Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=267160)

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - dreamcat4 - 2016-07-19

Hi again. How to 'clear cache' for this plugin? I mean web cache for the embedded javascript player. Can't find it on my system (win10). I think I need to clear that clean because it seems youtube 'DASH' feature has broken unexpectedly. Many thanks.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - OldOne - 2016-07-20

Hello,

i updated my system to LibreElec beta and have a problem with the youtube plugin:

when I start the youtube plugin it asks for doing the /activate thing to sync my account,
but after i enter the first code it jumps back to the youtube start page, sometimes it doesnt come that far:

Code:
19:40:35 T:139913221134080 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(14, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
19:40:35 T:139914131323008 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/
19:40:35 T:139914131323008 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/) failed

I tried deleting the addon_data folder and did a reinstall from the yotube repo with the latest version, same problem.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - robo989 - 2016-07-20

Known issue.
Upgrade to latest nightly to fix it.
Or downgrade to Alpha 1/Kodi17
Or downgrade to Kodi 16

(2016-07-20, 06:46)OldOne Wrote: Hello,

i updated my system to LibreElec beta and have a problem with the youtube plugin:

when I start the youtube plugin it asks for doing the /activate thing to sync my account,
but after i enter the first code it jumps back to the youtube start page, sometimes it doesnt come that far:

Code:
19:40:35 T:139913221134080 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(14, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
19:40:35 T:139914131323008 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/
19:40:35 T:139914131323008 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/) failed

I tried deleting the addon_data folder and did a reinstall from the yotube repo with the latest version, same problem.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-07-21

(2016-07-19, 17:00)dreamcat4 Wrote: Videos won't play immedately. The remain paused until the buffer reaches 100%

How about a debug log (wiki)?

Jeff

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - VelvetKevorkian - 2016-07-21

Question regarding views:

In the addon settings, i can set views - but these only seem to affect the main menu and "My subscriptions".
I've set "Fanart list" as my preferred view for episodes, and it works fine for "My subscriptions".
But as soon as i go to a different category/folder, the views are limited to just "List" and "Thumbnail".

Can this be changed?

Tenacity? Nah. Luck? Dunno but - lminor7 - 2016-07-22

(2016-07-17, 05:40)tjwoosta Wrote: For some reason this plugin wont stay activated on youtube for me. I go to youtube.com/activate and activate two times like it says then everything works great for a day or so, but then it makes me activate again. Is this normal? Is there a way to make it stay activated longer?

Hi folks, this is my first post here - I think - and it is a positive one Re: The Mason Dixon Kodi Youtube line.

For weeks I've been so DA^^m&D frustrated trying to log on to youtube via Kodi. I tried (what's this the 55th page?) literally over a million of your excellent suggestions but to no avail.
I'm using a Windows 10 PC and have enjoyed YouTube on Kodi for quite a long time. Then I was no longer able to log on. I suffered pretty much all the symptoms and descriptions mentioned in this thread. So did my PC and Kodi.
I was happy with Jarvis 16 but when Youtube began to fail, I updated to 17-Alpha2 Krypton. Same problem.

Every day I'd spend too much time running to the other PC muttering sets of eight letters, typing them in, running back, etc.
I don't want to jinx myself but I just installed Jarvis 16.1 (again) over Krypton. No tweaks, no copy and paste, no API keys.
This time when I went to - systems -> settings -> addons ->install from repository -> video addons -> Youtube -- I was given enough time to enter both sets of eight letters into my other PC and LO AND BEHOLD! I'm in!

I expected to log on to this thread and find a post saying it's all fixed, but apparently it isn't.
I hope this lasts!

Thanks for all the fish.
Cheers!

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2016-07-22

Deleted

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - GEEMac - 2016-07-22

Hello,

You probably already know issue with the Krypton latest alpha and Live steams being dropped. I just wanted to help with my findings and logs.
I am not sure this is the proper place to post all this. Please move to the appropriate forum or thread if needed. If moved please not URL so I can follow.
Thanks for reading the following.

