Kodi Community Forum
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows (/showthread.php?tid=41129)

- Nazgulled - 2009-02-13

I see what you mean now...

I don't know if someone already suggested this but, have you tried placing an empty (0 byte) file with .avi extension on it? Doesn't XBMC recognize that file and add it to the library? Or does XBMC tries to actually play the file internally to verify if it's a real video file?

If it doesn't work, I'll try to think about it later, I'm kinda in the middle of my studding for saturday's exam :S Too much left to study, so little time :/

Just another idea: have you though requesting this feature to XBMC team? My opinion is that such a feature belongs to the XBMC core, it's something that other people may be interested in and such people may not be interested in using MIP. They just need to add video items to the library when the video nfo file is found, that would suffice I guess.

And they could even add proper support for such a feature. For instance, let's say you have those items in your library and the poster has the proper tag, doesn't really matter. You select one of those items and press "enter", what will happen? There's no movie file, there's no DVD in the drive or there may be but not the correct one, what will happen? Nothing or it will ask you to insert some DVD? Even if it does ask you, won't the DVD just play no matter which one you insert?

- kizer - 2009-02-13

Dont really have to get all that fancy. I'm just using that above URL I posted and I changed the ini file to say "Stored Offline On Disk #" The .ini file isn't created until you run it at least once. Also I discovered you have to delete the cache folder and Output now and then if you create the same files over and over testing.

In the little .csv file they give you you just do the following.
<Movie name>, <Disk Number>
<Movie name>, <Disk Number>

Example:
The Matrix, 1 =
The Matrix/
The Matrix.avi which says "Stored Offline On Disk #1" for 10 seconds or whatever the .ini is set to

Transformers, 201
Transformers/
Transformers.avi which says "Stored Offline On Disk #210" for 10 seconds or whatever the .ini is set to

Then you open up MIP and treat it like its a regular movie. Do you fanart and tag it with a DVD image if you like. Load it up and your ready to rock. When the Folder image is clicked on it plays a movie, which is "Stored Offline On Disk #" including your number or whatever you use. I would disable the IMDB lookup in that script so it doesn't create an .nfo file or look anything up. Let MIP do all that.

I didn't mean to go way off topic with it, but I think its cool and MIP can really do a number on it and its just another useful way MIP can build your library. Maybe a version of this could exist in MIP and then this is all a moot subject. Wink

- parena - 2009-02-13

Just a quick bug note. TheMovieDB.org includes PNG files (at least for fanart). For example the "Batman" movie (Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson) includes 2 HD png files and 2 lower res jpg's. MIP does show it found 4 files, but it only shows the jpg's.

Another possible bug... - JohnWPB - 2009-02-13

The latest build is no longer saving the movie.nfo, just the <Movie Title>.nfo

In the screen cap below, You can see that "Save Movie .nfo" is checked.

- fekker - 2009-02-13

JohnWPB Wrote:The latest build is no longer saving the movie.nfo, just the <Movie Title>.nfo

In the screen cap below, You can see that "Save Movie .nfo" is checked.

This is a bug, i'll have it fixed up when i release the new patch.

- MrTourettes - 2009-02-14

I have read though a lot of this thread but reading over all 60 pages of posts is a bit of a nightmare. So I am sorry if what I am asking has already been discussed.

How possible would it be to have an actor selection in the app? Basically all the actor details that are added to the nfo file I would like to select which ones I actually have written to the file ( to cut down on the number of actors in database ).

Could there be a little list box for all actors names. You scroll down.. Select the actor and the just tick or untick a radio button to have that actor included in the nfo file.

Filtering of Cast on Movies - JiveTalker - 2009-02-14

MrTourettes Wrote:How possible would it be to have an actor selection in the app? Basically all the actor details that are added to the nfo file I would like to select which ones I actually have written to the file ( to cut down on the number of actors in database ).

Could there be a little list box for all actors names. You scroll down.. Select the actor and the just tick or untick a radio button to have that actor included in the nfo file.

That's an interesting idea, and I get where you're coming from, but I don't think it's the best solution. I think that most people would like the actor list to just be the stars and not every single listed cast member. Unfortunately IMDb doesn't always list the stars first. For anybody with a large movie collection going through lists of thousands of actors and manually selecting or rejecting them would be quite tedious. It would be especially difficult to decide who to select or reject on films that you haven't yet watched!

