Kodi Community Forum
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds (/showthread.php?tid=265299)

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - movie78 - 2016-03-27

(2016-03-27, 02:16)hdmkv Wrote: Okay, did some extensive tests, with build 20160325 on both of my Intel PC's, with the two issues left that kinda bother me: (1) Occasional, but slight lip sync, and (2) lack of DD+ support...

Dolby Digital Plus: Used 5.1 and 7.1 DD+ samples & channel checks by Dolby, and got same results with Celeron and i5:
  • With WASAPI selected, and all passthrough options enabled = no audio
  • With WASAPI selected, and all passthrough options enabled except 'E-AC3' = multichannel 5.1 (with both 5.1 and 7.1 DD+)
  • With DIRECTSOUND selected, and all passthrough options enabled = multichannel 5.1 (with both 5.1 and 7.1 DD+)
So, I feel for now, for DD+ on HTPC's, it's best to have all passthrough options enabled except 'E-AC3'.

Lip Sync: Used 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2' 3D ISO w/Dolby ATMOS to test with for all:
  • Celeron, w/passthrough enabled: Slight lip sync. I'd guesstimate the audio is about 500 milliseconds behind the video
  • Celeron, w/passthrough disabled: Same as above
  • i5, w/passthrough enabled: No lip sync
  • i5, w/passthrough disabled: No lip sync
With 2D material... I tested a couple of 1:1 MKV rips with ATMOS, DTS:X and DTS-HD MA, and no lip sync with any in Celeron or i5.

So, I'm now thinking, maybe (not that I want to accept it as I recently bought one) that DN2820FYKH NUC doesn't quite have adequate horsepower (not my much though) to deal with HD audio in ISO's? Especially 3D ISO's? ISO's are more demanding than MKV's. Maybe i3 or i5 is needed?

I almost order a more powerful NUC,but i will give @afedchin sometime to perform it magicAngel

I discover a quick fix for the out of sync audio,once the movie start, if i FF the movie quick second then then the Audio get in Sync.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - dchabby - 2016-03-27

I was just going to mention that movie78.

When I get some audio delay(lip synch), if I watch the movie for a minute and then go back a chapter then it isn't there anymore.

I know its not a perfect solution but not really that big of a deal.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - woronczak - 2016-03-27

Hi guys

I also have the NUC DN2820. I could be mistaken, but I think with an earlier version, I don't think there were lip sync issues (I will have a play and update), but can confer that there are issues with the build from the 25th.

Also, with my setup (Benq W1070 3d Projector, Pioneer VSX ) I have noticed that there is a problem with switching to the correct 3d mode.

If my Windows refresh rate is set to 50hz (as in the log; same thing happens for 59/60 or 29/30 though), then when trying to play a 3d movie (eg Avatar MKV as in log), it triggers frame packing mode, but only at 30Hz on the projector (subsequently, the picture looks as like those interpolation "smooth motion" modes on TVs). If I set my Windows resolution to 23 (presumably 23.976) Hz, then the projector goes to the correct frame packing 24Hz mode. The audio sync is still out on both, but seems to be better on the 30Hz mode.
As others have stated, if you fast forward a few seconds, the sync is restored.

This problems does NOT occur when watching a 2d MKV - regardless of the Windows refresh rate, kodi outputs the correct resolution of the file to the projector (so that if my Windows refresh rate is 50Hz, then Kodi still switches to the correct 24Hz refresh rate and also without lip sync issues).

As I noted several weeks ago, in early builds, 3d would not trigger at all with this setup unless the Windows refresh rate was 23 or 24 Hz. There must be something in this then.

http://pastebin.com/jB7ECpGy

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - afedchin - 2016-03-27

@woronczak
Did you read the OP?

