Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - m0ngr31 - 2016-04-18

(2016-04-17, 23:05)mwgray81 Wrote: I did make one small modification on the GetMovies function. I added a filter to only return titles that contained the heard word.

I need to play with this some, because it has the potential to be faster on a large dataset, but I will need to test and see who has the better matching: me or Kodi... The thing I worry about the most with it is partial phrase support. I go for a >= 60% of the words said. I'm not sure if Kodi can handle unknown words. I'll look into this some.

(2016-04-18, 03:48)mwgray81 Wrote: Yeah it has to have all the dependencies built into the source folder. As for speed, I haven't timed it, but it seems close to the same speeds as what you were getting in your videos.

Okay cool. I'm researching it right now. If I can find a way to make it as easy for users to update when I push new changes out as Heroku (git pull && git push heroku master), I'd like to switch to Lambda. Free + No idle spindown like Heroku has is pretty tempting.

(2016-04-18, 18:14)edru Wrote: Id have it utilize the "party mode" type of shuffle.

Is that just shuffle all music on the box?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - edru - 2016-04-18

It may actually be a plug in. I use the AEON NOX skin and there is a party mode that creates a shuffled playlist using all songs. So you can actually see whats up next and tell it to remove it and such. If it is a plug in, then I'd just shuffle all songs.

As far this generator you created - is there any way to quickly export the lists? Seems I can copy/paste/export anything and would just have to still manually type it in... unless im missing something here.

Also if you make this support various providers, please leave it generic enough that it will function on a home server. I have mine hosted out of my house so i wouldnt want to break it Smile

If I'm understanding you correctly, just click into the little box where the text is and hit Ctrl-A. That should select all the items, and you can paste them into the slot on your skill options. Is that what you mean?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - edru - 2016-04-18

(2016-04-18, 19:46)m0ngr31 Wrote: If I'm understanding you correctly, just click into the little box where the text is and hit Ctrl-A. That should select all the items, and you can paste them into the slot on your skill options. Is that what you mean?

Maybe it's my browser then (or my work network). I cant click anything inside the boxes. I'll try when I get home tonight.

EDIT: Seems it was probably something with the browser (firefox), tried Edge and it worked 100%.

Okay, I actually found a pretty cool way to handle environment variables and easy updates using lambda, I'll have an update soon.

mwgray81, if you don't mind, I'll probably merge some of your code back into my project.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - mwgray81 - 2016-04-19

Go for it. You'll have to let me know how you are implementing the environment variables.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - mwgray81 - 2016-04-19

(2016-04-03, 05:00)iminsandiego Wrote: I'm using the remote with my fire tv to control kodi, so most of the commands are unnecessary for me since navigation is awesome with the remote. The one major feature missing for me is voice search. I would like to say "kodi search for movie shrek" and have it open the search, automatically type shrek, and then press done.

Any ideas how we can add that ability?

I think you can add this ability by using the Execute Addon JSON command. I just did a quick test using the addon "Global Search" and it seems to work. Just need to add an intent for searching.

here is the function you would add to kodi.py

Code:
def call_kodi_search(name):
  return SendCommand(RPCString("Addons.ExecuteAddon", {"addonid": "script.globalsearch", "params":{"searchstring":name}}))

as for the code in wsgi.py needed to run the intent, I still haven't figured out how the slots work. So, m0ngr31 might be able to work that faster than I.

The one problem with this method is if you call it multiple times, you end up with multiple search windows on top of each other.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - m0ngr31 - 2016-04-19

I'll have some time to look at this (and adding in a few other suggestions) tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure there is a way to clear it out before submitting it again.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - scofield27 - 2016-04-19

hi budds

where do i find those parameters ?
heroku configConfusedet KODI_ADDRESS='your_ip_or_dynamic_address' KODI_PORT='kodi_port' KODI_USERNAME='kodi_username' KODI_PASSWORD='kodi_password' --app app-name-and-number

The first option is your public IP address or dynamic dns name you'll have after setting up a dynamic DNS. The second is the number you'll have after you setup port forwarding on your router. The last 2 are your username and password for your Kodi box (in the HTTP settings in Kodi)

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - scofield27 - 2016-04-19

(2016-04-19, 21:44)m0ngr31 Wrote: The first option is your public IP address or dynamic dns name you'll have after setting up a dynamic DNS. The second is the number you'll have after you setup port forwarding on your router. The last 2 are your username and password for your Kodi box (in the HTTP settings in Kodi)

thank you sir,
about the last one, if i didn't set any password , i can leave it blank or i have to set a password and username there ...?

I think Kodi has 'kodi' as the default username with no password, so if you didn't change those, just plug the defaults in and see if it works.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - edru - 2016-04-26

Was there any code changed that would make this only work with the hosted option, and possibly break anything for a home server? I updated the code, but also updated Ubuntu, and now its just totally broken.

Probably going to delete it all and start from scratch again Sad

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - m0ngr31 - 2016-04-26

No, I haven't changed anything in a week or so. What do your logs look like?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - amcfarla - 2016-04-26

I will say, you cannot view the videos around your Amazon echo that are in post 1, since it will try doing everything while watching the video...lol Wink