Kodi Community Forum
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV (/showthread.php?tid=229348)

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - stefan1983 - 2016-11-14

Hmm..., unfortunately the videos are not running as smooth as with KODI, so ....

I probably stick with KODI and without AC3 for the time beeing

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Koying - 2016-11-14

You have to disable "plain" mediacodec on spmc on Sony for best result.

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - stefan1983 - 2016-11-15

(2016-11-14, 04:22)Koying Wrote: You have to disable "plain" mediacodec on spmc on Sony for best result.

Thanks Koying, now videos run smoothly in SPMC!

I understand that the AC3 issues appear in KODI 17 because they changed SPDIF passthrough to work in RAW mode only.
In SPMC I can select IETC as SPDIF passthrough mode where all works nice. So why don't they make it available for KODI 17 also?

@Koying

When will SPMC get the KODI 17 upgrade with new skin design etc.?

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Koying - 2016-11-15

(2016-11-15, 03:15)stefan1983 Wrote: When will SPMC get the KODI 17 upgrade with new skin design etc.?

Stay tuned to https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues Wink

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - CiNcH - 2016-11-15

Hopefully Fast Forward/Rewind will work better there as it does with current Krypton Wink .

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - wrxtasy - 2016-11-15

(2016-11-15, 03:15)stefan1983 Wrote: When will SPMC get the KODI 17 upgrade with new skin design etc.?
I'm currently playing around with the modded Kodi 17 Estuary Skin for Kodi Jarvis, it can also be used with SPMC:

From Kodi Settings > Addons > Install from .zip

Estuary Skin(Krypton) for Kodi Jarvis

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - stefan1983 - 2016-11-16

(2016-11-15, 10:53)wrxtasy Wrote:
I'm currently playing around with the modded Kodi 17 Estuary Skin for Kodi Jarvis, it can also be used with SPMC:

From Kodi Settings > Addons > Install from .zip

Estuary Skin(Krypton) for Kodi Jarvis

Thanks

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - VirTERM - 2016-11-20

(2016-11-14, 04:22)Koying Wrote: You have to disable "plain" mediacodec on spmc on Sony for best result.
And how about the rest of the config? Should it be like:

enable HQ scalers = never Huh
allow hardware acceleration - Mediacodec (Surface) = on
allow hardware acceleration - Mediacodec = off
accelerate MPEG2 = always Huh
accelerate MPEG4 = always Huh
accelerate h264 = always Huh

Thanks

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - fishwhale - 2016-11-24

Good day!
Sorry for my bad English and poor knowledge of programming.
I have Sony Bravia KDL-50w808c Android TV 5... (Sony TV 2015).
- I proceed from the assumption that the built-in original Sony- TV player is well-balanced for playback of FULL HD movies from external libraries (USB, HDD, or on the server);
- But I do not like the work of Sony Media Center.
I think about the possibility of combining Kodi with Sony TV-player.
- I guess that one can create a rule in Kodi’s configurator file for playing movies with the Sony TV player;
- I do not know the path to Sony player “.exe” file in Android OS to put the task for Kodi;
(I’m still not sure that if we even solve this problem and re-write the configurator file, Sony wouldn’t block Kodi access to Sony player. Then it’s over.)
If the combination as above works, then the second question is:
- Sony TV 2015 can not work with .ISO files and Blu-ray Folder (similar to the BD-remux folders with the structure of Blu-ray);
- is it possible to make the following rule in Kodi configurator file:
1. Sony-compatible file formats to be played with Sony TV-player;
2. .ISO, BD ... – played with Kodi original player?
Thanks!

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Tatts4Life - 2016-11-24

(2016-10-24, 14:14)Koying Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 14:12)kixxoff Wrote: TV simply does not pass DTS-MA through via ARC to the AVR

Nope. Never has, never will. ARC just don't support it.

If it doesn't already will it ever passthrough with an optical cable on the newer models? I've been eyeing an 800D series tv. I love the all in one idea of the android tv. But if it's never gonna passthrough DTS-MA or Dolby Atmos then I guess I could load Kodi onto my gaming PC again.

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - CiNcH - 2016-11-24

HDMI-ARC and S/PDIF (coax and optical) suffer from the same limitations. You can only bitstream PCM 2.0, AC3 and DTS over them. No EAC3 (decoders however can convert it to AC3), no HD audio, no more than 2 uncompressed channels.

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - kpna69 - 2016-11-25

Hi everyone I am new here.
I am wondering if there is a good web browser that works with Kodi either on my Sony Bravia or my Fire stick. I am trying to find a internet browser to watch my son play junior hockey away from home. The site we watch him on is hockeytv.com. It would be nice to be able to find something that would work flawlessly as when we screen mirror from our phone to the tv it sometimes drops it or freezes up. Any ideas?

Thanks

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - herrde - 2016-11-28

OK, played around with this over the weekend. Result: on my X8505c, passthrough via optical output works flawlessly when streaming DD5.1 using SPMC 16.4.2 (AFAIK still the latest official version). No proper DTS passthrough though (still the "PCM-instead-of-proper-DTS-problem"), as opposed to the native Video App where DTS passthrough works (but which has a lot of other disadvantages). So one has to convert the audio track to DD5.1 prior to watching if dealing with DTS audio - which can be done very fast by using a tool like e.g. Xmedia Recode.

On a side note: my Sony was and is set to "Auto 1" in the TV audio out options, no need to change this setting.

I really hope that DTS passthrough via optical output will work in a future SPMC version. For me, SPMC would be perfect then.

BTW, posted the same as here into the comments on SPMC GitHub.

Thanks

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - stefan1983 - 2016-11-28

(2016-11-28, 12:13)herrde Wrote: OK, played around with this over the weekend. Result: on my X8505c, passthrough via optical output works flawlessly when streaming DD5.1 using SPMC 16.4.2 (AFAIK still the latest official version). No proper DTS passthrough though (still the "PCM-instead-of-proper-DTS-problem"), as opposed to the native Video App where DTS passthrough works (but which has a lot of other disadvantages). So one has to convert the audio track to DD5.1 prior to watching if dealing with DTS audio - which can be done very fast by using a tool like e.g. Xmedia Recode.

On a side note: my Sony was and is set to "Auto 1" in the TV audio out options, no need to change this setting.

I really hope that DTS passthrough via optical output will work in a future SPMC version. For me, SPMC would be perfect then.

BTW, posted the same as here into the comments on SPMC GitHub.

Thanks

Why don't you use the AC3 live recode feature?
I am using it myself and it is working fine.

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - herrde - 2016-11-28

How do I enable this? Simply by unchecking the "Receiver is capable of DTS playback" option?