Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-01

I remember you described a missing box art when the item' playback is started from the Kodi UI's thumb view. This is a Kodi problem, and I cannot do anything about it. The playlist will not be empty after playback has finished. The items keep there until Kodi restarts, the items are deleted or a new playlist is created.

The scrolling fanart stuff will be fixed with the change I already did. Just double checked it.

Light theme for TVShows on iPhone is fixed as well. The problem was created when I wanted to avoid a light background for the banners. This didn't look well in combination with the rounded corners. I just don't have TVShows without a banner and missed it ...

The glyphs style is controlled by iOS Dark/Light Mode. 

Few comments on the Light Mode: The App always had a dark base theme. Only list cells were using a light theme -- even the grid view always has a dark background. When starting to support the iOS Dark Mode, which was introduced with iOS13, these lists were changed, but not the basic dark theme. I played around locally with a real light theme for the App but it is just not looking as good as the current one. The one screen which can look good in dark/light is the NowPlaying screen (remember the updated prototypes I shared a few months back).

Edit:
Link to light mode and NowPlaying experiments: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=359717&pid=3094457#pid3094457
Link to intermediate NowPlaying update: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=359717&pid=3112249#pid3112249

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-11-01

Yes I do recall that. Now it makes sense why you were looking to overhaul the Now Playing styling.

It seems the ability to set the theme within the app instead of using iOS system theme is a great compromise as this app wasn’t designed from the ground up with themes in mind.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2022-11-03

Just discovered that the server selection pop-up also causes the unwanted rotation to portrait mode, don’t know whether this is already known?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-03

Thanks for sharing, I wasn‘t aware. The fix is a global one, so it shall apply to all screens and popups. The TF build with all these fixes is already on its way. As usual the initial review by Apple takes longer when updating the release version. We are continuing with 1.11.1 to give the best possible experience for iOS 9 and iOS 10 users when 1.12 will migrate to Xcode14 which only support iOS 11 and higher.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2022-11-03

Very good. Thanks for your fast response!

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-05

1.11.1 build 3509
Release Notes

This build has all the fixes for the issues reported since the 1.11 release and an additional fix for a potential crash which was reported in AppStore for 1.10.1. @UlfSchmidt, @amasephy, @Rycher42, will be good if you could check the issues you reported.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2022-11-05

Thanks for the new TestFlight, @Buschel

My observations so far:

Using full screen album mode, the auto-rotation is gone. Same for the unwanted rotation at server selection. Very good. Smile

But there are some other changes to full screen view introduced with this update, and I wonder whether these were done intentionally?
  • The pop-up itself is much wider (better)
  • If an album cover is not a plain square, the missing area is now filled with white. On a black background, this doesn’t look good. Previously the area was also filled black, if I remember it correctly
  • Same for movie cover art Sad
  • For music videos this leads now to the worst user experience possible, since the used frame in the App is portrait, but the used preview icons here are video snapshots in either 4:3 or 16:9 landscape, leading to a very strange look
  • Strange: for TV series everything is good as it was before?!
  • As the dark/light mode switch didn’t make it into this release, these bugs cannot be side effects, right?

Thanks for looking into this again.

Oh no, I simply did not see this as I was not switching the other views to grid view while testing. It is a regressing from the TVShow fix and not connected to the not yet submitted feature for the dark/light/auto UI. Thanks for pointing this out!

Edit: Fixed

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-11-05

@Buschel

Thanks for the new test flight release. I check all the issues I reported for this release and everything looks good.

I did find a semi related issue that is still present.

Your fix for sneaking out of full screen movie view does work. However, if you sneak out of the full screen ken burns view the same bad behavior is present. Gestures are disabled.

Edit:

Full screen view has regressed on iPad. Before this release rotation was disabled as we just recently discussed because the view would get screwed up. Now rotation is possible and the screen view does indeed get screwed up.

(2022-11-05, 18:32)amasephy Wrote: However, if you sneak out of the full screen ken burns view the same bad behavior is present. Gestures are disabled.
Confirmed. I have a quick fix for this. This will show a glitch when leaving the fullscreen mode, but it will not block the UI anymore.
(2022-11-05, 18:32)amasephy Wrote: Full screen view has regressed on iPad. Before this release rotation was disabled as we just recently discussed because the view would get screwed up. Now rotation is possible and the screen view does indeed get screwed up.
You updated to iOS16 now? iOS16 changed the rotation logic, I need to rework more stuff... Great, iOS updates always come with such surprises ...

Edit: I do not see any possibility to improve the situation for iOS 16 without using the new SDK / Xcode 14. Means, we need to live with the current iOS16 rotation behaviour. But I can improve the rotation for iOS 15.x over the experience with 1.11 (e.g. not rotating the fanart fullscreen view and not rotating the ShowInfoVC popover in the fullscreen view).

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-11-05

I am still on 15.7.1. You can imagine my surprise when rotation started happening. Previous build rotation was blocked while in full screen view for movies. I know as I made a comment about it with my big iPad bug list and you mentioned it was deliberately disabled as the code couldn’t properly handle the rotation as currently implemented.

(2022-11-05, 23:00)amasephy Wrote: I am still on 15.7.1. You can imagine my surprise when rotation started happening. Previous build rotation was blocked while in full screen view for movies. I know as I made a comment about it with my big iPad bug list and you mentioned it was deliberately disabled as the code couldn’t properly handle the rotation as currently implemented.
Which fullscreen are you using, and do you have a popover active which is drawn over the fullscreen (e,.g. after selecting an item from the fullscreen)?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-06

Good news, looks like I finally found the way to rotate the fullscreen contents (fullscreen grid view and fanart). This will also work under iOS16.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-11-06

It was full screen view for movies. I’m certain I tried to rotate that screen before and it did not rotate at all before this test build.

I don’t believe there were any overlays. I will try and take a video of what I experienced though it sounds like a solution was found that fixes all iPadOS versions now?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-06

This is how the current state looks like on a iPad 9G iOS16.0 simulator: Video