1. Preferable Kodi Setting
Settings/Videos/Playback/Adjust Display Refresh Rate/On start / stop
2.Advanced setting <forcemodechangebeforestereo> (default disabled) which causes force switch to 23.796 mode.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Karnis - 2016-03-27

Debug log:
Win 10 64 bit
Nvidia Geforce GT720 video card
Driver version 364.51
Latest test build of Kodi

During playback of 3D MKV file, video will freeze while audio continues, loses sync on recovery

http://xbmclogs.com/ptufr3yqk

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - wizziwig - 2016-03-27

(2016-03-27, 02:16)hdmkv Wrote: So, I'm now thinking, maybe (not that I want to accept it as I recently bought one) that DN2820FYKH NUC doesn't quite have adequate horsepower (not my much though) to deal with HD audio in ISO's? Especially 3D ISO's? ISO's are more demanding than MKV's. Maybe i3 or i5 is needed?

I think part of the problem might be that the model of NUC you purchased only supports single channel memory and it maxes out at only 1066Mhz. There might not be enough bandwidth to handle high bitrate MVC. Hopefully there is some room for code optimization to remove or speedup any redundant memory copies or simplify the pixel shaders. When dealing with PC's it's never a good idea to aim for the lowest hardware spec available. Best to leave some breathing room.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - tony_the_unik - 2016-03-27

hi everybody!! i have try to play iso 3d but it doesn't work... my screen stay black, my projector loose signal...

my hardware:
Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core i5 4440 with intel hd graphic 4600
Driver : 10.18.15.4279
DirectX 12

Benq w1070

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/pddoaf12k

Thanks in advance

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - wesk05 - 2016-03-27

(2016-03-27, 02:16)hdmkv Wrote: Okay, did some extensive tests, with build 20160325 on both of my Intel PC's, with the two issues left that kinda bother me: (1) Occasional, but slight lip sync, and (2) lack of DD+ support...
So, I'm now thinking, maybe (not that I want to accept it as I recently bought one) that DN2820FYKH NUC doesn't quite have adequate horsepower (not my much though) to deal with HD audio in ISO's? Especially 3D ISO's? ISO's are more demanding than MKV's. Maybe i3 or i5 is needed?

As mentioned in the other thread, I reinstalled Windows and now I get the same results as you, ie., no audio from Dolby Digital Plus with passthrough enabled. I think this is an issue in the master because I got the same results with 3/24 master build.

I am also noticing quite a large A/V sync problem and this is on a Core i5 4570S (Haswell), 8GB RAM system. In my system, I can't quite get rid of the audio sync problem even after FF/RW. Again, I get this on the master build also (for 2D).

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - brazen1 - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-27, 20:20)tony_the_unik Wrote: hi everybody!! i have try to play iso 3d but it doesn't work... my screen stay black, my projector loose signal...

my hardware:
Windows 10 64bit
DirectX 12

Benq w1070

Thanks in advance

Go to Intel site and use the automatic scan for drivers.
You should get a choice of two possible drivers.
You have the wrong one.
Try the other.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - woronczak - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-27, 12:20)afedchin Wrote: @woronczak
Did you read the OP?

2.Advanced setting <forcemodechangebeforestereo> (default disabled) which causes force switch to 23.796 mode.

Sorry afedchin - did not see that (I thought it was a fix for crashing, not my issue). The advancedsetting bit makes it switch to 23.976 mode

FYI to hdmkv and others with the issue, even with i3 NUC (D34010WYK) there is sometimes a sync issue (which is rectified by ff / rew) - not just for the DN2820

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - DeejayT - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-28, 04:23)woronczak Wrote:
(2016-03-27, 12:20)afedchin Wrote: @woronczak
Did you read the OP?

Sorry afedchin - did not see that (I thought it was a fix for crashing, not my issue). The advancedsetting bit makes it switch to 23.976 mode

FYI to hdmkv and others with the issue, even with i3 NUC (D34010WYK) there is sometimes a sync issue (which is rectified by ff / rew) - not just for the DN2820

Hi @,

i read about the sync issue when playing 3d isos with hd audio. Now i order a DN2820, at this point i can cancel this order and switch to another nuc with more power if needed to have lip sync. Is the sync issue a hardware problem or can it be fix by kodi?

