Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

- Dr Moro - 2012-02-23

I´ve installed the addon on ipad, many channels like cbs, send error while loading programs, is this because playing on the ipad?

- mrdally204 - 2012-02-23

Dr Moro,
If you are asking for help you need to provide details. We need at minimum a log file and version/build of XBMC you are using. Exact shows, what country you live in all can play part in what you are seeing. The more you can provide the better/easier it is for everyone to get you working.

- YaSs3r37 - 2012-02-23

I installed the Repo in my addons
yet I cant find it in my videos addon section afterwards.
any ideas?

- supasly11 - 2012-02-25

bharath23 Wrote:I was wondering if any one noticed that at least for ABC the list of episodes arent updating. Two shows Pan Am and Once Upon a Time have new episodes on the website but not through the plugin.

I too am experiencing this issue on my AppleTV XBMC setup. Is this all a moot point now that BlueCop is no longer servicing the updates?

Any and all help would be appreciated. BlueCop, thanks for all of your hard work!

- dkozinn - 2012-02-25

I've just finished installing Free Cable and I can't seem to get any shows to actually display. For my testing, I've mostly been trying to see if I can get a full episode of The Amazing Race from CBS. It goes through the menus to the point where I can select "Full Episodes", then I get an error popped up on the screen (not enough displays to be of any use) and that's as far as I get.

I've put up my debug log at pastebin and from what little I can tell, it seems to be complaining about curl being unable to fetch a directory.

At that point, I've already gone through several levels so I'd think it's not an Internet access problem (and I have been able to install plugins over the Internet, run the TedTalks plugin, and others).

I'm currently running 10.1 Dharma under Ubuntu which I installed from the Live CD.

What other info can I provide, and is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot?

Thanks.

- bharath23 - 2012-02-25

Sad to see that BC's work is ending. I have always boasted to people about XBMC's prowess showing them the work done by you. ESPN3/Hulu and Free Cable. Hope you return back.

- dkozinn - 2012-02-26

I didn't realize the BC is stopping, very sorry to hear that.

Any chance anyone else can point me in the right direction to debug my problem, posted a couple of messages back.

- supasly11 - 2012-02-27

supasly11 Wrote:I too am experiencing this issue on my AppleTV XBMC setup. Is this all a moot point now that BlueCop is no longer servicing the updates?

Any and all help would be appreciated. BlueCop, thanks for all of your hard work!

As an alternative to the FreeCable plugin, I was able to use Navi-X for the ABC videos as the links are updated. Just passing this along to others if needed.

- binarybomber - 2012-02-27

Last I heard, BC had decided to continue development...but of course I am not him, so I wouldn't know!

I was hoping we would be able to get TheWB.com added to FreeCable, there are several great shows on that site that aren't anywhere else. Nixa's Sparetime repo has KidsWB that apparently still scrapes some of them, though not all. Might be a good starting place...

- dynaflash - 2012-02-27

BlueCop: If you were to abandon FreeCable ... any chance you would give permission for someone to fork it ? I understand if not. Just figure if its gonna die on the vine ... maybe you'd allow some others to carry on if possible ?

- mrdally204 - 2012-02-27

dynaflash,

as far as I know (again not bluecop himself) he is ready and willing to accept any kinds of additions/patches to his add ons as people are willing to give them. I made a few very minor changes months back to allow for Xbox compatibility. Bluecop not only took my changes, he made it work for Xbox going forward and offered me access to his Repo. I declined as I have little/no python experience, barely enough to troubleshoot the log file to fix the xbox issues. I guess the point I am making is if you wish to contribute to the add on/ANY XBMC add on, I think he (and any Dev really) is more than open to it!

- dynaflash - 2012-02-27

I get that and thanks! But in this case last I heard he was closing down the repo so I didn't know if he was just abandoning it altogether.

- BlueCop - 2012-02-27

Sorry I am continuing to work on it. It needs a few fixes and I wanted to fix the show db.

I am reworking the show db and station code to support library export. It will export your favorite list from all shows.

I am trying to make a few changes so it will be easier to maintain as well.

If anyone wants to do any work on it then let me know. I can add them to the repo so they can commit.

- dynaflash - 2012-02-27

BlueCop Wrote:Sorry I am continuing to work on it. It needs a few fixes and I wanted to fix the show db.

I am reworking the show db and station code to support library export. It will export your favorite list from all shows.

If anyone wants to do any work on it then let me know. I can add them to the repo so they can commit.
Fantastic BlueCop and thanks so much! Best plugin I have (no offense at your other ones, but this one has the whole kitchen including the sink Wink ) .

- dkozinn - 2012-02-27

BlueCop Wrote:Sorry I am continuing to work on it. It needs a few fixes and I wanted to fix the show db.

I'm sure happy to hear that work will be continuing. Would issues with the show db be causing the issues that I reported a few messages up? (message 620 in this thread).