Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - damianek251 - 2019-01-12

Hi i have installed latest plugin version 6.3.0-beta2 but live streams still not working.
Im using latest version of osmc (kodi 17)
Theres a link for a live stream i was trying to play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipZzg7wjrBA
Can you help me sort this out? 
Thank you.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2019-01-12

@jmh2002 
For now, I've adjusted this so that it only shifts focus if done through the new keymapped actions.

@siliconhippy 
I just tested a couple videos w/ IPTV Simple Client and they worked fine here. A complete debug log (wiki) may show the issue.

@sobador 
That video works signed in/out here with/without mpeg-dash. It may be something with your account, iirc there have been similar reports previously. May be worth trying another account.

@Luke Cage
It is not currently implemented in the add-on.

@damianek251 
So far, the only way I've been able to get this stream to play is w/ Kodi 18 w/o mpeg-dash for live streams.

I've updated post #2 with beta3
    [fixup] playlists 'Play from here'
    [fixup] only shift listitem focus if using a keymapped action
    [lang] el_gr strings |contrib: twilight0|

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - SkripT - 2019-01-13

Hi. I have two questions about this plugin:
- is it possible to show personal recomendations related to my tastes and preferences? I also have a Dune player with a YouTube plugin and it shows this section without problems even it is a simplier player
- is it possible to play videos in 4k even my Tv is only 1080p downscaling them? I know i can do it in android with the ssmart YouTube player app

Thanks

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Spiderfish - 2019-01-13

(2017-12-25, 17:34)Licentia Wrote:
(2017-12-25, 10:55)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2017-12-25, 05:29)Licentia Wrote: Is the daily quota limit for this add on ever going to be fixed?
Are you ever going to read the FAQ and Personal API instructions for this addon (that are noted in my signature)?

NB: these are still linked to the old thread but will be transferred to this new thread in the coming days when I have time do so.  
I've read those instructions and tried them but they didn't work.  I'm also using Libreelec, not Android, so having to type in the API keys is also pretty difficult.  I wish there was an easier way to resolve this issue. 

You can use the second option to paste all  IDs from settings.xml as mentioned in the post so there is no need to write it by typing

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - siliconhippy - 2019-01-14

(2019-01-12, 21:57)anxdpanic Wrote: @siliconhippy 
I just tested a couple videos w/ IPTV Simple Client and they worked fine here. A complete debug log (wiki) may show the issue.

I've updated post #2 with beta3
    [fixup] playlists 'Play from here'
    [fixup] only shift listitem focus if using a keymapped action
    [lang] el_gr strings |contrib: twilight0|

@anxdpanic

I used with RC4 your v6.3.0 beta3 and live streaming works with MPEG DASH on ( live ON, VOD OFF)! Some links do have no audio problems, though. MPEG DASH shows a 854*480 480p resolution that can drop to 360p, while when non MPEG DASH was working before, I could get to 720p via Choose Video Quality menu.

But switching off MPEG DASH results in the same old problems ( freezing, audio cut.) Speed doesn't matter, 360/480/720p ( I am on a slow wifi link and my TV is only 720p.)

Question: In inputstream.adaptive what does manual v auto stream selection mean? Until recently I thought I should use auto when YouTube plugin selects auto res and manual when it asks for video quality.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - manio - 2019-01-14

Hello guys!
I am a little confused with youtube addon qualities. I am testing the same clip on samsung smart tv (youtube app) and kodi youtube addon.

Take a look what is samsung telling me about the clip when playing:

While here are the same clip on kodi:

Can you tell me how is this possible? How can we get the missing qualities on kodi addon, is it possible?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - horvathg - 2019-01-14

Hello guys,

first of all thank you for the addon! We really like it! It also helps me a lot, to disconnect my tv from internet.
My probelm is, when we use it to listen to music, the lighting of the tv bothers us. For this I wish the screensaver would start. However as a video is playing it is not possible. As a work around, I thought there should be a switch somewhere in the options, when True, tells kodi that it can go on with screensaver like when it is playing music. I thought "Audio only" would do exactly this, however it does not.

