Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - bigwillch - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-24, 19:30)furii Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 18:01)calhaus Wrote: -Can you explain me how does ongoing episodes widget works?
It's a bit strange because it shows series in a random order (i think), not by name or last tv show watched order.
Can you make a similar widget but with skin widgets script (recommended episodes)?, Recommend episodes works much better, putting the last unseen episode of tv shows in a correct order of watching, depending of what have you seen last. Also updates the last unseen episode and tv show order if you've watched an episode, and that is not happening on ongoing widget.

that's a bug with library data provider which should be fixed shortly: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210063&pid=1964063#pid1964063

On a related note, has else anyone noticed the random movies not refreshing? I don't know how often it's meant to refresh, but it's been showing the same films for over a day. Don't know if that's intended or a bug with either the skin or the addon

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - xbishop - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-23, 05:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: Pressing info whilst a video is playing will show progress and finish time

I'm on a FTV and my remote control is very limited. I can access the "Finished time" by hitting up after bringing the OSD up but that provides extra info.

This skin is the best I've used in years, it'd just be great if it included the window in the top right corner of 1080XF's skin when the OSD is brought up.

Like this (weather:-7C) (current time:3:18) (end time:4:01):

As it stands I can't see the progress without pausing or bringing up the info box by hitting up on the OSD. I could spare the 2-5px to optionally have the bar on top of the OSD (or behind the OSD).
The endtime display is a wife dealbreaker because she wants to know exactly when something will end at a glance and liked that about 1080XF.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - calhaus - 2015-03-25

@bigwillch Mine are not refreshing either. Dunno if it's supposed to or not. (I know in skin widgets is, and you have options related to that, can't find them for service library data tho).

@xbishop I would like to see the progress bar without the need to press up button/pause also. Smile

@jurialmunkey I had an idea related to custom widgets.
Can you add two more custom widgets but with square boxes? (For example, the two Custom widgets show rectangular itens witch are great for movies and tv shows, but for addons or super favourites, square items would be better...)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - drivesoslow - 2015-03-25

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or doing something wrong but if I use the new homescreen and watch an episode it disappears from the widget, but if I use the classic homescreen the watched episodes seem to stay. Am I doing something wrong? I love the classic homescreen but I prefer how the new homescreen removes watched episodes.

--- edit ---

It appears that if I quit kodi it updates the view

(2015-03-25, 04:04)calhaus Wrote: @bigwillch Mine are not refreshing either. Dunno if it's supposed to or not. (I know in skin widgets is, and you have options related to that, can't find them for service library data tho).

Good to know its not just me. The random music widget refreshes regularly for me, but the movies one never does. Definitely seems like a bug, I just don't know whether it's with the skin or the addon. Anyone have any ideas?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-24, 10:23)bigwillch Wrote: One other minor thing I noticed - I've added a link to playlists as a menu item. After looking at some playlists and then pressing back from the playlist screen you are taken to the main library list, rather than back to the home page. Is it possible for all links on the homepage to use the return flag?
You can add the return flag yourself by going home customisation, selecting the shortcut you need to modify, click "Custom action"
it will show something like:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,special://videoplaylists/)

just add ,return to the brackets e.g.
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,special://videoplaylists/,return)

I'm a little surprised that skinshortcuts doesnt do this automatically...

(2015-03-24, 23:04)henrikyo Wrote: After changing everything to the way i like it. I wanted to not show widgets on settings and power, but even if i select none under widgets in skin settings it defaults to movie spotlight widget.
Any way to fix this?
Read the Frequently Asked Questions post that is stickied.

(2015-03-24, 23:55)mikkelnl Wrote: I'm using a raspberry pi2, so not the fastest hardware, but the widgets for recent episodes and recent movies will take anywhere from 5 to sometimes 15 seconds to show, so I'd guess a caching feature would be awesome. I tried searching this thread, cause I believe this has been mentioned before, but the loading time for the widgest is what's holding me off from using this great looking skin Smile By the way, the cpu isn't maxing out or anything during the 'loading content' animation...
Can you try with either "(Skin Playlist) New Episodes" or "(Skin Playlist) New Movies" as the widget? Sometimes using a playlist option can provide better performance than library data provider depending on your setup.

(2015-03-25, 00:23)bigwillch Wrote: On a related note, has else anyone noticed the random movies not refreshing? I don't know how often it's meant to refresh, but it's been showing the same films for over a day. Don't know if that's intended or a bug with either the skin or the addon
Im pretty sure its a bug with library data provider that is related to the other issue. From my understanding it should be fixed soon.

(2015-03-25, 02:11)xbishop Wrote: This skin is the best I've used in years, it'd just be great if it included the window in the top right corner of 1080XF's skin when the OSD is brought up.

Like this (weather:-7C) (current time:3:18) (end time:4:01)
As it stands I can't see the progress without pausing or bringing up the info box by hitting up on the OSD. I could spare the 2-5px to optionally have the bar on top of the OSD (or behind the OSD).
The endtime display is a wife dealbreaker because she wants to know exactly when something will end at a glance and liked that about 1080XF.
As quite a few people want this feature, I've added it on latest git. The clock now shows the finish time next to it -- I think having the weather is a little excessive though. The clock will now also show when just the osd controls are up.

(2015-03-25, 04:04)calhaus Wrote: Can you add two more custom widgets but with square boxes? (For example, the two Custom widgets show rectangular itens witch are great for movies and tv shows, but for addons or super favourites, square items would be better...)
I've got a plan to add a couple of custom widgets that will use skinshortcuts for customisation - so will allow for them to be pretty much customised how ever you want -- they will use square items due to the nature of them, basically will be like extra favourites widgets.

