Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

- PatrickBateman - 2012-02-29

binarybomber Wrote:Bluecop you are awesome! Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this and the other addons in your repo! I use almost all of them and they're all great! DEFINATELY, you are the dev that really helps make XBMC live up to its full potential! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

From me too.
Thanks blue cop and from the other half too, she loves watching her girly shows when I'm out (as I don't watch them when I'm in) so thanks from her too.

I hope you continue the amazing work that you do.

- swd72000 - 2012-02-29

Hi Bluecop, loving your work. I have one small problem though. I get an error when trying to open A&E but the other channels seem to be working ok.
Anyone else having this problem?
I can upload my log file later this evening if that helps.
Thanks for your hard work.
Edit: to say this applies to both ATV2 and iPad 1. Yet to test on Macbook Pro.

- BlueCop - 2012-02-29

PatrickBateman: I will continue if you promise not to murder me to Huey Lewis. Tongue

swd72000: I will take a look if you post some logs. It seems to be working here.

I committed an update to include 2 new stations.

The WB
and
The Biography Channel

I am going to focus on redoing the core of the plugin and how it works. It isn't very good but what I was able to do at the time. It is mainly for caching support and library exporting.

- konoimo - 2012-03-01

been using this and i'm enjoying it so much.
thanks BlueCop! for all the efforts.

- mrdally204 - 2012-03-01

BlueCop Wrote:I am going to focus on redoing the core of the plugin and how it works. It isn't very good but what I was able to do at the time. It is mainly for caching support and library exporting.

Is there any chance you can comment some code as you redo the add on (or something similar to help a learner). I am most interested in the add ons you do and would love to learn a bit from them, possibly contribute in the future. If not I understand as it is more work on an already overworked programmer Smile Please let me know your thoughts.

- binarybomber - 2012-03-01

BlueCop Wrote:I committed an update to include 2 new stations.

The WB
and
The Biography Channel

Once again, Bluecop comes through with awesomeness! Thank you sir!

- PatrickBateman - 2012-03-01

BlueCop Wrote:PatrickBateman: I will continue if you promise not to murder me to Huey Lewis. Tongue

swd72000: I will take a look if you post some logs. It seems to be working here.

The WB
and
The Biography Channel

I am going to focus on redoing the core of the plugin and how it works. It isn't very good but what I was able to do at the time. It is mainly for caching support and library exporting.

Huey Lewis... Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?
*grabs axe*

They're too black sounding for me... Laugh

Thanks for all the updates and eagerly anticipating the core update, this in an incredible piece of kit and we love it! Without it i'd have less cosy nights in, a signigicantly less happy other half, and a very untidy cutlery drawer Smile ... Technically speaking, it's entirely plausible that you're actually satisfying more of my GFs needs than I am Stare ...

*grabs axe again - presses play on cd player*

- supasly11 - 2012-03-01

BlueCop Wrote:supasly11: ABC isn't updating their rss feeds anymore. I will just change over to site scraping.

Thanks for all the work that you do BlueCop! Like some others here, my better half very much appreciates being able to watch all her shows.

I updated to 0.2.8 today and the ABC shows are still not updated. Is this something you will include on the next fix with site scraping?

Thanks in advance!

- jmadonald - 2012-03-01

BlueCop Wrote:Sorry should be fixed now. I screwed up the station list because my version actually has more test stations. I manually added amc to the list and put a , instead of a :

awesome. works great now.

- brookz - 2012-03-01

Thank you for the update! great work on all your plugins!!!

- PatrickBateman - 2012-03-01

Hey BC,

Would it be possible to add a feature to the plugin that allows use to "hide" channels that don't work for us for one reason or another?

For example,
I've just quickly gone though a few and noticed that these shows don't work for me at all and never really have.

Vh1
USA
Tv land
The wb
The cw
Syfy
History
MTV
AMc
Abc family
bio
Comedy central

Others work fine such as
nBc
AE
Abc
Bravo
Cbs

I think it's just Ip restrictions etc, but it would be great to hide the ones I can't access.

Not sure if it's possible, I don't mind manually hiding them with a switch etc, but it's not essential and just and idea...

Thanks again for all the work, we really appreciate it Nod

- swd72000 - 2012-03-01

BlueCop Wrote:PatrickBateman: I will continue if you promise not to murder me to Huey Lewis. Tongue

The WB
and
The Biography Channel

Hi BC.

I have done a fresh instal on my iPhone and added your plugin. Still no joy with ios although it did work on my mac.

Log file uploaded here: http://pastebin.com/9XczsnfP

Added the log file for my iPad too. That suffers errors trying to open A&E too. Log here: http://pastebin.com/w5GcSdi4

Thanks

- teefer22 - 2012-03-01

PatrickBateman:

The way that I remove the channels that don't work is I open up the following file:

....\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\resources\lib\_common.py

and then scroll down until you find the section that looks like this:
site_dict = {'ABC': 'abc',
#'ABC Family':'abcfamily',
'CBS': 'cbs',
'NBC': 'nbc',
'USA': 'usa',
#'SyFy': 'syfy',
#'The CW':'thecw',
'Spike':'spike',
'A&E':'aetv',
#'MTV Shows':'mtv',
#'VH1 Shows':'vh1',
#'TNT': 'tnt',
#'TBS': 'tbs',

Then put a # in front of the ones you want to hide. You'll notice some channels already have a # in front of them that bluecop has been hiding also (probably because they are broken).

Keep in mind that anytime bluecop does an update and bumps up the version number, this will get reset back to bluecop's settings. But I actually like it that way because then I know I need to go look at what's new and what works and what doesn't work and I update it again.

Hope that helps.

- springroll - 2012-03-01

Hi All
First of all, great work, BlueCop! I have only started using XBMC in the last few weeks but am fully enjoying the experience.

In addition to what people were saying about the ABC shows not updating, I have another ABC-related issue that I'd also like to report that the full episodes on ABC seem to only play for about 10-15 minutes (or sometime shorter) until they decide to just abruptly stop and return to the episodes menu. It has been happening for about 1.5 weeks; it's bizzare because previously I could watch the first episode of "The River" (which is on ABC) without an issue.
It's worth noting that I reside in Canada and understand that there are sites that geo-block contents, with that said, The River episode 1 on ABC worked before without proxy set up, but now the episodes would only play for a short period. Perhaps it IS a geo-blocking cause after all, but I'd like to confirm that whether other people within the US are having the same problem with ABC.

All the shows on NBC have been working great, by the way. Check out Awake if you haven't!

- teefer22 - 2012-03-01

springroll: I'm in Canada and I just watched the entire 43 minute episode #1 of the river without issue. I know that doesn't really help you specifically, other than it doesn't seem to be a geo-blocking type problem.