Kodi Community Forum
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on (/showthread.php?tid=177557)

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - MarhyCZ - 2016-05-04

(2016-05-04, 15:42)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 11:05)MarhyCZ Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 01:19)dmdsoftware Wrote: The issue is strictly with the "timed text" (closed-caption tracks)? Have you encountered it with SRT/SUB files?

The plugin has to convert the Google format "timed text" to SRT. I'm suspecting it is a timing issue (conversion might be taking longer then expected and failing)

Ok, thats weird. SRT files are not loading too. SRT has a same filename as a video file, subtitles parsing is on in Kodi Video settings, also .srt and closed-captions are enabled in gdrive plugin. And still none of these are loading.

Which release are you using and version?

It´s Jarvis - 16.1 Almost vanilla install - gdrive and a few video plugins from main Kodi repository. Windows 10 1511.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-05-04

(2016-05-04, 18:20)MarhyCZ Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 15:42)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 11:05)MarhyCZ Wrote: Ok, thats weird. SRT files are not loading too. SRT has a same filename as a video file, subtitles parsing is on in Kodi Video settings, also .srt and closed-captions are enabled in gdrive plugin. And still none of these are loading.

Which release are you using and version?

It´s Jarvis - 16.1 Almost vanilla install - gdrive and a few video plugins from main Kodi repository. Windows 10 1511.

So gdrive and not gdrive-testing? Can you try gdrive-testing?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - MarhyCZ - 2016-05-04

(2016-05-04, 18:39)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 18:20)MarhyCZ Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 15:42)dmdsoftware Wrote: Which release are you using and version?

So gdrive and not gdrive-testing? Can you try gdrive-testing?

Sorry, my fault. It was gdrive-testing. It actually worked when I tried the stable gdrive plugin!

[RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - jaspreet - 2016-05-13

Hey Awesome add-on
One issue I am having with some publicly shared videos is that mp4 h264 format is not working but Flv and webm are working.
This doesn't happen with all videos but to a majority of them Like if I try 360p h264 it will error out .
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QOQy4-o9QpbkpqWDVmblZzTkk/view?usp=docslist_api
Try this file and see if you can play mp4 h264 360p
P.s I don't like flv cause I can't forward or seek or move around in a video file

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-05-13

(2016-05-13, 12:20)jaspreet Wrote: Hey Awesome add-on
One issue I am having with some publicly shared videos is that mp4 h264 format is not working but Flv and webm are working.
This doesn't happen with all videos but to a majority of them Like if I try 360p h264 it will error out .
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QOQy4-o9QpbkpqWDVmblZzTkk/view?usp=docslist_api
P.s I don't like flv cause I can't forward or seek or move around in a video file

How are you playing back the file?

If I add the file to my Google Drive and invoke playback, each stream option works for me (playback starts without error). Tested with GDrive-tesitng v0.7.49

Yes, FLV are not seekable. WEBM is generally best for seeking, especially on very large/long files (12+ hour videos), but with lower resolutions.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - jaspreet - 2016-05-13

(2016-05-13, 14:07)dmdsoftware Wrote:

If I add the file to my Google Drive and invoke playback, each stream option works for me (playback starts without error). Tested with GDrive-tesitng v0.7.49

Yes, FLV are not seekable. WEBM is generally best for seeking, especially on very large/long files (12+ hour videos), but with lower resolutions.
They are added in my drive as well but for me the mp4s are not working!
I am using the latest stable and have the same behavior on Android phone , Openelec RPI and windows!
Could it be that I have a slow connection? Is there a timeout for seeking a mp4 link?
If you can help me run mp4 links that would be so great!

PS I use mp4 cause it take the lowest bandwidth and is seekable on my connections

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-05-13

(2016-05-13, 15:03)jaspreet Wrote:
(2016-05-13, 14:07)dmdsoftware Wrote:

I am using the latest stable and have the same behavior on Android phone , Openelec RPI and windows!
Could it be that I have a slow connection? Is there a timeout for seeking a mp4 link?

PS I use mp4 cause it take the lowest bandwidth and is seekable on my connections

You might want to try the gdrive-testing version. It'll be the next stable version when test results are complete.

There were a lot of fixes between stable and the latest testing, and the issue you are encountering might be related to something that was fixed. There were 32 releases between the two (v0.7.17 vs v0.7.49).

You can just try it on one device and provide feedback if it worked for you. I'm itching to move testing to stable.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - jaspreet - 2016-05-13

(2016-05-13, 15:21)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-05-13, 15:03)jaspreet Wrote:
(2016-05-13, 14:07)dmdsoftware Wrote: How are you playing back the file?

You might want to try the gdrive-testing version. It'll be the next stable version when test results are complete.

There were a lot of fixes between stable and the latest testing, and the issue you are encountering might be related to something that was fixed. There were 32 releases between the two (v0.7.17 vs v0.7.49).
I used that too on my windows laptop but had the same result. Here's a log
http://pastebin.com/VqTmGP9M

This log is from stable version though and from my phone.
If it doesn't give any clue I can get the logs from the Testing version too in a bit
Thank you for looking into this

Also log using testing version . First I played a mp4 source which failed followed by flv which worked
http://pastebin.com/avGVYQpj

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - scofield272 - 2016-05-20

can i get an "out side subs " to work automatically with my movies and tv shows that on my drive with gdrive ?
i have tried to put the subs together at the same folder with the same names as the movies and i didn't manage to get it to work..

btw thanks for this great great addon Smile

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-05-21

(2016-05-20, 17:28)scofield272 Wrote: can i get an "out side subs " to work automatically with my movies and tv shows that on my drive with gdrive ?
i have tried to put the subs together at the same folder with the same names as the movies and i didn't manage to get it to work..

btw thanks for this great great addon Smile

This is with gdrive or gdrive-testing, as gdrive-testing is less tolerable to SRT.

gdrive testing will find SRT files with same name as video file with .language.srt ANWHERE on drive. gdrive-testing the srt must be in the same directory but if you have all your movie files and srt files in the same directory, that will not work.

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - scofield272 - 2016-05-21

thanks for your answer ,
i didnt understand the part " but if you have all your movie files and srt files in the same directory, that will not work. "
so which directory i need to put the srt files then ?
btw i am using the stable version v0.7.17 and try hebrew srt...

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-05-21

(2016-05-21, 07:16)scofield272 Wrote: thanks for your answer ,
i didnt understand the part " but if you have all your movie files and srt files in the same directory, that will not work. "

What is the filename for video file and for srt?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - scofield272 - 2016-05-21

(2016-05-21, 14:31)dmdsoftware Wrote:

all my files and srt names are in this format : Viking - ויקינגים
english - hebrew

maybe the hebrew part is what that cause the issue?

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - scofield27 - 2016-05-21

(2016-05-21, 17:02)scofield272 Wrote:
(2016-05-21, 14:31)dmdsoftware Wrote:

english - hebrew

** update **
ya this is why lol , i removed the hebrew part from the names and the sub appeared Smile
thanks

RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - dmdsoftware - 2016-05-22

(2016-05-21, 21:55)scofield27 Wrote:
(2016-05-21, 17:02)scofield272 Wrote:
(2016-05-21, 14:31)dmdsoftware Wrote: What is the filename for video file and for srt?

english - hebrew

** update **
ya this is why lol , i removed the hebrew part from the names and the sub appeared Smile
thanks

I have sent you a PM regarding the issue.