Kodi Community Forum
Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton (/showthread.php?tid=246430)

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 02/03/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - Guilouz - 2016-03-04

(2016-03-04, 17:13)jdig4240 Wrote: Hello, please take a look at this video of the .gif images working on the home menu buttons on a windows 10 laptop..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW1R8aF1t5k

Now any idea why the dont work on an android device like a firestick? What is differentHuh I thought Kodi was the media player, not the pc, so why wont it work on android? Please any ideas?? I dont think its a skin issue, just need some help, thanks!
Looks like on android:
http://jed.one/Backgrounds/20160304_085642.jpg

I think Kodi doesn't support gif on android.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 02/03/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - jdig4240 - 2016-03-04

(2016-03-04, 18:17)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 17:13)jdig4240 Wrote: Hello, please take a look at this video of the .gif images working on the home menu buttons on a windows 10 laptop..

Now any idea why the dont work on an android device like a firestick? What is differentHuh I thought Kodi was the media player, not the pc, so why wont it work on android? Please any ideas?? I dont think its a skin issue, just need some help, thanks!
Looks like on android:

Dam, too bad, thanks!

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 02/03/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - sviet2k - 2016-03-04

Hi Guilouz,

I have two questions:

1) When I click option to download subtitle, there is no message in the sub service screen. Ex: if there is no subtitles found, there is no message "No subtitles found" or "searching for subtitles'. Then it's hard to know if the service is on going or there is no subtitles found. Can you please help me how to "turn on" these messages?

2) I wrote an an addon to stream videos from web. When I click pause to display the Movie Info (.i.e display Movie title, plot and poster), the title and plot are displayed correctly but the poster is the default poster. But if I switch to confluence skin, the poster is displayed correctly.
In my addon, I use xbmc.listitem.setArt({'thumb': poster}) to set the poster. Can you please tell me in your skin, which item attribute you use to display the poster then I can adapt it into my addon?

Thanks in advance for your help,
sviet

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 02/03/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - jdig4240 - 2016-03-04

(2016-03-04, 18:17)Guilouz Wrote:

Looks like on android:

If I add this code to advanced setting I can get .gif files to play in file manager, but still wont work in the icons, oh well...
<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add>.gif</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 02/03/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - Blurayx - 2016-03-04

(2016-03-04, 13:27)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 05:44)Blurayx Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 05:28)Scott00007 Wrote: Sorry that wasn't clear. I just meant the widget list wrapping around. If there is only one unwatched episode for the unwatched episode widget that episode is repeated over and over.....I just think it makes more sense for it to only show up once.

Hope I am being clear.

Thanks.
I think it's a great idea. Smile

@ Guilouz,
Can you please add a wraparound icon start/end for My TV Shows Airing Today widget. Because when there are 7 or more shows airing it can become a bit confusing.

As you pointed out a few threads back the total number of tv shows airing today can not be added to the widget. Alternatively would it be possible to add, for example : 1/5, 2/5, 3/5 to indicate the total tv shows airing today.

Thanks

I will see

Looking forward to see what you come up with Smile

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 02/03/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - Discomanhenk - 2016-03-04

@Guilouz
does not give the desired result.
It remains strange in Aeonmadnox does my cdart though.

(2016-03-04, 18:33)sviet2k Wrote: Hi Guilouz,

I have two questions:

1) When I click option to download subtitle, there is no message in the sub service screen. Ex: if there is no subtitles found, there is no message "No subtitles found" or "searching for subtitles'. Then it's hard to know if the service is on going or there is no subtitles found. Can you please help me how to "turn on" these messages?

2) I wrote an an addon to stream videos from web. When I click pause to display the Movie Info (.i.e display Movie title, plot and poster), the title and plot are displayed correctly but the poster is the default poster. But if I switch to confluence skin, the poster is displayed correctly.
In my addon, I use xbmc.listitem.setArt({'thumb': poster}) to set the poster. Can you please tell me in your skin, which item attribute you use to display the poster then I can adapt it into my addon?