(2015-03-25, 04:24)drivesoslow Wrote: I'm not sure if I'm missing something or doing something wrong but if I use the new homescreen and watch an episode it disappears from the widget, but if I use the classic homescreen the watched episodes seem to stay. Am I doing something wrong? I love the classic homescreen but I prefer how the new homescreen removes watched episodes.
(2015-03-25, 10:21)bigwillch Wrote: Good to know its not just me. The random music widget refreshes regularly for me, but the movies one never does. Definitely seems like a bug, I just don't know whether it's with the skin or the addon. Anyone have any ideas?

Think it might be related to the recent bug with library data provider. Hopefully it wont be too long for a fix.

You can always use a (Skin Playlist) option for the widgets -- these update everytime you focus the menu item.

That's great advice, thanks! Will definitely try a playlist and will add the return option manually. Have donated you some beer money.

The Library Data Provider episode issue has been fixed now in the latest version, however the random movie refresh issue remains. Will ask on their forum about it.

@mikkelnl - I'm on RPI2 and find the widget loading very fast, with only about a second of the loading animation. Guessing it could be down to the speed of the sd card you're using?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mikkelnl - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-25, 11:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 23:55)mikkelnl Wrote: I'm using a raspberry pi2, so not the fastest hardware, but the widgets for recent episodes and recent movies will take anywhere from 5 to sometimes 15 seconds to show, so I'd guess a caching feature would be awesome. I tried searching this thread, cause I believe this has been mentioned before, but the loading time for the widgest is what's holding me off from using this great looking skin Smile By the way, the cpu isn't maxing out or anything during the 'loading content' animation...
Can you try with either "(Skin Playlist) New Episodes" or "(Skin Playlist) New Movies" as the widget? Sometimes using a playlist option can provide better performance than library data provider depending on your setup.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give this a try later today and report back.

(2015-03-25, 12:04)bigwillch Wrote: @mikkelnl - I'm on RPI2 and find the widget loading very fast, with only about a second of the loading animation. Guessing it could be down to the speed of the sd card you're using?
Could be, but other skins are instant/fast (like Aeon Nox), I'll test some more Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - im85288 - 2015-03-25

Hi jurial,

This is one awesome skin, you made me ditch my modded version of 1080XF as it's that good.

I have seen your comments about adding extrafanart support, but wanted to check if it is not as simple as adding this to the GlobalFanart variable?

<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Path)" + Skin.HasSetting(useExtraFanart)>$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart]</value>
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>

I tested it locally and from what I see it works fine, I could submit a pull request if you think it's valuable.

Thanks again

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-25, 14:22)im85288 Wrote: Hi jurial,

This is one awesome skin, you made me ditch my modded version of 1080XF as it's that good.

I have seen your comments about adding extrafanart support, but wanted to check if it is not as simple as adding this to the GlobalFanart variable?

<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Path)" + Skin.HasSetting(useExtraFanart)>$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart]</value>
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>

I tested it locally and from what I see it works fine, I could submit a pull request if you think it's valuable.

Thanks again
Thanks Smile

Unfortunately it's not that simple. The problem is that there is no way to check whether the extrafanart folder exists or contains images as it is not scanned to the database. This causes all sorts of issues of showing incorrect artwork from previous shows if it is missing. I had extrafanart support in arctic mkii and had to employ a couple of hacky work arounds to make it work properly in all scenarios.. considering that low powered devices are more and more popular, I want to minimize these sorts of things because the cpu cycles they waste start to add up.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Smobbo - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-25, 02:11)xbishop Wrote: This skin is the best I've used in years, it'd just be great if it included the window in the top right corner of 1080XF's skin when the OSD is brought up.

Like this (weather:-7C) (current time:3:18) (end time:4:01)
As quite a few people want this feature, I've added it on latest git. The clock now shows the finish time next to it -- I think having the weather is a little excessive though. The clock will now also show when just the osd controls are up.

Thank you! I also really like knowing when a show is finished Smile !
It is still amazing to see how fast you respond to questions/requests/bug reports ! Big thumbs up Big Grin

(2015-03-25, 15:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: Thanks Smile

Unfortunately it's not that simple. The problem is that there is no way to check whether the extrafanart folder exists or contains images as it is not scanned to the database. This causes all sorts of issues of showing incorrect artwork from previous shows if it is missing. I had extrafanart support in arctic mkii and had to employ a couple of hacky work arounds to make it work properly in all scenarios.. considering that low powered devices are more and more popular, I want to minimize these sorts of things because the cpu cycles they waste start to add up.

Thanks, I thought there would be more to it than that Smile No problem at all, hopefully they get it added to the database eventually so that it makes it easier all round.

How do you feel about adding a few more widget options? In my older skin the ones I particularly liked were ones for BBC IPlayer (popular,sport,scifi, documentaries and music) and a few more from the extended info script (namely engadget, eurogamer and mobile tech reviews)

I added them locally but thought I would see if they were of interest to you (and would therefore submit a pull request).

Cheers

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - furii - 2015-03-25

i'm curious about two things. 1) are these options in the repo version 1.1.5? it didn't look like it from what i saw and 2) is the new episodes playlist more similar to recently added or in progress? i don't necessarily mind the delay on the widgets but if i could get in progress without a delay it would be ideal.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mikkelnl - 2015-03-25

Tried your suggestion. Using "Skin playlist new episodes" takes 3-5 seconds to load, "Skin playlist new movies" takes 1 second. It's more consistant then the regular widgets (they wild sometimes be instant but most of the time take way longer). 3-5 seconds is OK I guess, though a feature like 'refresh when re-entering home screen' as seen in other skins would be awesome. But hey; thanks or the tip, it's fine right now Smile