Kodi Community Forum
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences (/showthread.php?tid=170791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - teefer22 - 2013-09-26

Honestly I've only had it for a day so far, so I'm not sure if I have the same problem turning the box back on after turning it off. I have an apple tv 2 that runs xbmc and because the apply tv never really turns off, it just goes to "sleep", I never turn it off, I just leave it on with xbmc loaded. So I did the same thing last night with this atv520. I just left it on and turned off the tv and I just went and tested and it hadn't froze up or anything.

I'll try powering it off tonight and see if it's frozen in the morning.

To update by usb, I didn't copy the files to the device, I just did the update from the usb stick. So, if you wanted to change your firmware by usb:
1) download the 2 files to your usb stick and rename them from .zip to .img.
2) put the usb stick in the atv520
3) go to the "Upgrade" app from the apps section. Press "Local Update".
4) Update the SPI file first, then let it reboot and do it's thing.
5) go to the Upgrade app again and press local update.
6) press the menu button on the remote 8 or 10 times (the menu button is the button that looks like 3 horizontal lines).
7) Update the other file and let it reboot and do it's thing.

Hope that helps.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - kneighbour - 2013-09-26

(2013-09-25, 20:51)dieselboy27 Wrote: Just to confirm, the MyGica 520 does not support Linux XBMC?

No

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - kneighbour - 2013-09-26

(2013-09-24, 17:29)Packetcrypt Wrote: I kind of agree about the remote situation. After trying several different remotes I always find myself just using the little black remote that came with the box. After the last update that remote works great for XBMC. I have a DiNovo keyboard/mouse and purchased the Remote/Keyboard that is sold with TLBB and unless I am surfing the web or using an Android App I just think the simple remote that comes with the ATV520 is better for XBMC.
I quite like the supplied remote control. It actually feels pretty good. The only problem is that it does not have a keyboard. I have two of these units, and one of the remotes is already dead (probably used 3 or 4 times). The local supplier had this to say "Those remote controls are notoriously bad. Replacing will not make a difference. Please use a wireless mouse instead as a more efficient control device". Not very encouraging! They have not recommended a replacement as yet, so hopefully they have some ideas.

I have a Mele F10 and find that pretty useless. You need a unit that you can turn the mouse off and the Mele does not allow it. I also use a Harmony 600 and that works very well. I don't like the button feel on the Harmony though - but it does work.

You mention the TLBB remote controller - do you know what brand/model it is? I might give one a go if I can find it on ebay.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - saddie - 2013-09-27

Thanks for all the remote suggestions everyone. I agree with you kneighbour I quite like the little supplied remote but the lack of keyboard sucks and is the main reason I'd want to replace it. I'll steer clear of the mele f10 too now! I might just get a wireless mouse and call it a day!

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Packetcrypt - 2013-09-27

The remote model number is RF05. I ordered it from Alixpress for $19.99 . It is a generic remote with no name that is OEM'd for other companies so you may be able to find it under a bunch of different names.

(2013-09-26, 23:48)kneighbour Wrote:
(2013-09-24, 17:29)Packetcrypt Wrote: I kind of agree about the remote situation. After trying several different remotes I always find myself just using the little black remote that came with the box. After the last update that remote works great for XBMC. I have a DiNovo keyboard/mouse and purchased the Remote/Keyboard that is sold with TLBB and unless I am surfing the web or using an Android App I just think the simple remote that comes with the ATV520 is better for XBMC.
I quite like the supplied remote control. It actually feels pretty good. The only problem is that it does not have a keyboard. I have two of these units, and one of the remotes is already dead (probably used 3 or 4 times). The local supplier had this to say "Those remote controls are notoriously bad. Replacing will not make a difference. Please use a wireless mouse instead as a more efficient control device". Not very encouraging! They have not recommended a replacement as yet, so hopefully they have some ideas.

I have a Mele F10 and find that pretty useless. You need a unit that you can turn the mouse off and the Mele does not allow it. I also use a Harmony 600 and that works very well. I don't like the button feel on the Harmony though - but it does work.

You mention the TLBB remote controller - do you know what brand/model it is? I might give one a go if I can find it on ebay.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - mikrowave - 2013-09-30

Anyone else had problems with some buttons on the supplied remote not working? My power button seems to have died, every other button still seems to work fine tho. Seems like a pretty bad remote on the whole haha.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - c00per17 - 2013-10-04

Just thought I'd chime in about the remotes & Power Standby situation. I'm using the MyGica Motion Remote. Picked it up from Canada Computers when I bought my box and it works great.

Running on the latest firmware I do have issues with the standby mode as well. If left in standby for long periods of time the box will stop responding and have to hard boot it just to get it going again.. Having said that, i never shut off the box now.