Thanks in advance for your help,
sviet

It use Player.Art(poster) and Player.Art(tvshow.poster)

(2016-03-04, 18:58)Discomanhenk Wrote: @Guilouz
does not give the desired result.
It remains strange in Aeonmadnox does my cdart though.

Don't understand.

(2016-03-04, 05:28)Scott00007 Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 04:05)Guilouz Wrote: What do you mean about widget wrap ?

Sorry that wasn't clear. I just meant the widget list wrapping around. If there is only one unwatched episode for the unwatched episode widget that episode is repeated over and over.....I just think it makes more sense for it to only show up once.

Hope I am being clear.

Thanks.

I have tested many things, no success sorry.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 02/03/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - Discomanhenk - 2016-03-04

@ guilouz
the files are arranged in artist-cd-number in each folder, the file cdart.png in aeonmadnox is the cdart neatly shown. I have all the music files on a synology NAS.
I don't understand why cdart.png in this skin does not work.
PS I have manually renamed the cdart of Adele 19.png 21.png and 25.png and the are still not shown.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 02/03/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - rudrood - 2016-03-04

(2016-03-03, 23:37)ricardosunnie Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 14:50)rudrood Wrote: Hello Guilouz,

Can you please think with me on this one:

I use your skin with a PVR client. When watching TV I like to check for the plot info.
One place to check the plot is via the info screen with plot enabled, but I run into the next problem:
The epg plot info can be up to 6 lines long, and when I press " info" the plot doesn't start automaticly with the first line (it looks like Kodi is scrolling the plot in the background even if it's not used).
So it can happen the when I press info, the first line of the plot is scrolled of the screen to start with. Then I have to wait for the next five lines (and the delay between the start of the scroll again) to read the plot from the start. This can take up a long time to wait.

Questions:

Is it possible to create an extra option in the skinsettings to have a larger onscreen info box to show the complete plot info (tested: max 6 lines of text for movies and EPG) for those who want to see the complete plot at once?

or:

Is it possible to create an extra option to have fullscreen plot info when pressing info, like with movie info?

Any other ideas from you will of cause also be welcome to make this work better, and make the PVR experience complete.

Thanks in advance.

would like this too.
when not possible can you point me to the file to edit for the osd info?

(2016-03-04, 01:29)Guilouz Wrote: I don't use PVR so it's difficult to working on it.

Please post screenshot to see what you mean.

Hello Guilouz,

Managed to makesome screenshots of what I mean.

When watching PVR you want to show the channel epg to see what the broadcast is about.

The way to do it is enable info on the info screen in skinsettings.
And then when watching a channel pressing the info button(the same idea as watching a movie and press info).

Problem is that when there are more then 3 lines of plot info Kodi keeps scrolling the plot info, even when its not on screen.
So what can happen is that when you first press info, the first line(s) are scrolled off the info screen to start with, so you can't start reading the plot from start (see screenshot 1).
I've measured the time and it can take up to 38 seconds max before the first line reappears on the screen again and you can start reading.

I have now counted for the max. number of plot lines of epg info in this skin and its 7 max. instead of the earlier mentioned 6.

Question to you is: can you add an option to the skin settings to choose between the standard or an extended plot info screen that shows all max nummer of plot lines without scrolling.
I've measured it in photoshop (on full hd screenshot) and that means for the extended info version enlarging the bottom part of the info screen with 150 pixels.
One would end up on what is shown in screenshot 2.

screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/Az0vc

Hope it's clearer now, and you are willing to take a look at what's possible.

