Kodi Community Forum
Is this advanced Home Screen View Mod function idea possible in XBMC Skinning-Engine? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Is this advanced Home Screen View Mod function idea possible in XBMC Skinning-Engine? (/showthread.php?tid=53396)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Recently added homepage movies? - ekim232 - 2009-07-09

I have been working on the new script that allows the home window to list the recently added movies, episodes, ect.

I am trying to add the the movie name and the below it have the year and imdb rating. my code is as follows

<item id="1">
<label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Title)]</label>
<label2>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.year)] - Rating: $INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.rating)]</label2>
<onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Path)])</onclick>
<icon>-</icon>
<thumb>-</thumb>
</item>

I get the year, the text for "Rating:", but I don't get the actual imdb rating to show. I switched rating to many other infolables and could not get them to show as well. Are most common infolables not possible with the new lastestmovie. label? Or am I just wrong on something.

- ronie - 2009-07-09

just have a look at the script and you'll see what's available. :-)
for movies: Title, Year, RunningTime, Path, Fanart and Thumb.

- ekim232 - 2009-07-10

Thanks Ronie.

I am using the latest version of this script, but I can't get the latestepisode.#.fanart to show in any area. This is my code...

<control type="image">
<posx>10</posx>
<posy>30</posy>
<width>230</width>
<height>150</height>
<aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
<texture diffuse="thumb diffuse.png">$INFO[Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.Thumb)]</texture>
<visible>Container(8008).Hasfocus(1)</visible>
</control>

then I use this for fanart...

<control type="image">
<posx>356</posx>
<posy>100</posy>
<width>924</width>
<height>520</height>
<info>Window.Property(LatestEpisode.1.Fanart)</info>
<animation effect="fade" time="1100" delay="5000">WindowOpen</animation>
<visible>Container(8008).Hasfocus(1)</visible>
</control>

I use the exact same thing for movies and it shows on my homepage background perfectly. Movies uses container(8000). I even tried using latestepisode.1.fanart in the regular control that usually displays my thumb and it would not show. But if I put latestepisode.1.thumb in where I want fanart to show, it will put the thumb as my background. I got the script from this thread on this page...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53396&page=7

Any suggestions on what might be wrong. Just trying to get this feature completed and done with. Thanks to anyone who can help!

- Nuka1195 - 2009-07-10

you can add any property you want. search this thread for a list of available fields then edit the script

- ekim232 - 2009-07-10

Nuka1195 Wrote:you can add any property you want. search this thread for a list of available fields then edit the script

By no means do I know anything about how scripts are coded, but I was under the impression fanart for the episode level was available bases upon seeing this ...

self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestEpisode.%d.Fanart" % ( count + 1, ), "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( "Fanart", fanart_cache, ) )

I also saw this within the movie section so I was thinking it was available on the episode level. I could be way off on this. I appreciate your time in trying to help out.

- Hitcher - 2009-07-17

Is this still being worked on?

The reason I ask is because it doesn't show an automatically generated thumb for TV episodes only ones that have been scraped.

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-17

Hitcher Wrote:Is this still being worked on?

The reason I ask is because it doesn't show an automatically generated thumb for TV episodes only ones that have been scraped.

yeah thats because xbmc stores them in a different location to normal thumbs
I guess nuka could add a file exsists check to the normal thumb and then try and fetch the auto one if it fails

- Swifty - 2009-07-17

Ok I've not read this whole thread, but another simple way of getting this info (which is how I currently do it) is to use folder RSS; http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?topic=8450.0

Just set it up to run every few hours and it will create an RSS feed for the path you specify of any new files within a specified time span..

It's really handy to have on the homescreen of XBMC so I can see what the latest TV Shows etc are.. Smile

- Nuka1195 - 2009-07-17

updated script for .AutoThumb and .Rating properties to movies/tvshows

http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/packages/RecentlyAdded.py

This does not work. if a developer could add $INFO[] to the fallback then i won't add the check in the script for file existence. if it can't be added i will add the check. but it would be nice to work like the below.
PHP Code:
<texture fallback="$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.AutoThumb)]">$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Thumb)]</texture

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-17

Nuka1195 Wrote:updated script for .AutoThumb and .Rating properties to movies/tvshows

http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/packages/RecentlyAdded.py

This does not work. if a developer could add $INFO[] to the fallback then i won't add the check in the script for file existence. if it can't be added i will add the check. but it would be nice to work like the below.
PHP Code:
<texture fallback="$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.AutoThumb)]">$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Thumb)]</texture

jmarshall has said long time ago he doesn't want to $INFO-tise fallback I can't remember the reason why but he was pretty much against it

- Nuka1195 - 2009-07-18

jmarshall, you don't want this functionality?

it would be nice, but having the check in the script isn't going to slow it up noticeably.

- jmarshall - 2009-07-18

Fallback is designed to be something we can guarantee will show.

Note that prior to fallback displaying if a file doesn't exist, this wasn't even an option anyway.

It seems to me that the best way to address this is to have a function that grabs the thumb for the item, rather than just assuming a bunch of images *might* exist and having to check for them each time the image is shown.

The thumb cleanup (if it ever happens!) would solve this.

Cheers,
Jonathan

- Nuka1195 - 2009-07-18

i think if there was no noticeable performance hit, everything should accept $INFO[]. it would open up a lot of user customization.

updated script to only set .Thumb property, it checks for normal thumb existence. if it doesn't exist it sets the path to an auto generated one.

- jmarshall - 2009-07-19

There would definitely be a noticeable hit if everything accepted $INFO[] - it has to be evaluated every single frame. Compare that to evaluating something once Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

- buges - 2009-07-19

Nuka.

Is there any chance of changing the script so after an sql query that has returned no results is empty instead of returning 0 ?

So i could use something like IsEmpty() for skinning

Thanks