Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - henricos - 2013-09-03

Hi,

I have a suggestion....

Maybe ME could check if posters and fanarts are in the correct aspect ration (like 1000x1500 = 0,6666 for posters, 1920x1080 = 1,7777 for fanarts) and if not, some kind of mark is shown over/near the image.

Media status icons could also be yellow (or any other collor) when the user have a local file with wrong aspect.

And finally, the "correct" aspect ratio of each kind of image should be editable in preferences, so users can have some flexibility.

Well… just an idea…

Henrico

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - solamnic - 2013-09-05

Has anyone noticed that komet has not replied this topic for a long time ?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - rjalex - 2013-09-05

Hope this is not a FAQ ...

I tried using ME to put some order to my library which has grown in anarchy in the past years :-(

It does almost perfectly what I want but:

a) if I flag Sep.Folders in the Settings->Global dialog, it will work perfectly on each and any movie contained in a separate folder, but will bundle all movies outside folders into a useless * Movies entry.

b) If I do not flag the Sep. Folders, it will correctly show all single file movies but if I ask it to enrich them with fanart etc. it will NOT create a separate folder for all of the movie and related files moving them there.

B is exaclty how I'd like to end up, e.g. one folder for each movie and within it all files, the movie and any other accompaining media.

So is there a way to move any "orphan" movie file into it's own directory even when not using the sep.folders flag ?

Also a side question: some of my file or directory names have periods in them instead of spaces between each word. Could the search function just ignore them ?

Doing this on Linux (Ubuntu 12.10). Any ideas on how to quickly get all movie files in my directory and move them to a likewise named directory ?

Thanks so much for this excellent piece of software

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-05, 06:20)solamnic Wrote: Has anyone noticed that komet has not replied this topic for a long time ?

Probably busy with his daytime job Wink This project is done in his spare time after all.

You can always keep track of his activity on his website Tongue

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - rjalex - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-05, 16:14)rjalex Wrote: Doing this on Linux (Ubuntu 12.10). Any ideas on how to quickly get all movie files in my directory and move them to a likewise named directory ?

Thanks so much for this excellent piece of software

To reply to my own question with a big help from Unix.com forum:

#!/bin/ksh
for i in *.flc *.mkv *.avi *.mpg
do if [ ! -f "$i" ] # Verify that we have a regular file...
then continue # if not; skip to next file.
fi
dir=${i%.*} # Strip off the final filename extension.
if [ ! -d "$dir" ] # If the target directory is not present...
then mkdir "$dir" # create it.
fi
mv "$i" "$dir" # Move the file into the appropriate directory.
done

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - woodyburns - 2013-09-08

I'm trying to compile from source and I keep encountering an error. The file StreamDetails.cpp is trying to include the file /MediaInfo/MediaInfo.h but it is not included with the source files. Anybody have a solution?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - rjalex - 2013-09-10

Hi there. Mediaelch on a Mac. When I select multiple files, any action such as save, search or rename, gets performed only on the single last file of the selection. Any ideas ? Thank in advance.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - AiWaBR - 2013-09-13

Komet, You can add the scrappers for adult movies ? thank you

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - rjalex - 2013-09-13

(2013-09-13, 03:38)AiWaBR Wrote: Komet, You can add the scrappers for adult movies ? thank you

Scrapping them is a decent idea. ;-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - shaktoo - 2013-09-14

started using ME. Its very good but maybe someone who has been using it could guide me whether ( How ) it could be used in command line for Both Movies & TV shows like Ember.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - RockDawg - 2013-09-14

In my experience, Ember won't scrape TV Shows from the command line. Movies, yes, but not TV episodes. Just an FYI.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - scphantm - 2013-09-15

I'm trying to build. I brought down the git repo, I installed qt creator, I installed the libraries you mentioned including libphonon-dev. When I try to build I get an error

Unknown module in qt: phonon script

Also I get a warning saying qtmacextras.pri can't be found. I'm trying to build on Ubuntu for the moment. I don't see a make file so I'm assuming this is how it's to be done

Thanks

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - shaktoo - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-14, 23:41)RockDawg Wrote: In my experience, Ember won't scrape TV Shows from the command line. Movies, yes, but not TV episodes. Just an FYI.
Thanks for correcting that RockDawg: I know ember dosent do Tv shows from commandline and as I had posted on the ember forums the most recent ones didnt do the commandline functionality even .
I was Lost with the r13 and had to reinstall & reconfigure ember all over to get my current setup back.
Just checking if MediaElch could do commandline scraping as well .So far it is actually very good I have to say.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Linusorg - 2013-09-17

Hi Komet
i got a small problem with the advance settings, but looks like i am doing something wrong or we have a small bug in relation to the "&" sign.
all Genres got replaced as defined, but genres that should be substituted with a genre that contains a & will not be replaced ( my advanced setting at the end of this post.
in addition to this it would be nice if we could also have a way to delete a genre. F.E. i dont like the "Foreign" genre and like to get rid of it automaticly.
Advanced settings:
<advancedsettings>
<log>
<debug>false</debug>
<file></file>
</log>
<certifications>
<map from="G" to="FSK 12" />
<map from="PG-13" to="FSK 16" />
<map from="PG" to="FSK 12" />
<map from="R" to="FSK 18" />
<map from="0" to="FSK 0" />
<map from="6" to="FSK 06" />
<map from="12" to="FSK 12" />
<map from="16" to="FSK 16" />
<map from="18" to="FSK 18" />
<map from="PG-13" to="FSK 12" />
</certifications>
<genres>
<map from="SciFi" to="Science Fiction" />
<map from="Science-Fiction" to="Science Fiction" />
<map from="Abenteuer" to="Adventure" />
<map from="Familie" to="Kids" />
<map from="Historie" to="History" />
<map from="Komödie" to="Comedy" />
<map from="Lovestory" to="Romance" />
<map from="Musik" to="Music" />
<map from="Lovestory" to="Romance" />
<map from="Kriegsfilm" to="War" />
<map from="Krimi" to="Thriller & Crime" />
<map from="Suspense" to="Thriller & Crime" />
<map from="Thriller" to="Thriller & Crime" />
</genres>
</advancedsettings>

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - TheImmortal - 2013-09-17

I just downloaded the latest version of MediaElch and even though the change log states that DVD wrong order has been fixed, I am still unable to get it to work correctly with Firefly. Any suggestions?