Thanks.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 02/03/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - Guilouz - 2016-03-05

(2016-03-04, 23:36)rudrood Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 23:37)ricardosunnie Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 14:50)rudrood Wrote: Hello Guilouz,

Can you please think with me on this one:

I use your skin with a PVR client. When watching TV I like to check for the plot info.
One place to check the plot is via the info screen with plot enabled, but I run into the next problem:
The epg plot info can be up to 6 lines long, and when I press " info" the plot doesn't start automaticly with the first line (it looks like Kodi is scrolling the plot in the background even if it's not used).
So it can happen the when I press info, the first line of the plot is scrolled of the screen to start with. Then I have to wait for the next five lines (and the delay between the start of the scroll again) to read the plot from the start. This can take up a long time to wait.

Questions:

Is it possible to create an extra option in the skinsettings to have a larger onscreen info box to show the complete plot info (tested: max 6 lines of text for movies and EPG) for those who want to see the complete plot at once?

or:

Is it possible to create an extra option to have fullscreen plot info when pressing info, like with movie info?

Any other ideas from you will of cause also be welcome to make this work better, and make the PVR experience complete.

Thanks in advance.

would like this too.
when not possible can you point me to the file to edit for the osd info?

(2016-03-04, 01:29)Guilouz Wrote: I don't use PVR so it's difficult to working on it.

Please post screenshot to see what you mean.

Hello Guilouz,

Managed to makesome screenshots of what I mean.

When watching PVR you want to show the channel epg to see what the broadcast is about.

The way to do it is enable info on the info screen in skinsettings.
And then when watching a channel pressing the info button(the same idea as watching a movie and press info).

Problem is that when there are more then 3 lines of plot info Kodi keeps scrolling the plot info, even when its not on screen.
So what can happen is that when you first press info, the first line(s) are scrolled off the info screen to start with, so you can't start reading the plot from start (see screenshot 1).
I've measured the time and it can take up to 38 seconds max before the first line reappears on the screen again and you can start reading.

I have now counted for the max. number of plot lines of epg info in this skin and its 7 max. instead of the earlier mentioned 6.

Question to you is: can you add an option to the skin settings to choose between the standard or an extended plot info screen that shows all max nummer of plot lines without scrolling.
I've measured it in photoshop (on full hd screenshot) and that means for the extended info version enlarging the bottom part of the info screen with 150 pixels.
One would end up on what is shown in screenshot 2.

screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/Az0vc

Hope it's clearer now, and you are willing to take a look at what's possible.

Thanks.

Info is very too big like that. I have not problem with scroll plot, when I press info, plot start at the first lines and sroll slowly. I don't want to change OSD.

(2016-03-04, 22:34)Discomanhenk Wrote: @ guilouz
the files are arranged in artist-cd-number in each folder, the file cdart.png in aeonmadnox is the cdart neatly shown. I have all the music files on a synology NAS.
I don't understand why cdart.png in this skin does not work.
PS I have manually renamed the cdart of Adele 19.png 21.png and 25.png and the are still not shown.

If you respect architecture folders like in first page, it's working.

I have choose this because cdartmanager working like that.

(2016-03-04, 18:55)Blurayx Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 13:27)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 05:44)Blurayx Wrote: I think it's a great idea. Smile

@ Guilouz,
Can you please add a wraparound icon start/end for My TV Shows Airing Today widget. Because when there are 7 or more shows airing it can become a bit confusing.

As you pointed out a few threads back the total number of tv shows airing today can not be added to the widget. Alternatively would it be possible to add, for example : 1/5, 2/5, 3/5 to indicate the total tv shows airing today.

Thanks

I will see

For the second point, I already told you that it's not possible because this info will be show on all widgets and no just on aired today.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (UPDATED 02/03/16) - Jarvis & Krypton - Blurayx - 2016-03-05

(2016-03-05, 01:40)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 18:55)Blurayx Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 13:27)Guilouz Wrote: I will see

For the second point, I already told you that it's not possible because this info will be show on all widgets and no just on aired today.

You just said "Not possible. Sorry"

Now I understand why it can not be done Smile

(2016-02-23, 05:24)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 03:59)Blurayx Wrote: Hi Guilouz,

Can you please add total Shows Airing today, for My TV shows airing today?

Image Image

Thank you

Not possible. Sorry.