Kodi Community Forum
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Arctic: Zephyr 2 (/showthread.php?tid=359976)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - NeroBoron - 2019-03-22

@ontap 
Configure it to add tv logos and then execute it to download them. The config can be a bit overwhelming so I would suggest you to check out the homepage for instructions.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Blurayx - 2019-03-22

(2019-03-22, 21:58)enrollado Wrote: Hello, thanks for this amazing skin, will it be possible to support Next Up? thank you very much, sorry for my english
Support for next-up coming soon Smile
Roadmap: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339791&pid=2813108#pid2813108

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - onesane - 2019-03-23

(2019-03-22, 12:07)Mungo Wrote:
(2019-03-22, 01:53)onesane Wrote:
(2019-03-21, 23:34)Mungo Wrote: <snip >

Quick question / request of my own - would there be a way to incorporate the TV show title when utilising the submenu widget "recently added"?

Cheers,

Mungo

</snip>
Ooooohhhh - I learned this one from Jurial just the other day. If you set up logos for your tv shows, they'll show up over the landscapes there on the submenu hub as well. Looks fantastic and saves space. Big Grin    
 Can @onesane @jurialmunkey or anyone else that may know - point me in the right direction / option / requirement to get the above enabled? (TV Logo displayed over episode thumbnail). I've been back through the thread and noticed it on a few screenshots HERE, but I can't seem to find where this option would be. TV Show folders have a logo.png and a Clearart.png image, and were there at time of scanning, so Kodi/skins should know about them.

I'm using the current release version 0.9.14.

Any help is appreciated  Smile

Cheers,

Mungo 
I actually just stumbled upon them working for the landscaped episodes on the hub by accident. What I did initially was go through my tv shows (in the LoveFilm view) and chose clearlogos under the "choose art" menu item on the show's description page. I right-clicked on the tv show, selected "Information," and selected "Thumb," went down to "clearlogo" and selected a clearlogo from the tv show's folder. (I had previously saved the images along with fanart and all that, but I think maybe they weren't named using the correct format - mine are logo.png, but maybe kodi requires clearlogo.png or something. I dunno. They weren't being picked up automatically in my library scrapes anyway. You can also use the Artwork Beef addon to download and assign the clearlogos.

Yesterday, I noticed that in the submenu for new episodes widget, they were also displayed over the landscapes, which led me to reply to you and share. Hope this helps. I'm far from an expert here...

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-03-23

(2019-03-22, 23:00)NeroBoron Wrote: @ontap 
Configure it to add tv logos and then execute it to download them. The config can be a bit overwhelming so I would suggest you to check out the homepage for instructions.

There are also buttons in the video info dialog to use AB.

The "Artwork" button with this icon will allow you to select individual artwork types for the movie/tvshow in question.

The "All Art" button with this icon with download all configured artwork types for the movie/tvshow in question.

The "Get Thumb" button in the info dialog will use Kodi's inbuilt artwork selector.

(2019-03-23, 00:01)onesane Wrote:
(2019-03-22, 01:53)onesane Wrote: Ooooohhhh - I learned this one from Jurial just the other day. If you set up logos for your tv shows, they'll show up over the landscapes there on the submenu hub as well. Looks fantastic and saves space. Big Grin    
 Can @onesane @jurialmunkey or anyone else that may know - point me in the right direction / option / requirement to get the above enabled? (TV Logo displayed over episode thumbnail). I've been back through the thread and noticed it on a few screenshots HERE, but I can't seem to find where this option would be. TV Show folders have a logo.png and a Clearart.png image, and were there at time of scanning, so Kodi/skins should know about them.

Cheers,

Mungo 
I actually just stumbled upon them working for the landscaped episodes on the hub by accident. What I did initially was go through my tv shows (in the LoveFilm view) and chose clearlogos under the "choose art" menu item on the show's description page. I right-clicked on the tv show, selected "Information," and selected "Thumb," went down to "clearlogo" and selected a clearlogo from the tv show's folder. (I had previously saved the images along with fanart and all that, but I think maybe they weren't named using the correct format - mine are logo.png, but maybe kodi requires clearlogo.png or something. I dunno. They weren't being picked up automatically in my library scrapes anyway. You can also use the Artwork Beef addon to download and assign the clearlogos.

Yesterday, I noticed that in the submenu for new episodes widget, they were also displayed over the landscapes, which led me to reply to you and share. Hope this helps. I'm far from an expert here...

Yeah I'm pretty sure that they need to be named clearlogo now because that is the artwork type name. In previous kodi versions, I think logo was fine and kodi would pick it up and put it in the clearlogo artwork type. However, with Leia, artwork types were updated so that you can potentially create any artwork type you would like and kodi will present it to skins as ListItem.Art(ArtworkTypeName). So now it needs to be called clearlogo to be scraped as a clearlogo.

(2019-03-22, 02:36)dargnine Wrote: Hey jurial, im costumizing my Kodi with AZ2 and from day to day I see how great your skin is. You are a GENIUS Smile

I have jus three questions:

1.) will there be in future in the PVR tv channels also a scrollbar, dialog for channel groups and channel numbers like in AZ1?

2.) Will it be possible in future to make hub nodes from widgets in the main menu?