(2013-09-24, 19:40)chesterfield Wrote: Thanks, I rebooted the atv520 box a few times and all of a sudden youtube sound is now working. Now I'm having another issue with the box - when I turn it off (via the remote that came with it) and on again a few minutes later, all is fine. But if I turn it off and then a few hours later turn it on again, I just get a blank grey screen. The only way I have found to fix this is to physically unplug the power cord from the box, then plug it in again. I'm using a wired internet connection (turned wifi off) so I don't think it's my internet. Has anyone else had this problem?

One thing I noticed is sometimes the volume on the box will mute itself. If you find the sound stops working, check your volume level on the box.

Running the latest firmware I'm still having the same power issue as you are having. Hopefully its fixed in a future firmware release. For the time being i just leave the box powered on.

(2013-09-24, 19:40)chesterfield Wrote: Thanks, I rebooted the atv520 box a few times and all of a sudden youtube sound is now working. Now I'm having another issue with the box - when I turn it off (via the remote that came with it) and on again a few minutes later, all is fine. But if I turn it off and then a few hours later turn it on again, I just get a blank grey screen. The only way I have found to fix this is to physically unplug the power cord from the box, then plug it in again. I'm using a wired internet connection (turned wifi off) so I don't think it's my internet. Has anyone else had this problem?

One thing I noticed is sometimes the volume on the box will mute itself. If you find the sound stops working, check your volume level on the box.

Running the latest firmware I'm still having the same power issue as you are having. Hopefully its fixed in a future firmware release. For the time being i just leave the box powered on.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - ciquta - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-04, 21:34)c00per17 Wrote: One thing I noticed is sometimes the volume on the box will mute itself. If you find the sound stops working, check your volume level on the box.
same with me

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - gboijhpok - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-07, 12:10)ciquta Wrote:
(2013-10-04, 21:34)c00per17 Wrote: One thing I noticed is sometimes the volume on the box will mute itself. If you find the sound stops working, check your volume level on the box.
same with me

What is your firmware version? And how this problem happened?

Used below latest Mygica ATV520 firmware, did not found problem.

latest ATV520 firmware, there are two files inside it.
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/vTLp2OtmvrF%2FMVTxnqZQ8A

update_spi_mx_20130805.img
update_MYGICA_ATV520E_20130920.img

Copy them into mirco SD card or USB disk, connect to the box and run Upgrade app, select Local update option, find SPI file to update first, then firmware.
If not files found under local update, press menu button on remote control for 8 times continued, it will search all files.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Packetcrypt - 2013-10-09

Can you guys get the XBMC Remote App for IOS devices to work with this update? Was working fine before but with the update the App will not find the correct XBMC server. It picks up my Apple Tv and Pivos fine.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - ciquta - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-09, 08:51)gboijhpok Wrote:
same with me

Copy them into mirco SD card or USB disk, connect to the box and run Upgrade app, select Local update option, find SPI file to update first, then firmware.
If not files found under local update, press menu button on remote control for 8 times continued, it will search all files.
I am running the 20130805 version since the day it was released and that happened quite often.

I guess it happens sometimes when you go back to the android home leaving xbmc in background (but not every time).

Not a big deal anyway

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Packetcrypt - 2013-10-09

I installed just the : update_MYGICA_ATV520E_20130920.img and everything appears fine. I really like the Mygica launcher over the Android generic. Still no luck getting the XBMC Remote App to work Sad

same with me

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - gboijhpok - 2013-10-10

[quote='Packetcrypt' pid='1524482' dateline='1381347696']
I installed just the : update_MYGICA_ATV520E_20130920.img and everything appears fine. I really like the Mygica launcher over the Android generic. Still no luck getting the XBMC Remote App to work Sad

---did you set: Description、Host、port、Username and Password first? I download official XBMC Remote App, it works.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Inigo Miguel - 2013-10-13

(2013-10-09, 21:41)Packetcrypt Wrote: I installed just the : update_MYGICA_ATV520E_20130920.img and everything appears fine. I really like the Mygica launcher over the Android generic. Still no luck getting the XBMC Remote App to work Sad

(2013-10-07, 12:10)ciquta Wrote: same with me

XBMC remote app couldn't detect the atv520 automatically. I got my iphone xbmc app working by manually adding the android box network details on the app. -- xbmc name, IP adress, PW etc.

RE: - ciquta - 2013-10-13

I am using a Rii mini i10 remote, worked out of the box.

The only thing that is really annoying is the fact you still need the standard remote in order to turn it on.

Would be nice to have a proper qwerty remote with the capability to switch the unit on/off.