Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Dharma - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: XeeBo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] XeeBo - Dharma (/showthread.php?tid=100334)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- Hitcher - 2011-04-29

grajen3 Wrote:hah, I must say that not showing screenshots was good move Hitcher! You're clever beast hunting people to use Your skins ;D

The "look" not really in my taste, but the "feel" ... You definitely are grand master in skinning guild!
I can't take all the credit as this built from Wir3d's Boxee skin and some of that was coded by Jexx_Z.

dormamu Wrote:What is the minimum xbmc version required for the skin? Nightly?
It's built solely for 10.1.

Stranger Wrote:I'm confused. Is this a side 'side' project? (considering the 360/metro inspired skin you appeared to be working on) Is it a favour for someone or due to popular demand? Why didn't you recreate the current boxee? (boxee alpha was a disaster)
1. Metro is on a very long hold.

2. Someone else is working on the current Boxee.

3. I had some spare time before another project started and remembered Wir3d released this a few years ago.

Jezz_X Wrote:Nice work hitcher few things I noticed though
* None of the views wrap top to bottom or bottom to top. Intentional?
* No mouse pointer at all even though it should work pretty good
* The Recommended items are blank am I missing a script or its just not workin gyet ?
1. Intentional. I've tried to make sure no control wraps so you can hold a button down without overshooting.

2. I had such a problem with the left menu and panel controls using a mouse that I removed it altogether.

3. RandomItems script is needed but if you switch skin it doesn't run until you reboot or press select on it.

sialivi Wrote:This is very odd.

1) I switched the skin to XeeBo and noticed that 2 thumbnails were missing on the homescreen.
2) I restarted XBMC, and now nearly all thumbnails were missing on the homescreen, including those that were working before I restarted.
3) I switched to Confluence and saw no thumbnail problems.
4) I switched to Alaska Revisited and saw no thumbnail problems.
5) Switched back to XeeBo, the same 2 thumbnails that were missing in step 1 was again missing.
6) Restarted XBMC and now nearly all thumbnails were again missing like in step 2

The logfile is filled with entries like this:
23:43:23 T:5408 M:2356768768 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/6/auto-6526cd1e.tbn

Does anyone know if there's a thumbnail bug in the latest nightly build or is this a problem with the skin?
This isn't for Nightly builds.

dgsgc Wrote:I dont have any scripts and my recomended has started filling in once i restarted xbmc.

Noticed a bug with the RSS feed, when you open the left hand menu it scrolls over the logo and there appears to be a few pixels on the right hand side where it starts. My screen does have some funky overscan issues which i have to correct with XBMC so not sure if thats the prob though.

And the close option doesnt seem to work.
It's meant hide underneath the logo but you can see this when it fades.

What close option?

Jezz_X Wrote:Your right the script call is probably in startup.xml worked if the skin is loaded after a reboot
Yes, I didn't want it changing every time you entered Home so I set it to load on boot or when you press it.

- dgsgc - 2011-04-29

Sorry i think i may be being a bit of a numpty, im guessing the close is to close the window not xbmc. Ive got used to having the quit command in the shutdown screen that i assumed it was that.

- Jezz_X - 2011-04-29

Hitcher Wrote:1. Intentional. I've tried to make sure no control wraps so you can hold a button down without overshooting.
jmarshall has already fixed this in the code holding down until it hits the end will not auto wrap

- sialivi - 2011-04-29

Jezz_X Wrote:sialivi without looking at the code Its probably because it needs a git version of xbmc and your running dharma

Nah, I mentioned running the latest nightly

Hitcher Wrote:This isn't for Nightly builds.

Too bad, might be good to add that to the first post

- Hitcher - 2011-04-29

Jezz_X Wrote:jmarshall has already fixed this in the code holding down until it hits the end will not auto wrap
Cheers, will change it.
sialivi Wrote:Nah, I mentioned running the latest nightly

Too bad, might be good to add that to the first post
Changed.

- Stranger - 2011-04-29

Hitcher Wrote:1. Metro is on a very long hold.

2. Someone else is working on the current Boxee.

3. I had some spare time before another project started and remembered Wir3d released this a few years ago.

Exactly what I was hoping, Thank You!

- buzz_kill - 2011-04-29

This is a super sleek skin. Would totally use it if I wasn't so in love with my fan art. Good work as always Hitcher!

- Hitcher - 2011-04-29

buzz_kill Wrote:This is a super sleek skin. Would totally use it if I wasn't so in love with my fan art. Good work as always Hitcher!
Thanks.

It's designed to be a more accessible, functional skin rather than a glamorous one.

eXisTa Wrote:I also tested it on the Apple TV 2 and it seems very fluid.
Can you give me some more feedback on controlling it using the Apple remote please?

I've tried to make sure that you can access everything with as few buttons as possible.

- Hitcher - 2011-04-29

Jezz_X Wrote:* No mouse pointer at all even though it should work pretty good

If you have any spare time perhaps you could have a look for me please?

Here's the original textures -

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19745842/mouse.zip

I couldn't navigate the main left menu properly or get focus in the views.

Thanks.

EDIT: The views are working now actually so I'm not sure what was wrong before but it's still the main menu and also the view sub menus that mess up.

- Dannydeman - 2011-04-29

Can we have some screenshots please? I know it looks a lot like Boxee, but am curious none the less Smile

- Hitcher - 2011-04-29

- Hitcher - 2011-04-29

- Hitcher - 2011-04-29

- AaronD - 2011-04-29

I really like the way the functions have text descriptions as well as icons, for example the video OSD. I think this will make it more intuitive to use for new users.

- wimpy - 2011-04-29

First impressions are very good. Great work Hitcher Smile

Only thing that makes me not use it atm is the lack of my personal likings of views. This is however not a critisism towards the skin as it's a boxee-type skin Smile

Still.. Great!