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - noggin - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-27, 02:16)hdmkv Wrote:
  • Celeron, w/passthrough enabled: Slight lip sync. I'd guesstimate the audio is about 500 milliseconds behind the video
  • Celeron, w/passthrough disabled: Same as above
  • i5, w/passthrough enabled: No lip sync
  • i5, w/passthrough disabled: No lip sync

I'm confused. Does 'No Lip Sync' mean the there was no lip sync (i.e. the audio and video were so badly out of sync it was terrible), or that there were no lip sync errors, i.e. perfect lip sync?

Where we do this stuff for a living, you would describe a good source as : being in "Lip Sync", "Good Lip Sync", "no lip sync errors" and you describe a bad source as "Bad Lip Sync", "Lip Sync Error", "Out of Sync" etc.

"No Lip Sync" would suggest that the source was so catastrophically bad there was no lip sync at all, i.e. the lips and sound were totally unconnected (like a foreign language dub or a delay of multiple seconds between sound and vision)

So a source with "Lip Sync" would be good, and one with "No Lip Sync" would be bad. I think you are trying to say the reverse of this though? It's really confusing (almost as bad as using 'lag' to describe dropped frames etc., where again in 'pro' circles lag would be used to describe audio/video delays, i.e. the sound lags the vision or the vision lags the sound)

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - tony_the_unik - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-28, 02:58)brazen1 Wrote:
(2016-03-27, 20:20)tony_the_unik Wrote: hi everybody!! i have try to play iso 3d but it doesn't work... my screen stay black, my projector loose signal...

my hardware:
Windows 10 64bit
DirectX 12

Benq w1070

Thanks in advance

Go to Intel site and use the automatic scan for drivers.
You should get a choice of two possible drivers.
You have the wrong one.
Try the other.

Thanks for your anwser Blush

I have tried but the result stay the same...

i have tried this drivers:

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - hdmkv - 2016-03-28

@noggin, I believe users following this thread understood, but you're right about proper semantics. So, for clarity's sake about lip sync issue (error)...

With build 20160325, using my Intel PC's i5-4570 w/Intel Graphics 4400 and Celeron NUC DN2820FYKH, w/'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2' 3D ISO w/Dolby ATMOS to test these:
  • Celeron, w/passthrough enabled: Slight lip sync error. The audio was about 500 milliseconds behind the video
  • Celeron, w/passthrough disabled: Same error as above
  • i5, w/passthrough enabled: Good lip sync
  • i5, w/passthrough disabled: Good lip sync
With 2D material, using a couple of 1:1 MKV rips with ATMOS, DTS:X and DTS-HD MA = good lip sync with Celeron and i5.

(2016-03-28, 11:29)DeejayT Wrote: i read about the sync issue when playing 3d isos with hd audio. Now i order a DN2820, at this point i can cancel this order and switch to another nuc with more power if needed to have lip sync. Is the sync issue a hardware problem or can it be fix by kodi?
If you can switch to an i3 or i5, that's what I'd do. It appears more like a h/w horsepower issue, w/Celeron, N2820 at least. Why do I say that? I re-tested w/'Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2' 3D again last night, but this time in MKV container (made w/MakeMKV) and good lip sync. Celeron seems to be struggling a bit w/ISO, especially 3D ISO's w/HD audio. I mean the lip sync error is really slight, at least in my set-up, like I said about a 1/2 second delay behind video. When lost in the movie, I often don't notice it, but when I'm looking for it, I do. Not sure yet, but I'm contemplating eBaying off my eBay-acquired Celeron NUC and getting an i3 NUC.

But, I'd encourage @movie78 to do a MKV MVC re-test of any 3D ISO w/HD audio to verify same result. Didn't have much time last night, so mine was a quick, 1-movie test, not an extensive one w/a handful of titles, for longer periods.

RE: Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - DeejayT - 2016-03-28

@hdmkv any Modell of i3 nuc?