Kodi Community Forum
Release Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix (/showthread.php?tid=164087)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - mikefreeman - 2013-06-09

(2013-06-09, 01:35)Romans I XVI Wrote: It looks like amazon changed how they are doing their videos now, not sure if it is better or worse for us. i will be able to fix it so we can play in a browser like we have been doing, but i am hoping that somebody with more knowledge could get it working in xbmc like it used to. otherwise if not i will get my workaround working again, just need a little time.

Thanks for all your awesome work! I hope Bluecop has a chance to take a look at this again soon, once his personal stuff settles a bit.

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - Romans I XVI - 2013-06-09

Alright i fixed it, just redownload and install, windows users won't need to redo the steps of creating a profile because that profile will still be there. It actually runs better now than before which is nice. The videos start at 0 instead of 45 second mark and luckily they left their original flash video player as a fallback so linux users can still watch videos. Windows users now have a silverlight video player, it seems to work good except on my first few tries i was getting a 5007 error video failed to play. It seemed like all i had to do though is go through the amazon website the normal way (hit Alt+Home to get to your homepage while in the kiosk mode) and play a video, then after that it worked fine. Post any questions or problem, i will try to keep this working.

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - Wendell - 2013-06-09

Thanks for the great fix!

The mapping errors I am getting are related to IE script debugging and appear to be coming from the XBMCFlicks plugin. I reinstalled the fix today and it worked fine and Amazon loaded without any errors. Then I go into XBMCFLicks and checked it and got the same MViz mapping object error. It appears to be loading IE. After using that I went back into the Amazon Plugin and it is using IE too and gives the MViz "could not create file mapping object(5)" I was seeing before.

I'm happy that both work after I clear the file mapping object error message but wanted to document what I saw in case it helped someone else. I did not realize there was an interplay between the two apps until today.

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - sfrooster - 2013-06-10

(2013-06-05, 02:29)Fmstrat Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 23:01)sfrooster Wrote: Does/did anyone else have the issue that firefox opens occupying only the left half of the screen (or anything less than the entire screen)? If so, is there a fix?

II found this to only occur for me with XBMCbuntu when logged into XBMC. Either logging into XBMCbuntu with the Window manager and starting XBMC or double clicking the video fixed it for me.

Yes - it is XBMCBuntu. I'll try with the double click fix and see...

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - ga_mueller - 2013-06-11

Thanks- it's working again!

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - locoguano - 2013-06-12

When these videos are exported, XBMC reports them all as 720p HD. Any way to fix this? (The movies are not HD.)

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - ren90 - 2013-06-14

Thanks a lot for the add on. I am relatively new to XBMC and am having an issue with the plugin that I wonder if anyone can help me with. When I play a movie or show from the add on, the show opens in IE rather than Firefox. This is a little annoying because two white bars appear on each side of the screen. I have the most up to date firefox in its default location and have checked the playercorefactory to ensure that it has firefox listed in the correct location. I am using XBMC 12.2 on Windows 8 and used to have XBMC Flicks installed but have uninstalled it (thought that fact it works similarly to this plugin may cause the problem). Any ideas? Thanks.

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - mkkelly75 - 2013-06-15

(2013-06-14, 23:19)ren90 Wrote: Thanks a lot for the add on. I am relatively new to XBMC and am having an issue with the plugin that I wonder if anyone can help me with. When I play a movie or show from the add on, the show opens in IE rather than Firefox. This is a little annoying because two white bars appear on each side of the screen. I have the most up to date firefox in its default location and have checked the playercorefactory to ensure that it has firefox listed in the correct location. I am using XBMC 12.2 on Windows 8 and used to have XBMC Flicks installed but have uninstalled it (thought that fact it works similarly to this plugin may cause the problem). Any ideas? Thanks.

I am running into this same issue (opening in IE/white bars on side). I have tried reinstalling and recreating the profile in Firefox with no luck. Any assistance would be appreciated.

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - HunterZ - 2013-06-16

Thanks for this, but I'm having some issues running under XBMCbuntu:
  • Got some error about a missing Firefox directory, possibly because I only have chromium-browser installed as a browser on my HTPC. I installed firefox and re-ran just to be safe.
  • Have to log into my amazon account on the browser.
  • Browser only takes up the left half of the screen.
  • Can't seem to close the browser, except by ssh'ing in and running 'killall firefox'.
  • Movie stops playing after a few seconds, with a popup claiming that Flash is out of date.

I guess it would be smarter for me to just connect an audio cable from my "smart" TV to my A/V receiver and use my TV to watch Amazon stuff.