It would seem to make sense for XBMC to have a filter that only lists the stars and not a long list of actors. The tricky thing is how do you do that? You could list people that appear in at least 2 titles as a way of filtering out most of the obscure people although that obviously wouldn't be perfect. Another way would be if there were some kind of "fame" list that ranked perhaps the top 250 famous actors. Another alternative would be only to list the people that have their names billed above the title. Unfortunately I can't think of anywhere to get a "fame" ranking or a list of who is billed above the title. Does anyone else have any ideas?

- JohnWPB - 2009-02-14

fekker Wrote:This is a bug, i'll have it fixed up when i release the new patch.

Cool... any rough idea as to when a patch will be released? I have some movies "on hold" pending creating the movie.nfo.

Now another question, I have tried to figure out exactly what is required for XBMC to scrape out of the folders....

I have creating a <movie title>.nfo, as well as a movie.nfo file just to play it safe. Will it use the <title>.nfo in a folder structure where each movie is in its own sub folder? Or is the movie.nfo the only one used in this case, and the <title>.nfo used if all movies are in the same folder?

BTW, THANK YOU for creating this application! It gives a lot more control as to what info for the movies is used, and manual selection of ones that XBMC gets wrong.

I personally feel that a seperate app should be used 100% instead of XBMC's main core app trying to scrape and view movies. This is the way all other media center database software works... "MyMovies" for instance.

- MrTourettes - 2009-02-14

JiveTalker Wrote:That's an interesting idea, and I get where you're coming from, but I don't think it's the best solution. I think that most people would like the actor list to just be the stars and not every single listed cast member. Unfortunately IMDb doesn't always list the stars first. For anybody with a large movie collection going through lists of thousands of actors and manually selecting or rejecting them would be quite tedious. It would be especially difficult to decide who to select or reject on films that you haven't yet watched!

It would seem to make sense for XBMC to have a filter that only lists the stars and not a long list of actors. The tricky thing is how do you do that? You could list people that appear in at least 2 titles as a way of filtering out most of the obscure people although that obviously wouldn't be perfect. Another way would be if there were some kind of "fame" list that ranked perhaps the top 250 famous actors. Another alternative would be only to list the people that have their names billed above the title. Unfortunately I can't think of anywhere to get a "fame" ranking or a list of who is billed above the title. Does anyone else have any ideas?

this is a very good idea. I have spent the day wondering the best approach...

But what you have pick up there sounds superb. When building acotr list have 1 extra display order for actors. Have normal order by name but then have an order by number of films they are in that is in your library.

I know with my library having actors listed in order of number of films would work for me.

How do we put this idea accross to the dev team?

EDIT : just looking on imdb I have noticed there is a star rating for all actors

http://www.imdb.com/help/show_leaf?prowhatisstarmeter

Could this be used? If Movie Info grabbed this data and saved with the actor and then had xbmc use the star rating when ordering the actors list.

- fekker - 2009-02-15

I'm going to check the main bug fixes back into the truck late tonight or tommorrow (WAF goes way down even looking at code on V day)

- boasist - 2009-02-15

fekker Wrote:Can you send me the error details when you attempt to run autopilot.

2 part dump sent via PM.

- fekker - 2009-02-16

Manual Patch 2450 posted
rev 2450 -
Fixed movie.nfo not created
Fixed error during pre-cache of items
Fixed error during auto-pilot due to an invalid path and/or missing title
System Volume Information and Lost+Found are now ignored
Fixed extra html in parsed data from imdb
Fixed Control Chars in imdb parsed data
Fixed extension not being added to fileinfo in .nfo file

- JohnWPB - 2009-02-16

Cool! Seems to be working quite well. Just ran the auto pilot, with the Overwrite nfo's turned off, and it filled in the missing movie.nfo's.

GetVideoArtwork.com? - david81 - 2009-02-16

Has anyone looked into http://getvideoartwork.com?

Seems like a great resource for high quality posters. I don't believe there is currently an API available, but perhaps a scraper could be made until an API is developed.

Just a thought.

- JohnWPB - 2009-02-17

They do have nice cover art there for sure! However, it would be very difficult, if not impossible to scrape that site. They use PHP pages, and there is no easy way to find the direct link to the images.