Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - gedisony - 2016-06-24

Hello,

I'm developing a reddit addon for kodi and encountered an interesting youtube link today.
https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=XUCpGcFxeYo&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzaLcb1S5mvs%26feature%3Dshare

I tried extracting that video id "XUCpGcFxeYo" and sending it to the plugin like so;
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=XUCpGcFxeYo
did not work. tried it on the browser and it came up with a different video id "zaLcb1S5mvs"

I haven't looked into the youtube api. Just wanted to know your thoughts on it.
Does the api say anything about getting the video id from an attribution link?

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - irn|bru - 2016-06-24

(2016-06-24, 07:44)gedisony Wrote: Hello,

I'm developing a reddit addon for kodi and encountered an interesting youtube link today.
https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=XUCpGcFxeYo&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzaLcb1S5mvs%26feature%3Dshare

I tried extracting that video id "XUCpGcFxeYo" and sending it to the plugin like so;
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=XUCpGcFxeYo
did not work. tried it on the browser and it came up with a different video id "zaLcb1S5mvs"

I haven't looked into the youtube api. Just wanted to know your thoughts on it.
Does the api say anything about getting the video id from an attribution link?
The video ID is zaLcb1S5mvs, not XUCpGcFxeYo as you said.

EDIT: Sorry, that sounded harsh when I re-read it, I wasn't meaning to be. XUCpGcFxeYo is the attribute ID. I don't know what that means but someone with even a little bit more knowledge than me will be able to tell you. The Video ID is zaLcb1S5mvs which is in your link after the watch?v= part. That is why the link in your browser resolves to the correct id.

Pausing a youtube video for too long causes freeze and video stopping - Glaaki - 2016-06-26

Hi!

I am having the following issue:

If I pause a youtube video for a long time, like 10-15 minutes or so, not exactly sure how long, when I restart the video, the following happens every time:
  • The video will start playing again (from cache?).
  • After a few seconds, the video freezes. Kodi freezes entirely. Cant access menu or stop the video in any way.
  • After some more time, the video finally stops and I go back the the menu I was in when I started playing the video.

I have a hunch that the freeze happens if the youtube video runs out, behind the scenes, while I have it paused in kodi. Just a guess..

I am often using the "send to xbmc" - plugin for firefox to start the video playing on my Kodi box.

This is really annoying and every time I have to restart the video from the start and fast forward to the place I was in when the freeze happened.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - Chaosphere64 - 2016-06-26

Is there a reason 5.2.2 is still not in the official Kodi Addons Repo?

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - aankkurr - 2016-06-27

(2016-06-26, 21:25)Chaosphere64 Wrote: Is there a reason 5.2.2 is still not in the official Kodi Addons Repo?
For this version you need to add separate repo which is given in first post

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-06-27

(2016-06-26, 21:25)Chaosphere64 Wrote: Is there a reason 5.2.2 is still not in the official Kodi Addons Repo?

Because more than likely there isn't a significant code change like there was with 5.1.17 -> 5.2.1

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - compy - 2016-06-27

Can we watch 4K movies with Kodi 17 with this plugin or you have beta for it ?

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - Funky_Funked - 2016-06-27

(2016-06-27, 12:50)compy Wrote: Can we watch 4K movies with Kodi 17 with this plugin or you have beta for it ?

Youtube only works in 720p as far as i know. There is a setting for 1080p in the youtube app, but it still only delivery 720p.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - compy - 2016-06-27

Yes but Kodi 17 You do have Dash support so you should be able to watch 4k even.

The Dash support is still a work in progress for the youtube plugin. Right now the 720p is only really alpha that h0d3nt3uf3l has been working on with some other developers.

for now 720p will be the best option you can get. I hope this helps.

Jeff

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2016-06-27

I have two possibly FEATURE REQUEST (but i don't know if already exist Smile :

1) There's exist a way for read the FULL DESCRIPTION of a video ? I have try to watch the video list as "Info Media" or "Info Media 2" and for some video it's no possibly to obtain full description. For example it's possibly to add this "feature" on context menu for a video or channel

2) It's possibly to obtain a feature for make a comment on a video when you use this addons stay logged in ?? I know now it's possibly to vote a video..... but no possibly to add a comments...

(2016-06-27, 18:54)DjDiabolik Wrote: I have two possibly FEATURE REQUEST (but i don't know if already exist Smile :

1) There's exist a way for read the FULL DESCRIPTION of a video ? I have try to watch the video list as "Info Media" or "Info Media 2" and for some video it's no possibly to obtain full description. For example it's possibly to add this "feature" on context menu for a video or channel

You mean like this? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160&pid=2359772#pid2359772

(2016-06-27, 18:54)DjDiabolik Wrote: 2) It's possibly to obtain a feature for make a comment on a video when you use this addons stay logged in ?? I know now it's possibly to vote a video..... but no possibly to add a comments...

I don;t see why this isnt possible since there are python cmds that do this, at least i think. Its something we can look into.

Jeff

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - 100Max - 2016-06-28

Thanks for keeping up the great work on this addon. :-)

* In case anyone else ever runs into this Error:
(The request uses the mine parameter but is not properly authorized.)
Well actually the pop reads: (The request uses the <code>mine</code> parameter but is not)
* Just Sign out.. and Re-Signin.(activate) and Problem solved. no prob since. no big deal really.
.... if you don't see a signout.. check in addon settings.. folders.. check signout for it to appear.

I guess it swapped api's on me and didn't re-authorize the new one automatically. is it supposed to auto?
...Last week I was playing my YT Playlist of music videos for an hour or two... And then that error popped up.
If it helps any: Win-7-Ultimate. kodi-16.1 Latest YT.5.2.2

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - Tarkus_ - 2016-06-28

Would love to see Like and Dislike in the main context menu, instead of having to drill down two menus to find them.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-06-28

(2016-06-28, 03:35)100Max Wrote: Thanks for keeping up the great work on this addon. :-)

* In case anyone else ever runs into this Error:
(The request uses the mine parameter but is not properly authorized.)
Well actually the pop reads: (The request uses the <code>mine</code> parameter but is not)
* Just Sign out.. and Re-Signin.(activate) and Problem solved. no prob since. no big deal really.
.... if you don't see a signout.. check in addon settings.. folders.. check signout for it to appear.

I guess it swapped api's on me and didn't re-authorize the new one automatically. is it supposed to auto?
...Last week I was playing my YT Playlist of music videos for an hour or two... And then that error popped up.
If it helps any: Win-7-Ultimate. kodi-16.1 Latest YT.5.2.2

No it wont auto log out. You'll need to sign out or delete the addon_data/plugin.video.youtube folder.

Jeff