Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - eQUIV - 2017-01-11

When i try the deploy to lambda, I get this:

C:\code\kodi-alexa-master>C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy.exe deploy
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy-script.py", line 8, in <module>
load_entry_point('lambda-deploy==0.1.2', 'console_scripts', 'lambda-deploy')()
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 318, in load_entry_point
return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 2221, in load_entry_point
return ep.load()
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 1954, in load
entry = __import__(self.module_name, globals(),globals(), ['__name__'])
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\lambda_deploy\lambda_deploy.py", line 10, in <module>
import yaep
ImportError: No module named yaep

Any ideas?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Gibsarno - 2017-01-11

@digiltd

I installed sublimetext copied the .env text in to it and saved it as a .env. File and I seem to be having the same problem?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Spo0915 - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-10, 22:58)jingai Wrote: German language support is coming soon

Sounds great, thanks...

Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - digiltd - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-11, 09:00)Gibsarno Wrote: @digiltd

I installed sublimetext copied the .env text in to it and saved it as a .env. File and I seem to be having the same problem?

I have sent a pm

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Nelbert - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-11, 03:57)TearDrop1319 Wrote: @Nelbert its because you havent saved your .env file correctly. After saving it the file extension should say ENV file... if not and you jsut saved it as .env and still is a text file it wont work... I had the same issue...

I originally edited with notepad++ and saved it as .env.lambda so the extension showed as lambda.

Windows won't let me save it as just ".env" so I tried ".env.env" and a few variations of it and it still won't work.

Any guidance on where I'm going wrong?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - nsviper - 2017-01-11

@Nelbert Go to dos prompt and rename it in there to .env

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Nelbert - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-11, 22:52)nsviper Wrote: @Nelbert Go to dos prompt and rename it in there to .env

Thank you! Simple solution to my idiocy!

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - User 270783 - 2017-01-12

Any easy way of getting this up and running for people with absolutely zero experience with Python?

I've installed Python, had a go at following the guide, got as far as creating a Lambda account and edited my .env file but I've no idea how to even install the deploy to lambda script or even direct python to the right directories.

Is there like a Set This Up for Absolute Dummies version of this for a massive noob who would love this skill but is starting to get extremely frustrated?

I feel like I'm as close to setting this up as I am far away.

I'm trying to use the AWS Lambda method.
This is what I have done so far;
1. I've downloaded and installed Python.
2. I downloaded then tried to install pip - though after I failed, a quick look at the website tells me I should already have it with 2.7 - even if I don't know how to use it.
3. I downloaded lambda-deploy but again can't work out how to install it.
4. I downloaded the repo mentioned on the first page of this forum because when I tried to clone it in the shell it said (as with EVERYTHING I have typed) "SyntaxError: invalid syntax"
5. I edited .env.lambda with all of the details mentioned in the github tutorial - do I need to rename that file at all or should it stay as .env.lambda ?
6. I have created an AWS Lambda account with a User and Role (are there specific permissions I need to give these or does it really matter?)
7. I have entered under my AWS_DEFAULT_REGION eu-west-1 even though I don't know if I need to change this somewhere else - perhaps my AWS settings somewhere...?
8. I've set up a USER as detailed in the tutorial and pasted these details in to my .env.lambda
9. Now it's telling me to pip install lambda-deploy but I'm getting, yep you guessed it..."SyntaxError: invalid syntax"

Any (kind) suggestions on how to get this all working painlessly?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Cliff999 - 2017-01-12

Hi All
Can someone please be so kind as you help me too.

I could really do with some help, I am getting the dreaded "You must specify a region" error when I try to deploy the code, I have saved it in the ".env" so it is seen as env file type which seems to be the most common reason for this issue

I have been stuck on this to the point I even created a new AWS account with user & role, reinstalled Python also and created a the .env file from scratch

(Text in .env file)

# The Kodi webserver only supports HTTP.
# Uncomment KODI_SCHEME to tell the skill to use https between AWS and your local network
# (only use if you have already set this up with your own certificates)
#
# KODI_SCHEME = https

# If using a reverse proxy you might need to add an extra bit to the url before "jsonrpc"
# You can do this with KODI_SUBPATH (don't use slashes before or after)
#
# KODI_SUBPATH =

KODI_ADDRESS = **********.ddns.net
KODI_PORT = 8088
KODI_USERNAME = kodi
KODI_PASSWORD = ****

SKILL_APPID =

# Your local time zone for responses that include absolute times.
# See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
#
# For example, if you are in the Eastern US time zone, you would use:
# SKILL_TZ = US/Eastern
#
# Leave empty or undefined (commented out) if you don't need or want absolute
# time responses. An example is asking when the currently playing item will
# end. If you have SKILL_TZ defined, it will also tell you the wall-clock
# time when the item will conclude.
SKILL_TZ =

LAMBDA_ENV_VARS = KODI_SCHEME,KODI_ADDRESS,KODI_PORT,KODI_SUBPATH,KODI_USERNAME,KODI_PASSWORD,SKILL_APPID,SKILL_TZ

AWS_DEFAULT_REGION = eu-west-1
LAMBDA_TIMEOUT = 60
LAMBDA_MEMORY_SIZE = 128
LAMBDA_HANDLER = wsgi.lambda_handler

AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID = AK**********************LA
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY = nyp***************************4VPw4
LAMBDA_ROLE = arn:aws:iam::08************0:role/kodirole

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - TearDrop1319 - 2017-01-12

@Cliff999 if you read many previous posts about the region issues, it all has to do with not naming the .env file correctly... the extension should change to ENV, if your file extenstion is still a text document then it will not work...i had the same issue...edit your env file in Notepad... not wordpad.... click save... make sure you under file type you select all files... and just type .env as file name.. this will work... if you save it as .txt it will not... youll know it right when the saved file extension is ENV...

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - eQUIV - 2017-01-12

Not sure what the issue was on my other PC with the lambda deploy. But I copied all the files to a different computer and then the lambda deploy worked fine.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - eQUIV - 2017-01-12

For those of you having issues with the lambda deploy or setup in general. This is a pretty good walkthrough of the process:
http://www.howtogeek.com/249336/how-to-control-your-kodi-media-center-with-an-amazon-echo/

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - User 270783 - 2017-01-12

@eQUIV A quick scan of that walkthrough looks like it's missing all the bits and bobs that tripped me up - it quite simply details everything. I'll have a play around with that tonight after work and let you know the results.

Thanks!

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - nsviper - 2017-01-12

Just be careful with that link, it is missing some of the steps out that are required on the AWS skill section (that are detailed with the github code https://github.com/m0ngr31/kodi-alexa) i.e. setting up the slots.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-01-12

Adding to what @nsviper said, we cannot ever guarantee that guide will be up-to-date. In particular, the setup procedure will be changing pretty dramatically here within the next week or so.

I would always recommend you use the README on github as your guide when setting it up.

If there are things you feel are not clear enough in the README, please open an Issue on github and clearly state your problem with it. Better yet, if you can, fork the code, edit the README, and create a pull request.