Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- freaksworth - 2007-11-23

Hi,

thank you, BigBellyBilly.

@evilhomeruk:
Just define the new path in profiles.xml.

f

- smuto - 2007-11-26

Quote:setting '"Transfer UserData to T3CH ?" (defaults to YES)
request
-copy the profiles.xml to the new build dir, when is set to no

smuto

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-26

profiles.xml is a prime candidate that could be just added to the Custom Copies (includes) list that the user can maintain.

However, I decided that many of the folders/files that are copied could be done throu the same mechanism (eg Scripts, Skins), so on first run, it adds several folders/files to the includes list.
Another advantage of this is they become maintainable by the user. eg. if you don't want it to ever copy over Scripts, just delete that folder from the list.

NB. All folder files in the Includes list are relative to Q:\

Same idea applied to Custom Deletes (excludes) where some of the 'tidying up' folder/files have been added. eg ..\Changelog.txt, ..\_tools, ..\win32 etc

NB. All folder files in the Excludes list are relative to unrar_path\XBMC\

Is summary, what this means to the user is, that most (apart from UserData) folder/files to be Copying/Deleted are now maintainable from the menu options Maintain Copies/Deletes

b32 from HERE

- kricker - 2007-11-26

checking out the new version now. Good work BBB.

- kricker - 2007-11-26

kricker Wrote:checking out the new version now. Good work BBB.

So I just used it to update the the nov 25th t3ch build and the upgrade went smooth. Only the files set in the delete list didn't get deleted. The one listed were there by default. The changlog.txt, _tools, copying.txt, and win32.

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-26

don't suppose you have the xbmc.log from the attempt do you ?

What were your settings ?

It did work in my testing, but I'll go back and re-check everything as I don't have the new build myself yet.

- kricker - 2007-11-27

BigBellyBilly Wrote:don't suppose you have the xbmc.log from the attempt do you ?

What were your settings ?

It did work in my testing, but I'll go back and re-check everything as I don't have the new build myself yet.
No I assume the log was overwritten when the xbox was resatred to switch to the new build it just installed.

My settings were all at default. I changed nothing.

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-27

xbmc actually copies the last log to .old_log on restart.

You do also need AdvancedSetting.xml in UserData to contain:

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

- kricker - 2007-11-27

BigBellyBilly Wrote:xbmc actually copies the last log to .old_log on restart.

You do also need AdvancedSetting.xml in UserData to contain:

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
Crap I forgot about the .old log...and I've restarted many times since then. I'll roll back to an old version and do it again then Wink

remember you can do that using the script too Wink

- kricker - 2007-11-27

BigBellyBilly Wrote:remember you can do that using the script too Wink
Exactly how I was going to do it Wink. It was my idea after all Smile

i think i know what the problem is;

The additional Deletes are only appended to the list if the excludes.txt doesn't exist, ie on first run.

why? this is so the user can modify the lists without fear of them always being re-added everytime the script runs.

Try deleting both excludes.txt and includes.txt - re-run it and you should see the full lists from the menu.

BBB

PS. Maybe the option to 'Reset Settings' should also delete these files, anfter a YesNo prompt, too ?

- kricker - 2007-11-28

BigBellyBilly Wrote:i think i know what the problem is;

The additional Deletes are only appended to the list if the excludes.txt doesn't exist, ie on first run.

why? this is so the user can modify the lists without fear of them always being re-added everytime the script runs.

Try deleting both excludes.txt and includes.txt - re-run it and you should see the full lists from the menu.

BBB

PS. Maybe the option to 'Reset Settings' should also delete these files, anfter a YesNo prompt, too ?
I thin that sounds like a good idea. I should be able to retry with your suggestion tomorrow.

b33 - BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-29

I've fixed the problem with it not deleting everything from the Excludes list.

New setting option to "Reset Copy and Deletes Lists"

available HERE

I think this script is just about done for a release now if no-one finds any further errors?

BBB

- kricker - 2007-11-29

BigBellyBilly Wrote:I've fixed the problem with it not deleting everything from the Excludes list.

New setting option to "Reset Copy and Deletes Lists"

available HERE

I think this script is just about done for a release now if no-one finds any further errors?

BBB
I got an idea for a new script for you Wink