3.) I will make a lot of movies as widgets in the main menu: What would be the best way to give one of this movies to favourites? When I open the context menu there is just info, but no option to give it to the favourites.

Look:

thanks a lot for your work jurial, you are GREAT!!!!

1. I will add a scrollbar and a channel group selector.
2. I don't understand this question.
3. This is a kodi or addon issue. Skins don't control what items are shown in the context menu (just how it looks).

(2019-03-22, 02:56)Edworld Wrote: possible bug or design change:

On poster showcase, it used to show metacritic, imdb, tomato ratings, latest version is imdb only

It's working fine for me.

(2019-03-22, 08:43)mrsix Wrote: Is there a way in the "media info" or "Media info 2" view to show the tv show name for plaves like "Recently Added episodes" - it's kind of impossible to tell what show eah given episode is from given only the episode title.

Ah yes, I see what you mean! However, if you have clearlogos for your tvshows, they will show overlaid on the fanart in the info section. Also media info 2 should show the poster of the tvshow.

The issue is that adding the tvshow name will then make the name really long and you won't be able to see the episode title anymore!

(2019-03-22, 11:02)olympus Wrote: I would like something to be added in PVR views. @jurialmunkey please consider it.
In other skins like Estuary when you are in a PVR view you are able to access the other PVR sections from breadcrumbs.
I mean Channels, TV Guide, Recordings, Timers, Timer Rules, Search

I would like them to be added in PVR here.

The same way AZ adds breadcrumbs in other views.

I'll add these Smile

(2019-03-22, 11:11)umonkey Wrote: Good Morning Jurial, 

Can we have a set widget limit option for the submenu?

thanks

As in submenu hub? I'm currently looking at adding some additional options here - just trying to find a way that doesn't completely overload the customisation screen with too many options.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - chrissix666 - 2019-03-23

Has this skin multiimage characterart support and multiimage poster (aka extraposter or characterposter) support?

(2019-03-22, 19:13)mrkuba Wrote: Quick question. How do i enable imdb scores to show in the poster view?

thats the view  have in mind: https://imgur.com/QISRBr7

That view doesn't show ratings.

(2019-03-22, 19:49)Blurayx Wrote: @jurialmunkey
I have to commend you on how great A:Z2 navigation works on my Nvidia tablet. As you already know Aura has always been my favourite skin but I could never use it on my tablet. A skin that works with my Nvidia TV and tablet. Now I have the best of both worlds. Smile
Thank you

Thanks Big Grin

I'm glad it's working well on touch devices. I've tried to make sure that the mouse works as much as possible across the whole skin.
There are some aspects of Kodi navigation that are really difficult to get around (like scrolling up/down with the mouse between multiple widget lists), but for the most part, I think I've managed to get most aspects working without any issues.

Please let me know if you find anything that seems really broken in terms of touch/mouse. Obviously remote usage is my first priority, but I would like to solve any mouse/touch issues that completely break things (other than the up/down navigation between lists issue that I mentioned above, because I don't think there is any solution to that really at all).

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Mungo - 2019-03-23

(2019-03-23, 00:01)onesane Wrote:
(2019-03-22, 01:53)onesane Wrote: Ooooohhhh - I learned this one from Jurial just the other day. If you set up logos for your tv shows, they'll show up over the landscapes there on the submenu hub as well. Looks fantastic and saves space. Big Grin    

Cheers,

Mungo         

Awesome, thanks for the extra info - appreciate it. Now that it's rolled around to the weekend, and I've had time to sit down with a nice coffee, relax and take another, less rushed look at this. I've followed a few breadcrumbs down the rabbit hole, bounced through a few wiki pages, and come up with the following tidbits for those like myself, you, @ontap and probably a slew of other people that will hopefully find handy:
. *Note: I have all my metadata (nfo's + artwork of all types) pre-scraped and stored locally with my media. I don't have, and never had, Artwork Beef installed
  • Naming convention: All my logos, are named "logo.png". This appears to be an outdated naming convention with "clearlogo.png" being the preferred default
  • Case Sensitivity: I seem to have OCD when it comes to naming standards in general, and most of my artwork starts capitalised....extra fanart naming conventions state all lowercase. Just Something to check.
  • Availability of use: Although extra artwork is a skin by skin thing, even if a skin can make use of them - Kodi from v18 needs to be TOLD they're there in general via a new "whitelist" of artwork types. This is done by adding a "videolibrary" section to your advancedsettings.xml. This includes clearlogo's and a slew of other artwork types:
SO....once I had a) renamed my logos to "clearlogo", b) made sure they were all lowercase, c) added the videolibrary section and wanted artwork types into my advancedsettings file and finally d) refreshed my TV library... - BOOM - ... logos on landscapes....

I tested with a single TV series, then once the above worked - used bulk rename utility to rename all my "logo.png"'s to "clearlogo.png", ensuring all lowercase, re-scanned my library and well,...I feel like I'm back on a level playing field with everyone else that seemed to be a step ahead  Rofl .

(2019-03-22, 22:20)baruchin Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey
I see you implemented clearlogos on home screen horizontal single widget layout. With this, every aspect of Kodi that I commonly use as of now, is perfectly usable. Thank you.

Excellent! Big Grin