Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: [MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack (/showthread.php?tid=54207)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- Dudu.exe - 2009-08-21

A use cheap remote Control, it acts as a keyboard

my back button in the remote is Backspace! but allways worked fine im mediastreamish skins

Xbmc for windows =]

for me 'backspace' functions was allways return to previous screen! and that behaviour works fantastic on MediaStream Original and Redux,

i really dont see why it should be diferent on this mod!

- markiz - 2009-08-21

Aenima99x Wrote:Hmmm that is how it works for me, but maybe it's because I use a Harmony remote and my keymap is custom. Are you guys using remotes, xbox controllers, keyboards or what??
I'm heading out for vacation again and will be back on Tuesday, I can look into it then.

original xbox remote!

- Dudu.exe - 2009-08-22

another sugestion!

when you use a multiple image backgound, when you have a movie without a fanart, the backgrout is the "multiple image" too! but it reallty should be the default one ( the courtains )

its very strange when you select a movie and a completly diferent movie is showing in the background!

- SlaveUnit - 2009-08-22

Dudu.exe Wrote:another sugestion!

when you use a multiple image backgound, when you have a movie without a fanart, the backgrout is the "multiple image" too! but it reallty should be the default one ( the courtains )

its very strange when you select a movie and a completly diferent movie is showing in the background!

If this is implemented it would need to be an option and not something permanent. I do not have this problem because I use the multi-image background but I use a generic set of images. For instance, I use pictures of theater, popcorn, filmstrips etc. So when a movie doesnt have a fanart I just see one of those types of things.

- azido - 2009-08-22

Dudu.exe Wrote:A use cheap remote Control, it acts as a keyboard

my back button in the remote is Backspace! but allways worked fine im mediastreamish skins

Xbmc for windows =]

for me 'backspace' functions was allways return to previous screen! and that behaviour works fantastic on MediaStream Original and Redux,

i really dont see why it should be diferent on this mod!

did you guys notice you can change any behaviour of your remote by yourself? you can even set backspace to reboot windows if you like to.

go check the keymaps dir.

- Dudu.exe - 2009-08-22

SlaveUnit Wrote:If this is implemented it would need to be an option and not something permanent. I do not have this problem because I use the multi-image background but I use a generic set of images. For instance, I use pictures of theater, popcorn, filmstrips etc. So when a movie doesnt have a fanart I just see one of those types of things.

Well, this works fine on Mediastream Redux, I use fanarts as backgrounds for movies and tv shows menu, and its very strange!

I dont know if it is a intented feature, or a mistake.

azido Wrote:did you guys notice you can change any behaviour of your remote by yourself? you can even set backspace to reboot windows if you like to.

go check the keymaps dir.

i know how to customize the keymaps, but i dont want to change all the kaymaps that works fantastic for many skins, becouse one MOD, and MediaStream and MediaStream Redux works fine, so why this mod has to work diferent?

makes no sense!

and i already posted my reason why i dont want to change my keymaps!

Edit:
From this topic

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38692&highlight=keymap+backspace

themugger Wrote:okay im understanding more as i go on and didnt explain correctly before, i dont wont the back button to go straight to the home but back through the seasons and tv shows but skip the genres and videos parts.

For example if i was say in TV Shows/Entourage/Season 5/ i would like to go back like

TV Shows/Entourage
TV Shows
Home

at the moment it goes like

TV Shows/Entourage
TV Shows
Genres
Videos
Home

Skin i am using is Aeon btw, the reason i see this as a problem is if you go through TV shows on the home screen, skipping the Genres and Videos parts above then why do you need to go back through them on the way back to home?

thanks

jmarshall Wrote:The skin has to add the return parameter to it's ActivateWindow call.

- SlaveUnit - 2009-08-22

I thought the default for Jazz_x's background is the theater chairs? Are you sure you are not mixing this up with an Aeon mod that has the curtains by default? Maybe Hitcher's or Andy Blac or someone?

- Dudu.exe - 2009-08-22

yep, i know the default background of redux is the chair ( wich i personaly love btw ), but i know this skin have a default one for Tv shows ( the fancy room with the lcd screen ) and for movies ( that red courtain, sorry if i am using the wrong word, english is not my main language. )

in Jazz_X´s Redux, when you dont have a fanart it shows the chairs image, i thing in this skin mod, should apear the red coutain background if you dont have a fanart for a certain movie ( and the fancy room for tv shows )

but its just my opinion!

i really dont know if you guys like the way it is now!

- deepblue - 2009-08-23

re: the back button's functionality in the Movie/TV section, I commented on this many pages back. I think the reason people are asking about this is due to the fact that if you are on HOME and enter MOVIES, then hit the Back button, you get taken to the Genre Screen, etc. not to the HOME screen where you'd expect (i.e. I'd expect to go back to where I just was). This is the behaviour you see in other skins.

I'll throw in a +1 to have the functionality adjusted such that hitting back takes you to the main menu when you're in Movies and TV.

Thanks.

homescreen - the-cursed - 2009-08-23

Hey
I´m running redux 0.9.5 on my mac with plex 0.8.1
all works fine except there are just black backgrounds on the homscreen
I´m able to change the backgrounds for submenues like movie etc.
but not for main menue.
So I downloaded XBMC 9.04.1 but there´s just the same
no background pictures in main menue only black, so i downloaded older versions of mediastream redux but always just the same problem.
would be really glad if some could please help me out with this
because i really like the skin
THX

- noumenon - 2009-08-23

you need a newer version than 9.04.1.

Either use the svn, git, or search for another build on google.

noumenon

- Jezz_X - 2009-08-23

the-cursed Wrote:Hey
I´m running redux 0.9.5 on my mac with plex 0.8.1
all works fine except there are just black backgrounds on the homscreen
I´m able to change the backgrounds for submenues like movie etc.
but not for main menue.
So I downloaded XBMC 9.04.1 but there´s just the same
no background pictures in main menue only black, so i downloaded older versions of mediastream redux but always just the same problem.
would be really glad if some could please help me out with this
because i really like the skin
THX

You can grab a recent OSX build from here http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

- the-cursed - 2009-08-23

thanks jezz X
this worked out and runs like charm
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
THANKS

WallStream view - benobi - 2009-08-23

A couple of people asked for it some weeks ago, but the idea never really picked up.

Yet, I would really love to see the wallstream view from the original mediastream, at least for my music albums.

Is it complicated to add it to the mod (I have absolutely no clue about the type of effort it would take)? Does someone feel like doing it?

That is the only thing I miss from mediastream, apart from that, the mod is pure awesomeness, great job.

back again - the-cursed - 2009-08-24

hey
again for the black homescreen
after tryn xbmc on mac plex is really more made for mac
especially itunes and iphoto doesn´t work well
is there also a way solving my black menu problem
on plex?
thanks for help