Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-05

still getting same error. i even tried installing the dependencies to see if it would fix it, but no luck Sad

- gugahoi - 2012-01-05

N3MIS15 Wrote:still getting same error. i even tried installing the dependencies to see if it would fix it, but no luck Sad

That's weird. From your reply on Mar2zz's pull request, you got his mod up and running with no problem. All I did was merge his pull request so I see no reason why it works then but not now.

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-05

tested on my actual server and it works.. sorry about that. no idea why the virtual machine was throwing errors. i will test out all the modules added

EDIT: Almost everything works as expected, only thing i did notice was the text on minimal recently added is a bit smaller than the media library.

Also, was there a minimal version of the sickbeard module? thought i read something about that

- gugahoi - 2012-01-05

N3MIS15 Wrote:tested on my actual server and it works.. sorry about that. no idea why the virtual machine was throwing errors. i will test out all the modules added

EDIT: Almost everything works as expected, only thing i did notice was the text on minimal recently added is a bit smaller than the media library.

Also, was there a minimal version of the sickbeard module? thought i read something about that

I just tested on two other machines and both worked. Happy to hear it works for you too.

I can have a look at the text but it should be the same font that was in the module before.

SB compact view is already on master (therefore on experimental too). Have a look at you SB config options.

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-05

lol, found it. Cant believe i missed it Laugh

- dannycorker - 2012-01-05

N3MIS15 Wrote:You need to add maraschino at the bottom of your go script (located at /boot/config/)

This is what i have in mine.
Code:
python /mnt/cache/.custom/maraschino/maraschino.py | at now +1 minute

And Just FYI this is how i get disk space for flash drive, disk array and cache drive.

Thank you, will do a reboot now to test if it worked - last question (I hope!) - do I need to manually shut down Maraschino before a system power down, in the same way as SAB, SB and CP?

- Mar2zz - 2012-01-05

No need for manual shutdown, maraschino can only be killed. It doesn't shutdown gracefully as sickbeard and couchpotato do (which can take a second or two). If you use the init.d it uses the startstop daemon to stop maraschino instantly.

The maraschino-database uses only static info (i believe) so it doesn't really matter. Sickbeard and Couchpotato subprocesses can be writing to the database @ all times so they nead to finish that before shutdown or else corruption may occur.

- dannycorker - 2012-01-05

Mar2zz Wrote:No need for manual shutdown, maraschino can only be killed. It doesn't shutdown gracefully as sickbeard and couchpotato do (which can take a second or two). If you use the init.d it uses the startstop daemon to stop maraschino instantly.

The maraschino-database uses only static info (i believe) so it doesn't really matter. Sickbeard and Couchpotato subprocesses can be writing to the database @ all times so they nead to finish that before shutdown or else corruption may occur.

Thanks for the explanation, good to know Smile

And back to topic, I love the feel of Maraschino after using MFP for a long time (no disrespect meant towards the MFP developers of course). If auto-updating gets added soon it will be incredible, can't wait to see where this project goes from here.

- svtfmook - 2012-01-05

this looks really cool, i wish i had a use for it.

it would be really cool if there was a skin for the homescreen for this. i would rather have something like this for a homescreen instead of the other skins available.

- Shaolin - 2012-01-05

gugahoi Wrote:I've done some reading and pushed what I think could be a fix. Can you pull and try again?

Also tried to uninstall all the dependencies from my computer and it still works, but I might be missing something.
I am getting the same error on experimental branch using Windows 7 x64.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "maraschino-cherrypy.py", line 24, in <module>
    from Maraschino import app
  File "C:\HTPC-Apps\Maraschino Experimental\Maraschino.py", line 39, in <module>
    from modules.applications import *
  File "C:\HTPC-Apps\Maraschino Experimental\lib\modules.py", line 5, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name app

- Mar2zz - 2012-01-05

modules.py isn't in lib. that's the error. wrong merge? needs to be from maraschino.modules import

- mrkipling - 2012-01-05

[deleted because no longer relevant (experimental branch)]

- mrkipling - 2012-01-05

Existing users (pre 05/01/2012) upgrading to the latest version of Maraschino will need to make a small change in order for Maraschino to work.

Basically, for boring technical reasons, maraschino.py (the main Python file which is run by whichever web server you choose to use) has been renamed to Maraschino.py (i.e. it has been capitalised).

Apache users will need to update their WSGI file to reflect this change. Example maraschino.wsgi file:

Code:
import sys
sys.path.insert(0, "/var/www/maraschino")
from Maraschino import app as application

You will have to restart Apache after this.

CherryPy users shouldn't have to do anything as the maraschino-cherrypy.py file has been updated in the repository.

Sorry for the small inconvenience, but it's better in the long-run as the code is now a lot tidier and easier to maintain thanks to Mar2zz's generous contribution to the code base (plus, no more easy_install required when installing Maraschino as all dependencies are now in the repo - a big step forward!)

- Mar2zz - 2012-01-05

Maraschino deserves a capital M! Smile

Think a lot of people will like the new install instructions. The easy_install method seemed complicated for those that are no commandline-adepts or linux-enthousiasts.

- guy_smiley:) - 2012-01-06

steve1977 Wrote:There was another user in this thread reporting the same issue. It is strange as recently added movies and tv shows actually work (both at home and away). The part that is not working is the poster for the movies/shows away-from-home. Are they treated differently from the actual movie/tvshow info or any other idea why one part works and the other one does not?

I believe you would be referring to me. I am still trying to get XBMC's JSONRPC to work as a reverse proxy. Once this works, I believe posters should be visible on an external network. Anyone who could help with this, it would be much appreciated.

I know there is this link but it breaks every time you update XBMC Eden.