Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) (/showthread.php?tid=40136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- iLLNESS - 2008-11-28

Hey man just want to say thanks for working on something like this.

I have a feature request (hopefully a small one) some guys might be able to use. Basically, I've got an HTPC on the go and I LOVE XBMC. i I don't want to have to use anything else really but unfortunately BluRay menu support does not exist in XBMC. I've been searching for a solution and hoped XBMC might get this feature, but it looks like you already have it half there.

So, you've got launchplayer in XBMC which works great for regular files, but i was hoping you'd be able to add the ability to specify a file in the arguments for certain apps. In my case the app is AxCmd for alcohol 120.
Here's the arguements for AxCmd itself:
Code:
Syntax:
AxCmd.exe [drive:] [/M:path] [/u] [/L] [/?] [@cmd]

drive: Specifies virtual drive letter or number.
Possible values are A to Z or 0 to 30.
/M:path Mount an image file on a virtual drive.
Example: AxCmd.exe V: /M:c:\images\cd1.mds
This example will mount image file cd1.mds (located in images folder on drive C:) in Alcohol virtual drive that is using V: drive letter.
Note that if the full file/path name contains space character, then the file/path name need to be quoted for example: AxCmd.exe 0: /M:"C:\Documents and Settings\someone\My Documents\Alcohol 120\test 101.iso"
Returns drive letter when success or 1 when failure occurs.
/U Umount an image from a virtual drive.
Example: AxCmd.exe V: /U
Returns drive letter when success or 1 when failure occurs.

/L Get the number of active Alcohol virtual drives.
Example: AxCmd.exe /L
Returns 0 if there are no active virtual drives.
/? Display help.
@cmd This parameter should be used together with /M parameter to execute a specified command after mounting an image file on a virtual drive.
Example: AxCmd.exe 0: /M:c:\images\cd1.mds @0:play.exe
This example will mount image file cd1.mds (located in images folder on drive C:) in first Alcohol virtual drive and then automatically run play.exe from this virtual drive.

If something like this could be added, then once the ISO is mounted a player like total home theatre could load for the menu support.

As it stands, i dont think launchplayer is even passing the arguements right for some reason.. typing a command in dos that works doesnt in launchplayer args...

Thanks!

- ashlar - 2008-11-28

Illness, not to be annoying or anything but the plugin author, right in the post above yours, clearly stated: "Please post this in the trac ticket (#5300)." referring to a very similar feature request. Wink

- iLLNESS - 2008-11-28

ashlar Wrote:Illness, not to be annoying or anything but the plugin author, right in the post above yours, clearly stated: "Please post this in the trac ticket (#5300)." referring to a very similar feature request. Wink

yeah i checked out the site and couldnt see nothing to post in the trac ticket.
aside from that, his request is something different all together. im asking if he can make it to pass better arguements basically.. that guys asking for it to play one file but not another automatically even though you can already select it to play launch player.. my feature is not in there at all really

EDIT: well after a little probing, i found out that this launchplayer IS basically setup for AxCmd already... theres just one small issue on how its handled. heres a C&P of the code executed when clicking on an iso and hitting launchplayer:
Code:
F:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\AxCmd.exe E: /M: "g:\Folder Name\dvdr.img"

For AxCmd to handle it properly, it needs to be:
Code:
F:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\AxCmd.exe E: /M:"g:\Folder Name\dvdr.img"

- ashlar - 2008-11-28

He repeatedly asked to post feature requests in the trac system. Having said this, do as you prefer. I'm not a moderator or anything.

- iLLNESS - 2008-11-28

ashlar Wrote:He repeatedly asked to post feature requests in the trac system. Having said this, do as you prefer. I'm not a moderator or anything.

if there was a way to register to trac, or post to it, i would have

- ashlar - 2008-11-28

iLLNESS Wrote:if there was a way to register to trac, or post to it, i would have
Same username and password as the forum you are writing on. Smile

- iLLNESS - 2008-11-28

good news thanks!

anyone here happen to know specifically in what file and where in the source, launchplayer passes the arguments? If i could find this information i could just change the code myself and compile it but i checked the source of the launchplayer and cant see specifically where the arguements/exe location is ran from.

where exactly do you send feature requests for launch player? do you create a new ticket of just reply to the launchplayer ticket?

- ashlar - 2008-11-28

iLLNESS Wrote:do you create a new ticket of just reply to the launchplayer ticket?
you reply to the launchplayer ticket.

- iLLNESS - 2008-11-28

well i managed to get a work around using a batch file and a batch compiler (convert to exe)

my batch looks like this:
Code:
AxCmd.exe E: /M:%4
this mounts the file selected in XBMC to the virtual E: drive.

the advanced settings looks like this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<launchplayer>
<defaultplayer>false</defaultplayer>
<filename>F:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\arg.exe</filename>
<args></args>
</launchplayer>
</advancedsettings>
the batch exe is arg.exe and i had to put it in the same folder as AxCmd.

