Kodi Community Forum
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Arctic: Zephyr 2 (/showthread.php?tid=359976)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Edworld - 2019-03-23

(2019-03-21, 00:12)Edworld Wrote: Unable to display extrafanart, it does work with Aura
 Any idea on why I can't get extrafanart to display? I don't have AB installed

Thanks

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-03-23

(2019-03-23, 02:16)Weavus Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 01:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: See response in this post (point 9)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339791&pid=2837285#pid2837285

Personally, I think having widgets cutoff at the edge of the screen is not actually a bad thing, it shows the users there is more content available in a more intuitive way than arrow indicators. I get what you mean about the notification area though.. Perhaps a small fade into the margin could preserve the look of the skin and solve the issue?

Would it not be possible to make some widgets half height so two rows would be the same as one current row to avoid the issue entirely if you don't agree with the above? If you look at my screenshot it looks like there is enough room for that.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there isn't any easy way to have a whole container fade into the background. Even if I could apply a fade, if you had two widgets at normal height, then the bottom one would be faded.

The issue with half height widgets is also related to the way that kodi handles scrolling between containers in a grouplist. Kodi will only scroll to make enough room for the focused container.
So say you had this setup
half widget
half widget
full widget
full widget

If you scroll to the bottom, when you scroll back up to the second half widget, the layout would look like:
half widget
full widget
full widget (with the bottom half cut-off).

The options for skinners to control scrolling are pretty limited. I had some tricks in aura to control the positioning of widgets on screen, but unfortunately these break mouse support.

The only options possible really are:
1. Have a half sized widget, but have a gap so that it behaves as if it was full height (e.g. like in the submenu hub)
2. Have a double row widget of half height items so that the actual widget would still take up the same space as a full height widget.

(2019-03-23, 02:37)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-03-21, 00:12)Edworld Wrote: Unable to display extrafanart, it does work with Aura

Thanks

Because I forgot to add it. Only had support for AB with Artwork Helper.
Can you try v9.15-a3 and see if it works now?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr.2/archive/skin.arctic.zephyr.2-v0.9.15-alpha3.zip

(2019-03-23, 02:33)dargnine Wrote: Hey burial just another question:

What is the option "submenu hub widget" of the main menu icons?

I've tried it out but nothing happens.
In the submenus the hub widgets are working perfect, but I don't understand how to us this option for main menu items.

thx

It sets the default fallback widget for the hub. If a submenu item doesn't have an individual widget set, then the hub will use whatever widget you set for the mainmenu item.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Weavus - 2019-03-23

(2019-03-23, 02:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 02:16)Weavus Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 01:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: See response in this post (point 9)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339791&pid=2837285#pid2837285

Personally, I think having widgets cutoff at the edge of the screen is not actually a bad thing, it shows the users there is more content available in a more intuitive way than arrow indicators. I get what you mean about the notification area though.. Perhaps a small fade into the margin could preserve the look of the skin and solve the issue?

Would it not be possible to make some widgets half height so two rows would be the same as one current row to avoid the issue entirely if you don't agree with the above? If you look at my screenshot it looks like there is enough room for that.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there isn't any easy way to have a whole container fade into the background. Even if I could apply a fade, if you had two widgets at normal height, then the bottom one would be faded.

The issue with half height widgets is also related to the way that kodi handles scrolling between containers in a grouplist. Kodi will only scroll to make enough room for the focused container.
So say you had this setup
half widget
half widget
full widget
full widget

If you scroll to the bottom, when you scroll back up to the second half widget, the layout would look like:
half widget
full widget
full widget (with the bottom half cut-off).

The options for skinners to control scrolling are pretty limited. I had some tricks in aura to control the positioning of widgets on screen, but unfortunately these break mouse support.

The only options possible really are:
1. Have a half sized widget, but have a gap so that it behaves as if it was full height (e.g. like in the submenu hub)
2. Have a double row widget of half height items so that the actual widget would still take up the same space as a full height widget.

Right, thanks so much for the Kodi limitations and skinning insight. #1 seems a bit of a waste of your effort, #2 would be good for some use cases but I'd also really like the option of having a #3 and just have cutoff widgets as I think the screenshot you posted didn't look bad at all! (But maybe I need to see it myself in action for my use case, would it be a lot of effort?)

