Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - JennB - 2012-08-19

Interesting...with absolutely no intervention at all, CBS is working again today. Sometimes computers are boggling. Thanks again for your time!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - artrafael - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-19, 22:34)JennB Wrote: Interesting...with absolutely no intervention at all, CBS is working again today. Sometimes computers are boggling. Thanks again for your time!
Possibly because of this if you have add-ons set to update automatically?
(2012-08-18, 21:17)BlueCop Wrote: I committed a fix for CBS. They just changed their setup slightly.

[split] FreeCable - CBS - karmaj - 2012-08-19

CBS script error in Freecable. ( I posted a log over on xbmchub). Content is updating, but when trying to stream I get a script failed error. The rest of the networks appear to be working fine. It looks like they changed their site -AGAIN Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - _RT_ - 2012-08-20

I'm curious if the request should be made here or in another spot.
Anyone chime in and give me some thoughts.

I'm curious if it's possible to have Free Cable merged with some sort of "tv guide". With random shows being added to various time slots for the appropriate channel.

Sometime I'm just in the mood to surf and right now that is challenging with the Free Cable app.

Thoughts?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - binarybomber - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 18:02)_RT_ Wrote: I'm curious if it's possible to have Free Cable merged with some sort of "tv guide".

Use PseudoTV...you can also export anything you want to your library with the XBMC.MyLibrary supplemental tool.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - angrycamel - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 18:34)binarybomber Wrote:
(2012-08-20, 18:02)_RT_ Wrote: I'm curious if it's possible to have Free Cable merged with some sort of "tv guide".

Use PseudoTV...you can also export anything you want to your library with the XBMC.MyLibrary supplemental tool.

My setup is just like you described. I've been making key enhancements to the MyLibrary code too over the past couple weeks to improve that whole stack. I can now populate many standard channels in PseudoTV with hours and hours of content all streaming for free from network websites. My goal is to eventually get the majority of my passive tv content into PseudoTV from streaming sources, then cut off cable.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - TJM1985 - 2012-08-20

That is amazing! Is it a lot of coding?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - angrycamel - 2012-08-20

I have been coding a lot lately as a great stress relief. It's a lot but not in a negative way if that makes sense.

BlueCop: how do you see your library save features comparing to the features of the MyLibrary tool? I'm curious if there will be duplication of efforts there that may not be necessary. Thoughts?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BlueCop - 2012-08-20

the difference for me is ease of use. I want to be able to do it with in xbmc.

I am not against anyone using mylibrary. I just dont like having ro run a seperate app. it is a great tool and very cool. I am just lazy about setting it up.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Eguchi-Harumi - 2012-08-20

I'm hoping someone would make a mod or script that can aggregate multiple shows in video addons into one playlist and ordered by date added. Makes it less tedious checking each show to see if new content is available.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - angrycamel - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-20, 22:29)BlueCop Wrote: the difference for me is ease of use. I want to be able to do it with in xbmc.

I am not against anyone using mylibrary. I just dont like having ro run a seperate app. it is a great tool and very cool. I am just lazy about setting it up.

Yep I can understand that and actually hope to help ease that configuration with something I'm working on now. I have wished though, that MyLibrary was built in Python at times so it could be setup as a service in XBMC. That being said, I appreciate that MyLibrary is written once and works with any plugin as opposed to each plugin having to develop that capability individually.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - spyder - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-21, 01:33)angrycamel Wrote:
(2012-08-20, 22:29)BlueCop Wrote: the difference for me is ease of use. I want to be able to do it with in xbmc.

Yep I can understand that and actually hope to help ease that configuration with something I'm working on now. I have wished though, that MyLibrary was built in Python at times so it could be setup as a service in XBMC. That being said, I appreciate that MyLibrary is written once and works with any plugin as opposed to each plugin having to develop that capability individually.
-BlueCop I was wondering if you were still developing an 'add to library' function for this with the success of using mylibrary for this. There are still some shows with full episodes that don't get put in the library.
-angrycamel I also wish it was as easy as 'context menu/add source to library'

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BlueCop - 2012-08-21

I am working on it. I just got distracted with other things lately. I really am annoyed by the differences in information available on each site.

I think ideally it should be a feature of xbmc. I think you should be able to set content on plugin directories or specific plugin items like you would a file source. Then you could just scan in what you wanted and xbmc could even supplement with their built in scanners. I never thought strm/nfo dumping would be the long term solution.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - bradvido88 - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-21, 04:05)BlueCop Wrote: I think ideally it should be a feature of xbmc. I think you should be able to set content on plugin directories or specific plugin items like you would a file source. Then you could just scan in what you wanted and xbmc could even supplement with their built in scanners. I never thought strm/nfo dumping would be the long term solution.

I agree. Ideally xbmc would be able to scan any plugin and all plugins could have an (optional) way to provide the meta-data that XBMC needs to add shit to the library.

There is always the problem of keeping the content updated and clean, however. This is why running MyLibrary as an external scheduled task or cron job works well for me.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - JennB - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-19, 23:04)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-08-19, 22:34)JennB Wrote: Interesting...with absolutely no intervention at all, CBS is working again today. Sometimes computers are boggling. Thanks again for your time!
Possibly because of this if you have add-ons set to update automatically?
(2012-08-18, 21:17)BlueCop Wrote: I committed a fix for CBS. They just changed their setup slightly.

Very possible. I'm not sure. I just assumed that the update committed was for Eden only. We are still running Dharma.

Either way, yay! Thanks for the response!