I have found all standard YT streams are fine.
All Live streams NASA, Monterey Bay Aquarium, RNC, and Bird-Cat-Seal watching all stream for roughly 3-5 seconds with great 720P video and then dropout. I have tried changing the buffer from 5 to max (10?) and also have tried used settings from 144 to 720P. The live streams do not last more then 5 seconds even with the different settings.

Here is two different links to my Kodi/Kyrpton alpha log.
http://sprunge.us/GdfN
http://sprunge.us/NHVO

Syetem:
Host CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l), 4 cores available ,16Gb SD card. TV is a older Vizio (GV42L FHDTV) 42 inch with CEC capabilities.
Will eventually be run through an Onkyo TX-SR606 once I get around to replacing the bad capacitors on the HDMI switching board.

Software:
(17.0-ALPHA2 Git:f3ca4ea). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit
Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)
Kodi compiled Jul 6 2016 by GCC 5.4.0 for Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.6.3 (263683)
Running on LibreELEC (community) - Version: 7.90.003 8.0, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.6.3

FFmpeg version: 3.1 installed but reported "WARNING: unsupported ffmpeg version detected"
Host CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l), 4 cores available ,16Gb SD card. TV is a older Vizio 42 inch with CEC capabilities.

This error reported right after each stream access
CVideoPlayerVideo::OpenStream - Invalid framerate 90000, using forced 25fps and just trust timestamps.
Could this be part of the issue due to a time out trying to lock the frame rate?

WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.

Lastly could it be an issue with the live steam codec .m3u8?

I hope this will help in the development of the add-on.

Thanks again

p.s. ᐁ Please disregard my system below in my Signature. Hopefully this will soon be replaced with the smaller Pi 3. ᐁ

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - misty01 - 2016-07-23

@GEEMac: The add-on is doing its job by passing the playable video link to the internal Kodi player, CVideoPlayer. Looks like the issue is on the Kodi side. Maybe the Kodi Devs should be alerted to the problem?

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - GEEMac - 2016-07-23

Hi Misty
Thanks for the reply. I have been looking for the proper Kodi forum or bug reporting for version 17 / Krypton. Apparently I am not looking in the right place or they do not have any open forums or bug reporting for the work they are doing on 17. Maybe you or someone can point me in the right direction.
I was on the IRC but apparently the Devs don't monitor the channel or they are too busy to answer.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - GEEMac - 2016-07-23

P.S. Just found the forum thread. Pays to open the eyes a bit wider.... Blush

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - misty01 - 2016-07-23

Go to General Support section / Linux and Live Support and create a new forum thread there. Also look at the very top of (each) the web page, you'll see a Bugtracker button where there are guidelines for and a link to submit a Trac bug ticket.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - colbert - 2016-07-24

Hi I'm using Krypton 17.0 Alpha 2 on Win x64, getting this when I do the sign-in (this is immediately upon entering both codes and being returned to the Youtube add-on main menu):

Code:
23:13:16 T:6524  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.1) on Krypton (17.0) with Python 2.7.11
23:13:50 T:7668   ERROR: CPythonInvoker(40, C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
23:13:50 T:3424   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/
23:13:50 T:3424   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/) failed

I just keep getting the Sign-in menu, no subscriptions nothing so it isn't signing in.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - GEEMac - 2016-07-24

Just a quick update.

I tested the system with three live streams outside of YouTube; NASA, NHK Live, and Russia Today (RT). All these streams were perfect at 720P.

RE: Official YouTube Plug-in Thread - GEEMac - 2016-07-24

@colbert

I had the same issue here. I reinstalled the system and was at the point of setting up YouTube and I kept entering the code and nothing. When I tried again it asked for the code again. I went to settings and set " Enable Personal API Keys" to on and that apparently fixed the login key issue.