I used a program called ExeScript 3.0 which requires a liscence to run fine with xbmc (free version requires you to hit enter in the command prompt.. which locks up XBMC)

So once the image was mounted, i had total home theatre auto load upon that drive getting a video disc. in total home theatre i set it to always on top as xbmc seems to unlock as soon as that batch exe completes.

i suppose this is a good work around for people with BR images and XBMC.

anyone wanting to check it out can grab a precompiled exe here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wuflr2j3ygt
the exe is NOT a virus.. if you don't trust me scan it Tongue
was made with this program:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Coding-languages-Compilers/ExeScript.shtml
again, put the arg.exe in the same folder as your alcohol120, and link the arg.exe in your advancedsettings.xml

the only downside as it stands is xbmc is running full resource in the background, and your app needs to be able to always be on top for it to show video.

- ashlar - 2008-11-28

Maybe this could be added to the Wiki?

- iLLNESS - 2008-11-29

wouldnt say its quite worthy of the wiki :o
but i suppose people out there might be looking for something like it

- Quickstrike - 2008-11-29

Thank you, Konfoo!

I absolutely love XBMC - been using it since the first release on the Xbox. It is a shame that the current codecs available are limiting the HD XBMC experience, as this definitely is the best front-end around. Just look at other HTPC software available right now -- the most popular skins are XBMC clones, and even then it still won't look or feel as good as the original XBMC version.

To me this is the best of both worlds, until the XBMC HD codecs mature more.

I think that it would be a good idea to implement this feature into the official build. I agree that it shouldn't be enabled by default - more of a hidden feature that can be unlocked by power-users until newer internal codecs are released.

Thanks again to the XBMC team and Konfoo. I still use XBMC on my xbox daily. Every time it loads, I am amazed at the capabilities, ease of use, aesthetics, performance, constant improvements.. it really is one of the finest open-source products available anywhere Image

- JoyMonkey - 2008-11-29

Quickstrike Wrote:Thank you, Konfoo!

I absolutely love XBMC - been using it since the first release on the Xbox. It is a shame that the current codecs available are limiting the HD XBMC experience, as this definitely is the best front-end around. Just look at other HTPC software available right now -- the most popular skins are XBMC clones, and even then it still won't look or feel as good as the original XBMC version.

To me this is the best of both worlds, until the XBMC HD codecs mature more.

I think that it would be a good idea to implement this feature into the official build. I agree that it shouldn't be enabled by default - more of a hidden feature that can be unlocked by power-users until newer internal codecs are released.

Thanks again to the XBMC team and Konfoo. I still use XBMC on my xbox daily. Every time it loads, I am amazed at the capabilities, ease of use, aesthetics, performance, constant improvements.. it really is one of the finest open-source products available anywhere Image

What he said!
I think a lot of people are in this same boat: we love XBMC and can appreciate the work that's gone into MPlayer, but need a solution for the more system intensive video files that are out there at the moment. I think huge hi-def video files have become something of a standard for some people now and with the huge differences in users wants/needs and different hardware setups, a selection of different media players rather than restricting users to MPlayer really seems to be the way forward.

I was about to move over to MediaPortal until I came across LaunchPlayer; so thanks for taking the incentive Konfoo!

- nitio - 2008-11-30

orto Wrote:I canĀ“t get the launch player to work proper with zoomplayer as the default player. My problem is that xbmc still has focus and is always the top most window. If I launch xbmc in windowed mode I can see that zoomplayer gets launched fullscreen in the background and the movie starts because I can hear the movie audio. How can I get this working so that zoomplayer gets the focus. The cpu usage for xbmc is also quite high while the video is playing in zoomplayer, seems like the video is also being processed in xbmc.

Quick answer: Alt-Tab and it will go to the player window.

This happens with me too using MPC. Though this only happens the first time I play a video externally. So I just mapped a key in my remote to do a Alt-Tab and all is well. After that, the videos will play fine in that XBMC session.

- PantsOnFire - 2008-11-30

Hi guys.

I run MplayerC from a downloaded codec pack which I use on my system (CCCP). Ive followed the instructions on the first page, but everytime I hit "play using... launchplayer" XBMC just freezes Sad

This is using a clean install of the build listed in the original post. (note, it has kept all my previous settings, ie sources, thumbs, paths etc.) -- i was hoping DELETING the folder XBMC from program files would delete this info too, but it hasnt. I tried un-installing using add/remove but xbmc was not listed strangely.

Any help appreciated.

Just checked the XBMC.log file for CAULC notices, and found these lines..

02:55:10 T:3012 M:447504384 NOTICE: CLAUPlayer:OpenFile: K:\VIDEO\FILM\Alien Vs Predator Requiem.avi
02:55:10 T:3184 M:447496192 NOTICE: CLAUPlayer:Filename:
02:55:10 T:3184 M:447492096 NOTICE: CLAUPlayer:Args:
02:55:10 T:3184 M:447492096 NOTICE: CLAUPlayerTonguerocess: Start
02:55:10 T:3184 M:447475712 NOTICE: CLAUPlayer:ExecuteApp: "K:\VIDEO\FILM\Alien Vs Predator Requiem.avi"
02:55:10 T:3184 M:447475712 NOTICE: CLAUPlayer:ExecuteAppFailure: 0

Im not too sure what I can be derived from this? All I can see is that it tries to load the video, and fails on the last line. Sad
Where can I go from here?