Kodi Community Forum
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) (/showthread.php?tid=265888)

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - looun - 2016-07-01

(2016-07-01, 15:03)hdmkv Wrote: Think what @Skank is getting at is, if the refresh rate switching app is a Kodi add-on, it has no relevance on external player. And external player is presently necessary to get framepacked 3D output and 4K.

For 2D, I can see the add-on being useful, especially if 23.976 works perfectly (vs. microstutters w/external player). But, we'd need to manually choose Kodi option, via content menu, everytime we want to use it for video playback vs. wrapper/external player. Suppose we could modify wrapper's playercorefactory.xml, but not sure if that will be full proof to make sure external player is only automatically called for 3D ISO's and 4K. For example, how would code distinguish between a 3D ISO vs. a 2D ISO?

at the moment 23,976 as output at 24hz, original minix addon ( amlogic ) never support 23.976hz HDMI ouput with this script, must be working with addon script.

Setting for disp1 file for 23,976 is little strange "Formt/DispMode :1920x1080_23.976/2D"

and for final go need:
- HD audio support
- keymap for call himedia expressx pop-up

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - Skank - 2016-07-02

(2016-07-01, 15:03)hdmkv Wrote: Think what @Skank is getting at is, if the refresh rate switching app is a Kodi add-on, it has no relevance on external player. And external player is presently necessary to get framepacked 3D output and 4K.

For 2D, I can see the add-on being useful, especially if 23.976 works perfectly (vs. microstutters w/external player). But, we'd need to manually choose Kodi option, via content menu, everytime we want to use it for video playback vs. wrapper/external player. Suppose we could modify wrapper's playercorefactory.xml, but not sure if that will be full proof to make sure external player is only automatically called for 3D ISO's and 4K. For example, how would code distinguish between a 3D ISO vs. a 2D ISO?

Exactly, we need wrapper for 3d so not so useful unless we change playercore..

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - dukester - 2016-07-02

Hi media needs to start supporting Android MediaCodec, the fact you need to use an external player is a HUGE turn off, i dont see why people are even buying this box.

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - looun - 2016-07-02

(2016-07-02, 14:14)dukester Wrote:

Hi media needs to start supporting Android MediaCodec, the fact you need to use an external player is a HUGE turn off, i dont see why people are even buying this box.
Q10/Q5 pro suppor Android MediaCodec very well with al codec:
OMX.hisi.video.decoder.mpeg4
OMX.hisi.video.decoder.avc
OMX.hisi.video.decoder.hevc

http://himediapro.blogspot.it/2016/03/kodi-e-hisilicon-come-e-la-situazione.html

it's kodi that NOT support himedia box

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - dukester - 2016-07-02

(2016-07-02, 14:20)looun Wrote: it's kodi that NOT support himedia box

Im not really sure but i dont think thats how it works Wink

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - smuller - 2016-07-03

I can buy this on Ebay for $239 shipped from China. Will this be different then the Australian version?

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - Matalo - 2016-07-05

Any chance that the microstutter on 1080/24p content are going to get fixed? This is still the most widely available content ...

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - hdmkv - 2016-07-05

Certainly hope so. Just between yesterday and today, we in the closed beta test group have sent HiMedia team several e-mails, providing details, trying to get them to really focus on this issue... the single most serious annoyance that remains.

(2016-07-03, 23:39)smuller Wrote: I can buy this on Ebay for $239 shipped from China. Will this be different then the Australian version?
Ask which version vendor will ship you. There is no Australian version... just a Chinese version (w/different f/w and Chinese apps) and international (English) version.

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - smuller - 2016-07-06

(2016-07-05, 19:48)hdmkv Wrote: Certainly hope so. Just between yesterday and today, we in the closed beta test group have sent HiMedia team several e-mails, providing details, trying to get them to really focus on this issue... the single most serious annoyance that remains.

(2016-07-03, 23:39)smuller Wrote: I can buy this on Ebay for $239 shipped from China. Will this be different then the Australian version?
Ask which version vendor will ship you. There is no Australian version... just a Chinese version (w/different f/w and Chinese apps) and international (English) version.

Thanks

I've received the Q10 Pro (international version) but have some difficulties and hopefully someone can help.

1. I am not able to connect to my NAS (Synology Diskstation) within Kodi. It does work with the other media center but this is not the one I wanna use. Problem is that my NAS has a password but there is no option to enter this in Kodi??

2. For some reason Kodi is using an external player which is horrible, doesn't even have the option to stop the movie? Probably I am missing something. How can I use the internal Kodi player? I am also using the Logitech Harmony One and it seems it is not working as well as on my Windows 10 HTPS.

The product itself looks great so hopefully I can work it all out.

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - looun - 2016-07-06

(2016-07-06, 09:42)smuller Wrote: 1. I am not able to connect to my NAS (Synology Diskstation) within Kodi. It does work with the other media center but this is not the one I wanna use. Problem is that my NAS has a password but there is no option to enter this in Kodi??

http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/index.php/Thread/3406-Tool-Mount-Media-Center-ShortCut-LAN-share-folder-SMB-SAMBA-into-SDCARD-folder/

(2016-07-06, 09:42)smuller Wrote: 2. For some reason Kodi is using an external player which is horrible, doesn't even have the option to stop the movie? Probably I am missing something. How can I use the internal Kodi player? I am also using the Logitech Harmony One and it seems it is not working as well as on my Windows 10 HTPS.

http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/index.php/Thread/3483-Kodi-ADDON-Frequency-Switcher-Autoframerate-detection/

Wink

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - smuller - 2016-07-07

(2016-07-06, 12:08)looun Wrote:
(2016-07-06, 09:42)smuller Wrote: 2. For some reason Kodi is using an external player which is horrible, doesn't even have the option to stop the movie? Probably I am missing something. How can I use the internal Kodi player? I am also using the Logitech Harmony One and it seems it is not working as well as on my Windows 10 HTPS.

http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/index.php/Thread/3483-Kodi-ADDON-Frequency-Switcher-Autoframerate-detection/

Wink

Thank you so much,

It does say it will not support DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD, so bumped out since my HTPC support everything except 3D ISO files.

I was hoping that the Himedia was the perfect media box for me.......

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - looun - 2016-07-07

new version 3.3 , now also UHD resolution is supported and SPMC
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx63o79bMC7lWXczWVprX01PVWM

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - hmally123 - 2016-07-07

Is there a way I can boot straight into movies folder on kodi? Makes it easier for wife and kids to use.

Thanks
H

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - VelvetKevorkian - 2016-07-07

(2016-07-07, 11:16)hmally123 Wrote: Is there a way I can boot straight into movies folder on kodi? Makes it easier for wife and kids to use.

Thanks
H

Settings>Appearance>Skin>Startup window

RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - mdj156 - 2016-07-07

Does anyone else has problems with lipsync? The image is totally out of tune compared to the audio, with both Kodi and the internal player.