Kodi Community Forum
Release Arctic: Zephyr - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: Release Arctic: Zephyr (/showthread.php?tid=217174)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - b0mb - 2015-06-16

(2015-06-16, 01:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: Dont think it's possible whilst using skinshortcuts. I can think of one way but it involves rewriting all the home screen code which is ridiculous just to do this.

this is how sualfred solved the problem in his BelloFredo Mod Wink

I guess this won´t help you coz of your skins code but it might give you some inspiration.... Smile

the artwork downloader method would practically work but i have playlists for movies, sieries, dokus und kidz ....

Edit:

Can´t you change the code or give the user an option that the backgrounds shown are taken from the main playlist instead of the playlist linked to the widget?

That would also be a possible solution i think Wink

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Razze - 2015-06-16

Ignore this, wrong topic...

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Crssi - 2015-06-16

It would be nice, if under settings -> home -> customize main menu, when selecting background that there would be also smartplaylist option beside none, single image and multi image.
So, if background would be none, then widget background would be shown as is now... and when background is different than none, then background would have the priority over widget background.
Under extras or furniture could be an option then to choose the duration in seconds for change the fanart from choosen smartplaylist as a source for background.

note:
this is not a request... i am just trying to brainstorm here
also, if this makes too much time and code changes then I can live just fine with my workaround

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-06-16

All the menu stuff is handled by skin shortcuts, I just control how it is displayed. These types of features would have to be added to the script before I could implement them in the skin.

EDIT: Scrap that. I think I have found a way. I've got some other changes that I'm still working on, so can't push it to git at the moment, but will let you know when it is ready.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - b0mb - 2015-06-17

(2015-06-16, 12:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: All the menu stuff is handled by skin shortcuts, I just control how it is displayed. These types of features would have to be added to the script before I could implement them in the skin.

EDIT: Scrap that. I think I have found a way. I've got some other changes that I'm still working on, so can't push it to git at the moment, but will let you know when it is ready.

thx in advance! Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Crssi - 2015-06-17

I somehow knew your expertise will prevail. Smile

Thank you

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - jurialmunkey - 2015-06-18

Coming Soon...

Here are some of the new style changes coming to the info/extendedinfo screens. Movies/Shows/ExtendedInfo are done. Just need to do the other ones now (programs, addons, music, pvr).

watch gallery

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mark2112 - 2015-06-18

Awesome!

(2015-06-17, 08:39)b0mb Wrote:
(2015-06-16, 12:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: All the menu stuff is handled by skin shortcuts, I just control how it is displayed. These types of features would have to be added to the script before I could implement them in the skin.

thx in advance! Smile

On github Wink

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Crssi - 2015-06-18

Yeee... you are THE MAN Smile... going to download now and test it.

You should be able to pick a play list where you would pick a background for a menu item. Like with widgets might have to go out and back in to get the play lists to show up.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - Crssi - 2015-06-18

OK... tried out, but I didnt get it, I have tried a few combinations. It looks like it doesnt work as I did expected. Wink

What I expected here is like this (correct me if I am wrong):
I go to "Customise Main Menu" and select smartplaylist on "Select Background"
I go to "Customise Main Menu" and select smartplaylist on "Select Widget", where is widgets are configured as "Use classic widget style" and "only display widgets when pressing up"

So in this case expected result would be as follows:
When in particular menu (configured as explained few lines up), the background funart would rotate every few seconds (lets say 10seconds) from smartplaylist selected as "Select Background". Smartplaylist has filtered non-intrusive/child proof media in my case.
When pressing UP key, the widged is shown with entries from selectet smartplaylist on "Select WIdged". Smartplaylist has last few (configurable) newly added media in my case.

cheers

p.s. In the proces I have found one typo:
On settings -> Skin settings -> Home, you have on the right "Customise home menu"... pay attention on "S" char in "customiSe"
When entering the dialog says: "Customize Main Menu"... pay attention on "Z" char in "customiZe"

Enable replace widget fanart with slideshow option in skin settings

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - mark2112 - 2015-06-18

Getting this on all extended info screens .

RE: Arctic: Zephyr - im85288 - 2015-06-18

(2015-06-18, 04:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: Coming Soon...

Here are some of the new style changes coming to the info/extendedinfo screens. Movies/Shows/ExtendedInfo are done. Just need to do the other ones now (programs, addons, music, pvr).

watch gallery

Nice, will you be incorporating the auto complete feature provided by the same script?