Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - mikebzh44 - 2014-02-25

(2014-02-25, 14:34)BigNoid Wrote: If you update to a recent nightly build and get preview 8 you can choose a playlist as widget. You may make a duplicate playlist and set the limit for it to 10 or 25 to speed up the loading of the widget.

Work fine !!! Thanks !!

But there is no way to get infoline for custom menu based on smart playlists this way, but it's doesn't matter for me.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - zag - 2014-02-25

(2014-02-25, 15:19)BigNoid Wrote: @zag: wasnt that already added? Cant check atm but I recall adding those in list view a few weeks back.

I just checked and the 5 stars are missing from under the track times.

Please excuse the poor mockup Big Grin

Also while i'm at it, the text looks pretty big here, is there any way to squeeze more tracks onto the page possibly? Say.. 10 tracks for a typical album. Would it effect performance too much?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - pixdamix - 2014-02-25

(2014-02-25, 15:55)zag Wrote: Also while i'm at it, the text looks pretty big here, is there any way to squeeze more tracks onto the page possibly? Say.. 10 tracks for a typical album. Would it effect performance too much?

Just came by to say i'm pleased with the larger font size. Always liked Aeon, (65, Nox) I haven't been a great fan of MQ because I'm not that close to my TV and tiny font size have always been a problem (When you're 4/5 meters away from the TV)

So congrats to @Big_Noid, fantastic work !

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - drains - 2014-02-25

(2014-02-25, 14:34)BigNoid Wrote: If you update to a recent nightly build and get preview 8 you can choose a playlist as widget. You may make a duplicate playlist and set the limit for it to 10 or 25 to speed up the loading of the widget.
As for TriPanel; I'd rather keep it like it is.

Thanks, i think I'm on 7 so I'll update when i get in later.

For the TriPanel part, i figured as much that you'd like to keep it the same. Is there an easy way i can change this myself? Or at least point my in the right direction as to where to look to make the change?

Thanks,
Chris

Compared to Aeon Nox 4, I haven''t found any option to get fixed list because for movieset, it's a little bit crowded Big Grin

Aeon Nox 4.1.9 :

For show case view, you don't have plan to add delay option to display infopanel ?

Thanks.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Vaikin - 2014-02-25

Fixed lists setting is now a global. You either have it on or off, cant pick and choose.

Skin Settings -> General -> Navigation Style -> Fixed

Thanks Vaikin. Have this option at a global level is OK for me.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-02-25

(2014-02-25, 15:55)mikebzh44 Wrote:

Work fine !!! Thanks !!

But there is no way to get infoline for custom menu based on smart playlists this way, but it's doesn't matter for me.
No, its a bit complicated. The only way I found is by altering your script to strip it to only use the counting part, but that still requires loading the script 16 possible times on startup or an opening Home window. Thats too much code imo. I had a way of adding it to xbmc core code, but turn out it could not be used on home screen, so atm i'm out of ideas for that one.
(2014-02-25, 15:55)zag Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 15:19)BigNoid Wrote: @zag: wasnt that already added? Cant check atm but I recall adding those in list view a few weeks back.

I just checked and the 5 stars are missing from under the track times.

Please excuse the poor mockup Big Grin

Also while i'm at it, the text looks pretty big here, is there any way to squeeze more tracks onto the page possibly? Say.. 10 tracks for a typical album. Would it effect performance too much?
Ah I see, I have it laying in a local branch and never merged it. If you disable the parent folder item, you already gain 1 item Tongue

(2014-02-25, 16:13)pixdamix Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 15:55)zag Wrote: Also while i'm at it, the text looks pretty big here, is there any way to squeeze more tracks onto the page possibly? Say.. 10 tracks for a typical album. Would it effect performance too much?

Just came by to say i'm pleased with the larger font size. Always liked Aeon, (65, Nox) I haven't been a great fan of MQ because I'm not that close to my TV and tiny font size have always been a problem (When you're 4/5 meters away from the TV)

So congrats to @Big_Noid, fantastic work !
Thx, I agree on the larger font, it gives the whole thing more a 10 feet interface look.

(2014-02-25, 17:09)drains Wrote:
As for TriPanel; I'd rather keep it like it is.

Thanks, i think I'm on 7 so I'll update when i get in later.

For the TriPanel part, i figured as much that you'd like to keep it the same. Is there an easy way i can change this myself? Or at least point my in the right direction as to where to look to make the change?

Thanks,
Chris
Sure, open View_55_TriPanel.xml with your favorite text editor and search for
Code:
<description>Unwatched episodes</description>
In that group is a label with
Code:
<label>$VAR[ListOverlayEpisodesVar]</label>
Adjust the font for that control or add bold indicators like so:
Code:
<label>$VAR[ListOverlayEpisodesVar,[B],[/B]]</label>

EDIT: oh right, theres two of those, on for focused items and one for unfocused.
(2014-02-25, 17:49)mikebzh44 Wrote: For show case view, you don't have plan to add delay option to display infopanel ?

Thanks.
No, I wanted to keep that simple. If you see how much more code is needed for that one single option I thought it would be better to leave it out.

@zag:
I did merge that local branch. I have starrating on songs and albums at least in preview 8.

(2014-02-25, 20:40)BigNoid Wrote: @zag:
I did merge that local branch. I have starrating on songs and albums at least in preview 8.

Strange, I just went back to preview 8 and still can't see them Sad

Has anyone got a screenshot of it?

I see stars on the Showcase view, Shift and Icons view but not on the List view. I just see the track time as in the screenshot above.

Try manually unzipping it and delete the folder first.
Here's how it looks:

Looks perfect!

Thanks will check.

EDIT: OK seems installing from zip had a problem. Manually ftping the files shows the updates.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Roby77 - 2014-02-26

Installed preview 8, great skin

Thank you

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Maxoo - 2014-02-26

First, I'd like to thank you for the time you put in this skin. I've been using Aeon since DJH, and no skin has ever compared IMO.
You did a particularly amazing job on it.
Restarting from scratch because the previous skin was getting to heavy is a really nice action from you, escpecially since it takes a lot of time.
Update 8 is really good, especially since I find that fixed list option (maybe it should be one by default ?).

(2014-02-25, 19:41)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 17:49)mikebzh44 Wrote: For show case view, you don't have plan to add delay option to display infopanel ?

Thanks.
No, I wanted to keep that simple. If you see how much more code is needed for that one single option I thought it would be better to leave it out.
I did like that option a lot. I allowed people to browse through their movies and see their fanart, and when they stopped on a particular movie for 2 sec, it showed additionnal informations.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - mikebzh44 - 2014-02-26

Like Maxoo, I love to browse my library with just my thumbs and fanart and when I stop on a film, get the infopanel display after few seconds.

I know that A.E. 4 have a lot of settings (No, Manual, 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s) but maybe just with manual, it would be great. Unfortunatly, XML not support mathematical operations. Because it will be easier to set delay if animations could be defined one time and timing could be defined as <animation delay = 1000 * [$INFO(InfoPaneldelay)>