Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ustvnow - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ustvnow (/showthread.php?tid=100205)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - TOMillr - 2013-09-02

I'm curious to know if anyone has gotten the RTSP streaming format to work for live streams?

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - RGB_Gamer - 2013-09-02

I also can't get RTSP to work forclive TV. I try to activate a live stream and it does nothing...

I have a paid account and no matter what, I can't get recordings /live TV to work with a higher bitrate than 400kbps without stuttering, and I have a 30mbps connection (not downloading anything either). Anyone else have this issue?

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - Clobber - 2013-09-02

(2013-09-02, 16:20)RGB_Gamer Wrote: I also can't get RTSP to work forclive TV. I try to activate a live stream and it does nothing...

I have a paid account and no matter what, I can't get recordings /live TV to work with a higher bitrate than 400kbps without stuttering, and I have a 30mbps connection (not downloading anything either). Anyone else have this issue?

No, thats strange to me. I get about 40mbps throughput on my Internet connection and don't usually have any problems the recordings using RTSP. It always stuttered/jerked when I tried to play them with RTMP. So make sure you are using RTSP.

Regarding the live streams of RTSP, my guess is they just dont support that.

@Clobber

Do you have a VPN configured for whatever device you have playing XBMC/ustvnow?

Both live streams and recordings stutter above 400kbps. When I try viewing recordings with RSTP, it juat says "working"...

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - Clobber - 2013-09-02

(2013-09-02, 18:39)RGB_Gamer Wrote: @Clobber

Do you have a VPN configured for whatever device you have playing XBMC/ustvnow?

Both live streams and recordings stutter above 400kbps. When I try viewing recordings with RSTP, it juat says "working"...

Nope - no VPN configured. I do have one, but dont usually use it because it limits bandwidth so much.

Now - there are occasionally times when I have "stuttering" with all my streaming applications (ustvnow, icefilms, etc). I don't know what to really call it, but I can see each video with slight pauses. Others might not even pick up on it, but it annoys me. A restart of XMBC solves that.

Also - I can only tell you the recordings worked about a week ago. I have not recorded anything to check for you now.

@Clobber

Are you in the USA? what device do you use to watch ustvnow? I use a G-Box Midnight 2.2

I only have stuttering issues with ustvnow...sux cuz I am getting rid of Comcast. 400Kbps looks like a low quality YouTube video - not terrible, but a big difference from highest quality ustvnow bitrate. Also if I pause for any more than a minute or rewind, it hangs.

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - TOMillr - 2013-09-02

(2013-09-02, 18:27)Clobber Wrote: Regarding the live streams of RTSP, my guess is they just dont support that.
Hm, then what's the point of having the toggle in the settings menu in the first place? Huh

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - Astro2004 - 2013-09-03

Stopped using it after they reduced the bit rate to 400. If they had better rates for their service I might pay if the quality was high. But there is noway I am paying them that when I can pay less for actual cable.

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - RGB_Gamer - 2013-09-03

Astro2004,

Are you saying thqt maximum bitrate is 400kbps even with a paid account?

RE: [RELEASE] ustvnow - spanktastic2120 - 2013-09-03

(2013-09-02, 19:19)RGB_Gamer Wrote: Also if I pause for any more than a minute or rewind, it hangs.

This is just the nature of live streams in xbmc. If you bring up the video OSD while its playing you can see the total time increases by a second for every second you watch it, so xbmc sees it as an ever increasing video. So if you pause it, it will buffer however much data you have or dont have set in advancedsettings.xml for that, and then try and play it back when you hit play. But the live stream has since gone way past that point and when it tries to get the next second of data its nowhere to be found. Same goes for rewind, it assumes that it can request a previous time from the video source but it cant, so it will fail. If you let it sit for about a minute or so it should time-out on trying to work and just stop playing video.

No every type of stream does that. YouTube I can pause practically indefinitely.

Seems the ustvnow needs a serious update. I wish I coud fast forward through commercials in ustvnow recordings.

(2013-09-03, 21:13)RGB_Gamer Wrote: No every type of stream does that. YouTube I can pause practically indefinitely.

Seems the ustvnow needs a serious update. I wish I coud fast forward through commercials in ustvnow recordings.

a LIVE stream from youtube or just a youtube video?

Oh just a regular YouTube video. I don't do live streaming from YouTube. With ustvnow I still have issues with pausing/fast forwarding recorded shows.

(2013-09-03, 21:34)RGB_Gamer Wrote: Oh just a regular YouTube video. I don't do live streaming from YouTube. With ustvnow I still have issues with pausing/fast forwarding recorded shows.

I dont have a paid account or have a need for recordings so i dont know how they function for ustvnow. On the actual website can you use them just fine?

Ustvnow works fine on everything except XBMC. They work fine on my phone and PC