Thanks!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - NeroBoron - 2019-03-23

(2019-03-23, 01:45)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-22, 12:51)NeroBoron Wrote: Hey,
1.) Within the Information screen video information and sound information can get cutted as seen in in this screenshot:
2.) The information screen is fantastic and i love the similar movies section. Would like to see a second similar movies row, but instead of local similar movies i would like to see a suggestion of similar movies that isn't in my library Smile
3.) Imo in the top row the caps text should not be shown when not within a widget. It only displays the current selection which is visible when i don't have any widget or when I'm in the home menu. It only becomes neccessary when I'm currently in the widget selection, becuase then the menu isn't visible anymore.
3.) Not even sure about the "Home" text on the left as well. Would be more minimalistic without it^^
4.) How about configurable corners (except top left)? Currently the position of clock, now playing and codecs are fixed and assigned to one corner. I would like to assign those to different ones and also have more different options like rss feed or item count. So the user can assign to the corner what he wants to see there.
5) I love the white icons that come with your skin, I also tried to use them within library node editor. Unfortunately they are to small and get ugly by upscaling. Could you provide larger ones or svgs (if kodi can handle them)?
As mentioned before and already on your todo:
6) Icons on Homescreen Big Grin
7) Arrow Hints Wink
8) Visual support for the possible TimeShifting in PVR would be great Smile
9) An option for different widget sizes would be nice, so that we can get more rows within the vertical menu like with kodis default skin. For examples those big picutres are not needed for a nodes widget. Imo kodis default skin does a great job there

1. Yeah, not quite sure what to do about that. As you've probably noticed, the codec info only shows on that line if you've disabled the codec info in the bottom right. To free up space when the bottom right codecs are disabled, I might need to move the studio name down into the section where the genre info is.
2. I don't know of any addons that supply such functionality. SkinHelper widgets (which is what I use for the similar movies section) only shows items in the library.
3&4. Yeah I agree. Going to hide the header stuff unless widget is selected.
5. I wish that Kodi supported svg but it doesn't. All my icons come from https://iconmonstr.com/ - you can get different sizes there.
8. Yeah, this might be a while off seeing as I don't have a working pvr to test with.
9. The problem with different sized widgets is that the widgets will then be cut off half way down the screen (see screenshot below). Unlike Aura or Estuary, AZ2 has content shown in the bottom section of the screen, so there needs to be padding from the edge to prevent overlaps. Even if I disabled stuff like codecs on the home screen, having a setup like Estuary or Aura will break mouse support (which I'm making an effort to support in this skin). The only other option is to have a similarly size widget like in the submenu hub and then have an enforced gap between it and the next item - so that it effectively takes up the same space as other widgets, but just leaves blank space.

At all it feels already really good Smile

1) also have no clue how to rearrange it better, sorry :S
2) sad to hear, would have been a really neat addition
5) thank you! Will check it out Smile
9) maybe just multiplicative sizes like the smallest being like 50px the size one bigger is 2*50px + the padding between those both ... and so on.
Yeah the cut off isn't that nice and different paddings are also not really beautiful. Maybe a soft transparency transition? I just found those large icons for nodes really unpleasant. But to be honest I never used widgets till upgrading to Kodi 18 and using the default skin for a while. Just tried to build something similar, but I'm also fine without widgets Wink

(2019-03-23, 02:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 02:37)Edworld Wrote:

Thanks 

Because I forgot to add it. Only had support for AB with Artwork Helper.
Can you try v9.15-a3 and see if it works now?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr.2/archive/skin.arctic.zephyr.2-v0.9.15-alpha3.zip 
thanks, it works.

Another thing I just noticed that could be a design change:

The white weather icon to the left of temperature is gone

(2019-03-23, 03:27)Edworld Wrote: Another thing I just noticed that could be a design change:

Near the clock? It's working for me with OzWeather.

Maybe the weather icon pack doesn't have an icon for your current conditions code or your weather addon is not reporting the condition code correctly.

Also, check that you have "Weather Icons - White" installed (can check in Weather > Top Menu > Icons )

(2019-03-23, 04:23)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 03:27)Edworld Wrote: Another thing I just noticed that could be a design change:

Maybe the weather icon pack doesn't have an icon for your current conditions code or your weather addon is not reporting the condition code correctly.

Also, check that you have "Weather Icons - White" installed (can check in Weather > Top Menu > Icons ) 
 white addon didnt install, it is working now

(2019-03-23, 04:25)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 04:23)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Ah - I don't have it listed as a dependency. Should be fixed now.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Aenima99x - 2019-03-23

Skin is looking great so far......I want to switch but really like Logo's/ClearArt in the Poster views as that's the only view I use. They look nice in landscape and was hoping you might add them like they are in AZ1?

(2019-03-23, 04:28)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 04:25)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 04:23)jurialmunkey Wrote: Near the clock? It's working for me with OzWeather.

Ah - I don't have it listed as a dependency. Should be fixed now. 
Where is the dependency file located? would like to remove youtube dependency.

On a separate note, when in dialogvideoinfo you select trailer button it doesn't prompt you to install youtube addon.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - colbert - 2019-03-23

Just don't know how you do it, it's magic! I used Zephyr for ages, now you have taken the best theme and made it better. Thank you for this, that is all Smile Smile

(2019-03-23, 05:02)colbert Wrote: Just don't know how you do it, it's magic! I used Zephyr for ages, now you have taken the best theme and made it better. Thank you for this, that is all Smile Smile
+1