Mascot Contest - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Mascot Contest (/showthread.php?tid=100434)
Mascot Contest - natethomas - 2011-04-30 08:33
Team XBMC is interested in finding a mascot for XBMC. To that end, we have decided to have a competition in which you, the user, can submit drawings for what you think an ideal mascot would be.
Can you make the XBMC Mascot?
The winner will receive a Nyxboard Hybrid Remote and an OpenELEC HTPC with XBMC pre-installed from Pulse-Eight, along with an XBMC t-shirt. If you’d like, one of the Team members can sign the computer, the t-shirt, or random other items, like shipping boxes and small, furry animals. And if you’d like your winnings to have any resale value at all, you can ask us politely to refrain from signing them.
Second place will receive a Nyxboard Hybrid Remote from Pulse-Eight and an XBMC t-shirt.
Third place will receive an XBMC t-shirt.
Everyone else will receive an imaginary high five!
Artists…, start your engines.
Some simple contest rules:
1. Once you’re done, upload your design to your favourite photosharing site of choice and post the link to this forum thread. You can enter multiple times if you like. We recommend flickr as a photosharing site for their excellent copyright options.
2. Ideally you’d use vector graphics to allow your mascot to scale, but it’s not essential. Keep any preview images to something less than 600px or so.
3. You have until Friday, June 3rd at 12PM, Central Standard Time to submit. If there are not enough entries by then we may have to extend the contest; also, if nothing is found suitable, then the mascot may not be adopted by the team – prizes will be granted either way. The winner will be announced on Monday, June 13th.
4. You’re designing a mascot for XBMC, so if you are selected as the winner, you’ll need to transfer the ownership/copyright of the design and image(s) to the XBMC foundation. Obviously you’ll still get full credit for your creation.
5. We’re looking for original designs – please don’t submit something that isn’t your own work – make sure you have the right to all the artwork used in your design.
Finally, good luck, we are excited to see your submissions!
- pike - 2011-05-02 23:26
open for posts!
- htpc guy - 2011-05-03 01:17
Are you looking for the XBMC logo to be included in with the mascot?
I am looking forward to this. You can definitely count on at least one submission from me (if not more).
- jmarshall - 2011-05-03 01:24
The logo doesn't have to be incorporated, no. It can be incorporated if you want to though - up to you!
- h.udo - 2011-05-03 02:20
Good luck to all the artists. Unfortunately, it's not my area of expertise.
- paul - 2011-05-03 04:23
Will this mascot replace the existing logo, shame my graphics skills are not up to the job otherwise i would have won easily
- pancus - 2011-05-03 04:36
Here's my submission, a tomato frog. They're all fat and stuff.
Done in illustrator.
- a100percentnoob - 2011-05-03 07:00
Here's another one. It's all stormy and stuff.
Here's the link.
- tezzatheman - 2011-05-03 12:57
My attempt. I thought something kinda cute would be good, to try and attract more 'mainstream' attention, so I went with 'XBMC Bear'. My reasoning was that Android is recognised by the Google Android design, so having something similar would be beneficial.
- pettson3816 - 2011-05-03 13:34
a100percentnoob Wrote:Here's another one. It's all stormy and stuff.
Holy shit man! That's the one!
The XBMC Shark - tetzuoshima - 2011-05-03 14:55
Just for fun I did my own little mascot or logo or something, had fun doing it!
The XBMC Shark
xbmc mascot - dzags - 2011-05-03 15:03
I'm not artistic at all, but I still wanted to contribute...
The TV bellied XBMC robot!
- lehite - 2011-05-03 18:43
tezzatheman Wrote:My attempt. I thought something kinda cute would be good, to try and attract more 'mainstream' attention, so I went with 'XBMC Bear'. My reasoning was that Android is recognised by the Google Android design, so having something similar would be beneficial.
I like this idea. Not sure if I like the color. Seems a little too cute to me also. I do, however, think you're on the right track.
I say you should submit a few more designs.
- joebrady - 2011-05-03 18:50
I like Pike's bear.
Panda Bear Logo - bignab - 2011-05-03 18:52
Here's minimal black and white mascot/logo with the XBMC on it. The second is just a variation of the first.
I was thinking Panda Bear just cause how laid back they are. Its how I feel when I sitting back watching my XBMC with my remote. It would make a nice plushie too. I can build up on it if you have any suggestions.