Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

- pkscout - 2011-09-08

It looks like TNT has radically changed the way it is serving video. Now some episodes of some shows (and all episodes of others) require you to authenticate as a cable subscriber before you can watch them. It looks like eventually the episodes become available for everyone, but it isn't clear that will happen for every show. Freecable shows the listings fine but obviously can't play episodes that require the authentication. Not sure if that can be done within the plugin, so it might be worth having the TNT channel only show the videos not requiring authentication.

The good news for those of you who subscribe to cable is that you can watch stuff on the TNT web site the next day. For those of us not subscribing to cable or satellite, the TNT web site might not be a viable option anymore. At least most of what I watch on TNT is available from amazon.com.

- chrisc983 - 2011-09-09

Sorry if this has been answered already but I'm new to xbmc. Is their a way to add a section for your favorite shows so you don't have to go through all of the sub categories to get to your shows?

If it matters I'm using a JB ATV2 with xbmc. Thanks.

- BlueCop - 2011-09-09

pkscuot: that is disappointing. I don't have cable so I can't really add support right now. Sharing online log-ins was made illegal in my state this past year. It is rather disappointing.article

They won't even sell me a service I want. I can't get HBO GO. I can't get TNT. I would pay them for online services but I am sure as hell never getting cable again. I hate commercials and hence live tv with a passion.

chrisc983: no it isn't currently possible. I need to add a favorite boolean to the showdb and do a new listing.

- pkscout - 2011-09-09

BlueCop Wrote:pkscuot: that is disappointing. I don't have cable so I can't really add support right now.

That's fine, I wasn't really expecting it. I don't have cable either. It would be nice to exclude the "paywall" content from the directory listing. If you're just doing screen scrapping, it looks like content that is behind the paywall has a little icon and text that says "unlock to view"

For now I just went back to watching the two TNT shows I watch via Amazon. Yea, it's paying the man one way or the other, but it's less than the cost of a cable subscription. Wink

- eriqjaffe - 2011-09-09

BlueCop Wrote:chrisc983: no it isn't currently possible. I need to add a favorite boolean to the showdb and do a new listing.
You can kinda-sorta work around that by scraping FreeCable sources into the TV library with the xbmc.MyLibrary script. The downside(s) is that it's not a "live" thing, you have to run it periodically to keep the library up-to-date. Also, the script only runs in Windows, although I've been able to run the script on my XP laptop and then copy the .strm files that get created to a Linux system and update its database. Just an extra step.

- shanewilliams - 2011-09-09

BlueCop Wrote:pkscuot: that is disappointing. I don't have cable so I can't really add support right now. Sharing online log-ins was made illegal in my state this past year. It is rather disappointing.article

They won't even sell me a service I want. I can't get HBO GO. I can't get TNT. I would pay them for online services but I am sure as hell never getting cable again. I hate commercials and hence live tv with a passion.

chrisc983: no it isn't currently possible. I need to add a favorite boolean to the showdb and do a new listing.

Wow, I always thought we had horrible cable services here in Mississippi. You just killed my desire to live in memphis! Lol

- BlueCop - 2011-09-09

pkscuot Wrote:That's fine, I wasn't really expecting it. I don't have cable either. It would be nice to exclude the "paywall" content from the directory listing. If you're just doing screen scrapping, it looks like content that is behind the paywall has a little icon and text that says "unlock to view"

For now I just went back to watching the two TNT shows I watch via Amazon. Yea, it's paying the man one way or the other, but it's less than the cost of a cable subscription. Wink

I am not actually getting the pay wall content listed in tnt. are you saying it is listing those episodes unavailable to you? I only get the men of a certain age for full episode listing.

shanewilliams: it is the state legislature. it was taken over by idiots during the faux libertarian tea party crap. They have tried multiply times recently to make it legal for you to carry a gun in a bar. They think this is a personal freedom that shouldn't be infringed. Yet someone using a login with permission of the owner is illegal. Our politicians are the transparently corrupt because they fold their ideology any chance they can.

I gave up on Tennessee when I saw the legislature redefine science so they could accept international nuclear waste(from germany so far). Certain materials with high half lifes could not be disposed here. They did an average half life by mixing them together with a shorter half life material. Unfortunately it does not work that way. Now we get more highly radioactive material in our state because the legislature says its ok.

Edit: Sorry for the rants. I am easily diverted and generally angry about something.

- ClayM - 2011-09-09

BlueCop Wrote:they don't for me.

please post details about your setup if you are trying to solve a problem. platform, build etc.

9/9 is doing it as well.

Running XBMC 10.1 (3/9/2011 build) on a Zotax Zbox.

- BlueCop - 2011-09-09

ClayM: It is a problem with playback not the plugin. It is something with your xbmc setup. My ion box, atv2, ipad, mac and windows pc play them back fine.

disable hardware acceleration in the settings and see how it plays. It is curious because I have an ion box that plays them back beautiful.

edit: oh it is an amd box. does it have accelleration?

- BlueCop - 2011-09-10

I was able to get comedy central stations working again using a rtmpdump patch from here. http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/rtmpdump/2011-September/001578.html

seems it will accept swf type 1 if sent.

update: the non working CDNs in hulu work with this patch. they all work for me now.

- mrdally204 - 2011-09-10

Cool! What do we do with the patch lol. I'd love to get things going again comedy central style, and pass the info over to the guys at xbmc4xbox to stay current

- rcc - 2011-09-11

pkscuot Wrote:It looks like TNT has radically changed the way it is serving video. Now some episodes of some shows (and all episodes of others) require you to authenticate as a cable subscriber before you can watch them.
TBS has done the same. :mad:
But, The full Conan episodes are still available at teamcoco.com without the authentication thingy.

BlueCop: Could you please make a script for the Conan episodes? Wink

- pkscout - 2011-09-11

BlueCop Wrote:I am not actually getting the pay wall content listed in tnt. are you saying it is listing those episodes unavailable to you? I only get the men of a certain age for full episode listing.

No, I'm just checked not getting listings for anything behind the paywall. I just realized that I didn't find out about this issue until I went to watch an episode of R&I that I had scanned into my library using XBMC.MyLibrary. So the stream pointer got in my library a couple of days before TNT changed the site. When I went to play it I got a script error because the stream wasn't valid anymore.

So it looks like FreeCable is doing what it's suppose to be doing with TNT and showing only the publicly available stuff.

- blueseeka - 2011-09-12

BlueCop Wrote:I am not actually getting the pay wall content listed in tnt. are you saying it is listing those episodes unavailable to you? I only get the men of a certain age for full episode listing.

shanewilliams: it is the state legislature. it was taken over by idiots during the faux libertarian tea party crap. They have tried multiply times recently to make it legal for you to carry a gun in a bar. They think this is a personal freedom that shouldn't be infringed. Yet someone using a login with permission of the owner is illegal. Our politicians are the transparently corrupt because they fold their ideology any chance they can.

I gave up on Tennessee when I saw the legislature redefine science so they could accept international nuclear waste(from germany so far). Certain materials with high half lifes could not be disposed here. They did an average half life by mixing them together with a shorter half life material. Unfortunately it does not work that way. Now we get more highly radioactive material in our state because the legislature says its ok.

Edit: Sorry for the rants. I am easily diverted and generally angry about something.

LOL - We all are. Thanks for all your hard work bluecop

- bodhi - 2011-09-14

There goes Tennessee Sad