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - Wendell - 2013-06-17

I got XBMC flicks and the Amazon working together again. The issue is that this fix changes the playercore in the system folder but XBMC Flicks adds a user player core that overides these settings for html files. My Netflix playercore was in the user data roaming folder in Win7. I tried a few things but the easiest was to change the rules in the user directory player core to call the name of the external player defined in the system player core. That causes XBMC Flicks and Amazon to both launch Firefox with the Amazon profile. It took me several tries of editing both playercores before I got a working combination. I'm sure others have a better understanding of all this but I wanted to share what was working for me.

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - morpheous - 2013-06-17

Hello fellas,

I have a 1st generation apple TV, running crystalbuntu a Linux distro How can i get this fix to work on my setup? I was running into the "script failed plugin.video.Amazon" error and just recently found out on another thread, that Amazon recently enabled DRM that prevents this plugin from working.

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - mkkelly75 - 2013-06-18

(2013-06-17, 01:59)Wendell Wrote: I got XBMC flicks and the Amazon working together again. The issue is that this fix changes the playercore in the system folder but XBMC Flicks adds a user player core that overides these settings for html files. My Netflix playercore was in the user data roaming folder in Win7. I tried a few things but the easiest was to change the rules in the user directory player core to call the name of the external player defined in the system player core. That causes XBMC Flicks and Amazon to both launch Firefox with the Amazon profile. It took me several tries of editing both playercores before I got a working combination. I'm sure others have a better understanding of all this but I wanted to share what was working for me.

Hi Wendell, anyway you can post the code of the playercores you changed for an example to go by?

Thanks,

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - advocation - 2013-06-18

Any chance of getting this to work in iceweasel? Only reason I ask, I am currently running raspxmbc for the raspberry pi. Would like to replace my roku completely, but without amazon app it might be hard...

Thanks!

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - Wendell - 2013-06-19

(2013-06-18, 03:08)mkkelly75 Wrote:
(2013-06-17, 01:59)Wendell Wrote: I got XBMC flicks and the Amazon working together again. The issue is that this fix changes the playercore in the system folder but XBMC Flicks adds a user player core that overides these settings for html files. My Netflix playercore was in the user data roaming folder in Win7. I tried a few things but the easiest was to change the rules in the user directory player core to call the name of the external player defined in the system player core. That causes XBMC Flicks and Amazon to both launch Firefox with the Amazon profile. It took me several tries of editing both playercores before I got a working combination. I'm sure others have a better understanding of all this but I wanted to share what was working for me.

Hi Wendell, anyway you can post the code of the playercores you changed for an example to go by?

Thanks,

For the playercorefactory in roaming/userdata/xbmc that was created for XBMCFlicks:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</filename>
<args>-k "{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="Firefox" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I changed the rule to use the player I called Firefox in the system playercorefactory.

For the playercorefactory in the system folder of the main XBMC directory:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Firefox" type="externalplayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe</filename>
<args> -P amazon</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<!-- These are compiled-in as re-ordering them would break scripts
The following aliases may also be used:
audiodefaultplayer, videodefaultplayer, videodefaultdvdplayer
<player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
<player name="DVDPlayer" /> placeholder for MPlayer
<player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
-->
</players>

<rules name="system rules">
<!--rule name="http" protocols="http" player="Firefox" /-->
<rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="Firefox" />
<rule name="https" protocols="https" player="Firefox" />
<rule name="rtv" protocols="rtv" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="hdhomerun/myth/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />
<rule name="rtmp" protocols="rtmp" player="videodefaultplayer" />

<!-- dvdplayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
<rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
<rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
<rule name="aacp/sdp" mimetypes="audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
</rule>

<!-- DVDs -->
<rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Only dvdplayer can handle these normally -->
<rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to dvdplayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
<rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- pvr radio channels should be played by dvdplayer because they need buffering -->
<rule name="radio" filetypes="pvr" filename=".*/radio/.*" player="DVDPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

That is basically the same as after the Amazon install I just renamed the player to Firefox as I recall. Hope that helps.

RE: Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix - locoguano - 2013-06-20

(2013-05-05, 10:04)Romans I XVI Wrote: Update
As of 6/5/2013 Amazon updated their website to incorporate microsoft silverlight, this temporary caused this workaround to stop working, However I have updated the installers now to include the new working scripts. Just run the installers again and everything should be back to working. Actually there are a few things that work better than before, videos now start playing at 0 seconds instead of 45 second mark and their will no longer be a "Trailer Not Available" error when attempting to resume a video. If you experience any problems just post on this forum, I will try to check it to make sure everything is working fine.

Still starting at the 45 second mark on some videos... maybe just a resume issue.