I tried to modify the code. I hoped to tell Kodi, that the current context is Files and not video (reason was to copy the option, making sure it exists). For this I added the corresponding line in settings.xml (which appeared and I was able to switch it) and added some changes to provider.py, set_content_type function so it looks like this:

python:

def set_content_type(self, context, content_type):
        if context.get_settings().get_bool('youtube.enable.screensaver.during.video', True):
            content_type == kodion.constants.content_type.FILES

context.set_content_type(content_type)
        if content_type == kodion.constants.content_type.VIDEOS:
            context.add_sort_method(kodion.constants.sort_method.UNSORTED,
                                    kodion.constants.sort_method.VIDEO_RUNTIME,
                                    kodion.constants.sort_method.DATE_ADDED,
                                    kodion.constants.sort_method.TRACK_NUMBER,
                                    kodion.constants.sort_method.VIDEO_TITLE,
                                    kodion.constants.sort_method.DATE)
        context.log_error('setting is: %s, context_type: %s' % (str(context.get_settings().get_bool('youtube.enable.screensaver.during.video', True)),content_type))

Although the log messages appear as I hope they should, the screensaver cannot be started neither as in Preview screensaver, nor when the timelimit elapses. This lead me to the realization that it is not that simple. Smile What else should be changed?

Although not mentioned here, I also modified const_settings.py and abstract_settings.py to add a function to get the value of the given setting. Later I haven't used it. I also added the necessary string to en_us but as my local settings does not match, it didn't appear.

Thank you for your answer in advance!
Best regards
horvathg

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Luke Cage - 2019-01-15

(2019-01-14, 12:25)manio Wrote: Hello guys!
I am a little confused with youtube addon qualities. I am testing the same clip on samsung smart tv (youtube app) and kodi youtube addon.

----- Snip! ----- Snip! -----

Can you tell me how is this possible? How can we get the missing qualities on kodi addon, is it possible?

Search this thread for mpeg-dash and inputstream-adaptive :

(2017-12-29, 14:02)anxdpanic Wrote: The add-on can only do <= 720p with Kodi 16 or less. In Kodi 17 and 18(nightlies) >720p can be achieved with mpeg-dash by enabling and configuring inputstream.adaptive.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - macula - 2019-01-17

Android 4.4.4
Kodi Jarvis
Youtube addon 6.2.3

After some reading done is it really out of reach to get higher resolutions then 360p on current setup?

Little by little I start to notice that I can't open 720p resolution on this addon, so I decided to do little inquire about that cuz everything I read points to getting InputStream Adaptive and mpeg-dash to work which I simply don't see how to.

Oddly enough I have no problem with lack of resolutions on twitch addon but I guess that's different story.

This might be fools errand but I figure asking wouldn't hurt.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blueribb - 2019-01-17

You might want to start by installing a newer version of Kodi

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - caseguy - 2019-01-17

Hi! 

Just recently, with Kodi 18 RC 5, live streams arent working for me with latest version. 

Any idea which version currently works with live streams? 

Thanks all.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - caseguy - 2019-01-17

Update- So I updated to the latest beta version and all live streams work. HOWEVER, when I try to stop the stream it crashes Kodi with a "Kodi is not responding" and shut down. 

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Thanks all.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jape42 - 2019-01-17

I've noticed recently that some youtube videos have been choking part way through.  In this example the video died about 1 hour and 10 mins after playback started.

I've got MPEG-Dash enabled with inputstream adaptive configured to be 1080p for the general decoder.

raspbian, YouTube (6.2.3) on Leia (RC4) with Python 2.7.13, raspberry pi 3b+

logs:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ecotokisiq.kodi

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2019-01-17

@anxdpanic 
Thanks for made the possibility to install the repository according to your favorite version Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - WeirdH - 2019-01-17

Could someone test this video? I updated to 6.3.0beta4, but this one still won't play. Had some troubles earlier with livestreams too (IGNs Mortal Kombat 11 reveal).