Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

Favourites: Sort by Name & Rightlist View? - Whitershores - 2011-10-25

I love the skin, new to XBMC, and have been scouring forum learning, tweaking, and loving XBMC. This is by far my favourite skin. However, there are 2 tweaks I did not find solutions to in my search and hoping they can either be implemented or suggestions to do it myself. Both tweaks concern the "Favourites" HomeScreen Menu Button. I have added all my video, music, and program addons as a favourite. I prefere to have everything in 1 place, kind of like having a central "apps" section like Boxee. Anyways, in doing this, there are 2 things I would like to add:

1. Add RightList View to the "Favourites" HomeScreen Menu button. I use the rightlist view for all sections (music, movies, games, etc.) and would like this consistency and aesthetic for the Favourites as well.

2. Allow "Favourites" Home Screen Menu Button to be able to sort by name. Currently, when you add a favourite, it only sorts by last added, and there is no way to change that. Alphabetical sorting by name would make it much easier to navigate.

Thank you in advance.

- butchabay - 2011-10-25

Sorry i don't think i'm understanding your request.
To say that you want to open a rightlist view when you click favourites on home?

- Whitershores - 2011-10-26

butchabay Wrote:Sorry i don't think i'm understanding your request.
To say that you want to open a rightlist view when you click favourites on home?

Correct. I have a Homescreen Main Menu Button for Favourites. When you "click it" there is no option to change the View or Sort. It is the only Main Menu Button missing this option.

Specifically, I added Navi-X (Program Addon), Pandora (Music Addon), and Youtube (Video Addon) as favourites. I can them access them from this "Favourites" Homescreen Main Menu Button. However, it would be nice to have them in Rightlist View and to be sorted by Name.

- GhostDog - 2011-10-26

butchabay Wrote:Ok, i'll post the xml when i'm at home or tomorrow.
An info button would be a nice addition indeed.
We'll see ... Smile
Cheers

That would be great. Thanks.

I was able to find a copy of the 2.05 skin, and I replaced the DialogFullScreenInfo.xml file. However, I noticed the plot info still shows when paused. Not sure which xml this is. I might figure it out before you comment. Smile

EDIT: Figured it out. DialogSeekBar.xml.

- SamHill - 2011-10-26

Hey Butchabay, in the interest of having an animated background, is it possible to have a video loop in the background similar to the full screen trailer option that plays behind the OSD?

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

SamHill Wrote:Hey Butchabay, in the interest of having an animated background, is it possible to have a video loop in the background similar to the full screen trailer option that plays behind the OSD?

You mean something like that: Wink

Already trying things to randomize and loop playlist on startup.

It's coming great along ...

Here a preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXlnoCutXfs

- ZombieRobot - 2011-10-26

butchabay Wrote:You mean something like that: Wink

Already trying things to randomize and loop playlist on startup.

It's coming great along ...

Here a preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXlnoCutXfs

Looks good butch are you having the same quality loss i was having? It wasin't bad but it was far from HD perfect

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

ZombieRobot Wrote:Looks good butch are you having the same quality loss i was having? It wasin't bad but it was far from HD perfect

It's not a multiimage control, it's a video playing! Laugh
So you can put inside fullhd clips ... i just have to find a way how to handle it. Maybe just creating a folder and put inside the video playlists.
Cheers

- ZombieRobot - 2011-10-26

ahh ok got it thats why you want it at startup

- PatrickBateman - 2011-10-26

Hey butcha,

Couple of Q's ..

Will we be seeing imdb ratings in all views soon, and where is the imdb logo you use for the skin as I'd like to change it to silver to blend in with the the rest of the skin info (is it in the uncompressed media folder)

Random ideas...
This is a bizarre question and probably very specific to me (so not worth thinking about) but is there anyway (when watching movies full screen) that we could enable a small window that would allow me to navigate xbmc in the small video window while the movie plays full screen. Basically an option that is almost a mirror to what we have at the moment.

Currently we have movie in small window xbmc full screen... Could we mirror/reverse it to have movie fullscreen and xbmc in a small video window? Or is that just not possible?

Also,
Instead of having the artist fanart on homescreen when playing, would it be possible to have that fanart show up in-between the spinning cd and the song titles (I think you put extra fanart there) but for those of us without extra fanart but who have standard fan art could we have an option to leave the wallpaper/background left as is, but display the fan art in the extended now playing bar.

Big Grin

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey butcha,

Couple of Q's ..

Will we be seeing imdb ratings in all views soon, and where is the imdb logo you use for the skin as I'd like to change it to silver to blend in with the the rest of the skin info (is it in the uncompressed media folder)

Random ideas...
This is a bizarre question and probably very specific to me (so not worth thinking about) but is there anyway (when watching movies full screen) that we could enable a small window that would allow me to navigate xbmc in the small video window while the movie plays full screen. Basically an option that is almost a mirror to what we have at the moment.

Currently we have movie in small window xbmc full screen... Could we mirror/reverse it to have movie fullscreen and xbmc in a small video window? Or is that just not possible?

Also,
Instead of having the artist fanart on homescreen when playing, would it be possible to have that fanart show up in-between the spinning cd and the song titles (I think you put extra fanart there) but for those of us without extra fanart but who have standard fan art could we have an option to leave the wallpaper/background left as is, but display the fan art in the extended now playing bar.

Big Grin

1. IMDB Logo is in Media Folder. As for IMDB Logo in all views, will take some time to do it. But is on my todo list.
2. You have ideas Smile... don't think it's possible !
3. Put fanart.jpg into your artist folder, that's the fanart image that will show in the extended now playing bar.

Cheers

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

ZombieRobot Wrote:ahh ok got it thats why you want it at startup

Yeah, the problem is whenever you start playing a movie or a song, it will stop. I want to try make it play whenever you return to home.
But i really don't know if it's possible. Smile

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-10-26

butchabay Wrote:Yeah, the problem is whenever you start playing a movie or a song, it will stop. I want to try make it play whenever you return to home.
But i really don't know if it's possible. Smile

Can you not retrigger the video with an <onfocus> command every time the home window gets focus?

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Can you not retrigger the video with an <onfocus> command every time the home window gets focus?

This is what i have on startup.xml, shouldn't be a problem to integrate it on home. But i don't get focus back once the player stops playing a video.

PHP Code:
<control type="button" id="11">
            <
description>trigger</description>
            <
onfocus>ReplaceWindow(Home)</onfocus>
            <
texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
            <
texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
            <
visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Use_Startup_Playlist)</visible>
        </
control>
        <
control type="button" id="11">
            <
description>trigger with startup Playlist</description>
            <
onfocus>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[Skin.String(Startup_Playlist_Path)],1)</onfocus>
            <
            <
            <
            <
visible>Skin.HasSetting(Use_Startup_Playlist)</visible>
        </
control

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-10-26

butchabay Wrote:This is what i have on startup.xml, shouldn't be a problem to integrate it on home. But i don't get focus back once the player stops playing a video.

PHP Code:
<control type="button" id="11">
            <
description>trigger</description>
            <
            <
            <
            <
visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Use_Startup_Playlist)</visible>
        </
control>
        <
control type="button" id="11">
            <
description>trigger with startup Playlist</description>
            <
onfocus>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[Skin.String(Startup_Playlist_Path)],1)</onfocus>
            <
            <
            <
            <
visible>Skin.HasSetting(Use_Startup_Playlist)</visible>
        </
control

Ah, I understand now. Does the background video window have any visibility conditions that you can check? (i.e. once media is finished the video window should hide - we can then check this condition and restart your playlist)