Kodi Community Forum
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences (/showthread.php?tid=170791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - edxbmc - 2013-10-30

Any luck finding a solution to the resetting of XBMC's GUI changes when the box is powered off? Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

I've been able to have perfect backups/restores of my highly customized XBMC install via manually copying the .xbmc folder to a different drive and then copy/pasting it back when I want to restore, however after a restart the GUI changes are always reset to defaults even though add-ons and favorites remain.

Thoughts?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Packetcrypt - 2013-10-30

(2013-10-30, 18:31)edxbmc Wrote: Any luck finding a solution to the resetting of XBMC's GUI changes when the box is powered off? Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

I've been able to have perfect backups/restores of my highly customized XBMC install via manually copying the .xbmc folder to a different drive and then copy/pasting it back when I want to restore, however after a restart the GUI changes are always reset to defaults even though add-ons and favorites remain.

Thoughts?

This seems to be hit and miss. The majority of the boxes I have done by copying the org.xbmc.xbmc folder retain all changes made however 25% end up losing shortcuts and custom backrounds. All other settings and add-ons remain intact. I am thinking that if I just rename the wallpaper I want to the same as the xbmc default and replace it then that should correct the wallpaper issue. Not sure what is going on with short cuts disappearing.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - edxbmc - 2013-10-30

Interesting idea about the wallpaper. In my case though my customizations include using AEON Nox as a skin. After a restart it always defaults back to Confluence :<

Somewhere I read about this being a known issue in Frodo, that it was on track for a fix in Gotham. Didn't know in the interim if anyone could offer up a workaround.

edit: It may be that the guisettings.xml file in .xbmc is being overwritten after a restart with a default version of the file. Any ideas where this default file is stored? Perhaps it was deleted after a successful XBMC install this issue would no longer occur. This is the file fyi that houses all changes associated with the GUI.

edit 2: after some specific Googling I found the following files. I'll report back if I have any luck implementing a solution

File name and path that determines default settings store in guisettings.xml: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/settings/settings.xml
Info on advancedsettings.xml which should overwrite anything stored in guisettings.xml: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - redi - 2013-10-31

strange, I've powered off the gica several times (when I put it to sleep it sometimes hangs and requires a full power off/back on ) and each time my wallpaper stays the same, and the display stays the same (I have to go in to the display properties and stretch the screen so that it covers the whole tv).

overall this has been pretty solid. xbmc sometimes crashes but not often at all. I've had the Ethernet drop a few times but I think that's related to the wifi extender that it is plugged into.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - ciquta - 2013-11-03

Sometimes xmbc freezes (using not-supported addons) but i can still go back to the android home.

What is the easyest way to kill the app under android with a qwerty keyboard?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - redi - 2013-11-03

There's an app called null keyboard that is supposed to suppress the on screen one.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - ciquta - 2013-11-03

Sorry for my bad english, i meant to ask how to kill an app USING a qwerty keyboard

Is there a function key or something like that?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - raymw - 2013-11-04

Still waiting for the Linux XBMC images for these dual core boxes and get rid of the convoluted and resource hungry Android and back to smooth movie streaming in HD like I still have with the Linux driven 510b single core M3 unit.

I know that Geniatech are developing a suitable Linux XBMC image but no date as yet. That is unless anyone has heard any more recent news on this. Then I suppose we wait for quad core but honestly with Linux OS the single core boxes are awesome anyway.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - quality control - 2013-11-04

Is there a way to delete the Mygica home screen and have bone stock android 4.1 on this device?

I hate the loader screen and the inability to create widgets and customize my screens.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - quality control - 2013-11-05

Can anyone help me?

I just want to delete the mygica files and have stock android load.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - redi - 2013-11-05

That would be a nice option.

In other news I emailed geniatech asking about a Linux xbmc firmware for the atv520 as they have one out for their m3 sticks and was told they are working on it and hope to have something in q1 next year.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - quality control - 2013-11-05

Maybe I should email them to see if we can load stock android without their launcher.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - ciquta - 2013-11-05

You can't completely unistall the metro launcher, but yes you can disable it and boot straight with the stock launcher.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - quality control - 2013-11-06

How does one disable the metro launcher and launch into stock android?

I want to use widgets and such, customize my own screens.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - kneighbour - 2013-11-06

(2013-11-04, 05:45)raymw Wrote: Still waiting for the Linux XBMC images for these dual core boxes and get rid of the convoluted and resource hungry Android and back to smooth movie streaming in HD like I still have with the Linux driven 510b single core M3 unit.

I know that Geniatech are developing a suitable Linux XBMC image but no date as yet. That is unless anyone has heard any more recent news on this. Then I suppose we wait for quad core but honestly with Linux OS the single core boxes are awesome anyway.

I am really puzzled as to why you would want to go to Linux? The android version of this box seems just fine to me. There is certainly no speed issues. Perhaps the linux version of XBMC is a bit more stable - I can see that being a slight plus. One of the problems with linux is getting it to work. I have tried Linux on a desktop machine with XBMC Live and OpenElec - and could not get either version to work properly. And I am a computer programmer with a LOT of experience with computers. Hopefully, if Geniatech develops a linux version, it will just install much like the android version does, so there should be no problems with installation.

(2013-11-06, 04:13)quality control Wrote: How does one disable the metro launcher and launch into stock android?

I want to use widgets and such, customize my own screens.

Just like in any android system. Go into the Settings, then Apps. Find the Metro Launcher App, then open the listing. The press the Clear Defaults button.

Then press the Home button. When it asks you what launcher you want to load, select the one you want, then select 'Always'.

Done.