Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BlueCop - 2012-07-10

binarybomber: which shows on abc and cbs shows weren't working for you?

It also looks like FOX and possibly FX are coming back.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - binarybomber - 2012-07-10

Hey Hey BlueCop!!! Good to see your back, and hope you're feeling well!

Just FYI, I just sorta ran through the plugin this afternoon and checked several shows, but I didn't check everything.
With ABC, I had trouble with AFV, Cougartown, Gen. Hosp. Boston Med. There are a couple others I tried, but those are the ones that didn't work...I think.

With CBS, it was Let's Make A Deal, CBS Even. News, and I think there was one other but I can't remember what it what...a lot of help I know...

Again, I didn't try everything, I just sort of perused around trying to get a feel of how things were after I saw the last couple of posts in this thread...saw that several people were having issues, but nobody had posted anything very descriptive of what they were missing...

Hope this helps, and welcome back!...your dreams were your ticket out...sorry...
bb

binarybomber: thanks for the info. AFV and Gen Hospital RSS feeds are broken on the abc website. They simply don't list full episodes. I can't replicate with Cougar Town and Boston Med. They both list the same episodes available on the site.

The CBS "Let's Make A Deal" and "CBS Even. News" links are actually incorrect on the sites video page. They 404 even in a browser. I have it patch the proper urls it works correctly. It is kinda annoying though because it is truly a site problem.

There are alos issues with NYC-22 showing up as person of interest due to a incorrect ALT text. There are also some links from the video section that don't link to the video part of show page. "Dogs in the City" is an example of a series with this problem.

These CBS problems are just problems from the cbs site not linking to the proper place from the main video page. I wrote some code that should fix them all so they point to the correct places.

I have tried to contact a few of the station sites about other problems on their sites before. They have never been receptive.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - KJ31 - 2012-07-10

@ BlueCop could you sort CBS 48 hours Mystery out please, Seems like its pointed to this link http://www.cbs.com/shows/48_hours/, which cbs are not updating episodes anymore.
This is the new link that episodes get updated every week http://www.cbsnews.com/video/48hours/ (there are updated episodes and in total so far there is 290 episodes and will be more as it get's updated every week)

Thanks

KJ31: that problem will be harder to solve because they changed the hosting to cbsnews.com from cbs.com

I will have to look into cbsnews as a station because the cbs.com code can't list or resolve those videos.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - KJ31 - 2012-07-10

Thank you BlueCop very much appreciated, Good to have you back

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - ogboriqua231 - 2012-07-11

Good to have you back BlueCop!!!.... my favorite was A&E.... Firts 48...... overall this plugin is awesome!!... my girlfriend has become a free cable fanatic... stell well my friend... we need you!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - mrdally204 - 2012-07-11

I would like to ask for 2 features, some addons have it, some do not. The first is resume support. See this video for an example. Sometimes I lag out my stream and I'm forced to start at the begining. With some addons, it will ask to resume from the spot you left off. I do not recall seeing this in FreeCable. If its possible, please add it.

The second would be the ability to cache while you stream. I believe it is a new feature with the eden release where you can cache as you stream, helping to eliminate buffers, and possible dropouts Smile Possible with the free cable add on?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BlueCop - 2012-07-11

mrdally204: I believe caching while your stream on works for http streams. some of the episodes are http now so should work like this. rtmp streams do not function like this though. The resume should be supported in Free Cable. I resolve as with other plugins and it should all work. Let me know if it doesn't work somewhere.

I committed an update that will allow you to enable/disable any station. I did a bunch of fixes for various stations. I know there are probably still bugs though.

Bravo and Oxygen should be fairly major updates. NBC is also majorly redone. CBS has fixes. I forget some of the fixes. Nickelodeon has some fixes. ABC family i switched to a different CDN so should work correctly.

I disabled TV Land and VH1 by default. TV land is swfverify2 so they don't stream. VH1 is a newer handshake so will work if you have a cutting edge librtmp. You can enable any disabled stations in the settings and try them. Spike is disable because rtmp streams are failing. I need to investigate why. GSN is disabled but still works but isn't showing fresh content.

Teen Nick and Nick Toons aren't currently returning video links so are also disabled. They should work once their services come back up.

FOX and FX will not work. I thought they had another streaming options but they are DRM only.

Please detail any issues you have. Be specific and not general in your descriptions.

I am pushing this out to make it more usable since you can disable anything broken or things your don't use.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - mrdally204 - 2012-07-11

Thanks for the fast reply and immediate update Smile Its too bad rtmp streams do not work the same way with cache, would have been a nice feature. I will let you know how/if resume is working. It really has been some time since I used freecable (too much work), maybe I was mis-remembering. The needed librtmp for some stations you make references to, will you have these available for d/l as you have previously?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - jcaa6479 - 2012-07-11

Great to see that you`re back in action BC, thanks for the updateSmile Im really looking forward to the add to library function Smile

Keep up the good work!!

I was playing around in gimp and made a new icon.

I am not sure if I like it but I thought it was better then the old one. I like the font. It feels like an old TV set to me.

mrdally204: I am not really set up to compile the librtmp for all the platforms. I grab the latest KSV rtmpdump and use its librtmp.dll on windows. MAC, iOS and ATV2 are the problematic ones IMHO because you need xcode installed to compile. Linux source can just be downloaded and compiled from command line or some ppa repos.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - artrafael - 2012-07-11

Nice logo... gets my vote! The black-and-white image, along with the font, give it a nice retro look.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - JRock514 - 2012-07-11

Hi BlueCop...I personally love the logo.

I am a very new user, and having quite a few problems. I hope this is the right area to post. I did the available update, but still no luck. When i click on a channel, a directory loads up, it gives me the options of available progams, so I choose one, and the logo at the bottom right "working" starts spinning, but it quickly disappears and then an error message pops up; script failed!

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

JRock514
Forgot to mention I am using ATV2, Eden V.11.0

Thanks!

JRock514: specifics please. station, show, episode...

I can try to fix the problems. I need to be able to replicate it or know exactly what the problem is. This requires either me doing what you are so I can monitor the failure and fix the problem. If I can't do this then I need the xbmc log of the failure from you so I can know what is going on. wiki on xbmc log file