Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-02

butchabay Wrote:Ok i've commited the changes i've done for horizontal main menu.
Pat could you test it ?

Nice icons btw Smile Good job !

Will test it now ...

Movies sets too, brilliant Nod

@Butch'

Centred item is now centred Nod
However, the other items are still not correct, however if it can't be fixed then it's defiantly an improvement.?. Well kind of... It's defiantly centred but now the others look more, off?

For example, select "Music" as your centred text, then check the spacing between the "s" in videos and the "m" music and then the distance from the "c" in "music" and the "A" in "addons".

I've measured it again externally and it's a difference of about an inch.

Also,
The distance between the far left of the screen and the "v" in "videos" is less than the distance between the "s" in "addons" and the far right of the screen...

It also looks far whose when "power" is highlighted as a centre item with "system" on the left and "hd movies" on the right... There seems to be no symmetry?

Hmmm....

el_Paraguayo Wrote:As much as I love these brushed steel backgrounds, they only really work if every background is in the same style.

I have a lot of custom menu items and I'm not sure I've got the graphic skills to make my own matching backgrounds, but I might have to give it a go...

Give it a go Smile

I really like the brushed silver look, but I agree that they need to be done in the same style and correctly centered. Looking at the images in those screenshots there is definetly something not centered.. Either the images, the menu or both Smile

I'm considering having a go at them too when I get a minute, but that won't be for a while yet ...

- butchabay - 2011-12-02

Pat,
As said i thought i made an improvement, because i think now it looks much better, but items distance there is no control about! The backgrounds are not centered, at least not all. Which one you're using? The one i've posted in my screenshots? If yes take a look at tv shows, it's not centered. I've tried some backgrounds with nox, and i have the same off center of the background.
Movie sets view is done with fanart slide accessing them from movie sets submenu, movie sets addon is required! Smile

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-03

butchabay Wrote:Pat,
As said i thought i made an improvement, because i think now it looks much better, but items distance there is no control about! The backgrounds are not centered, at least not all. Which one you're using? The one i've posted in my screenshots? If yes take a look at tv shows, it's not centered. I've tried some backgrounds with nox, and i have the same off center of the background.
Movie sets view is done with fanart slide accessing them from movie sets submenu, movie sets addon is required! Smile

Fantastic,

I'm currently using the black backgrounds with the white glowing icons at the moment, but I've tried them all and won't be staying with the black ones (I'll change them tomorrow) as im gonna try and fix the brushed aluminium ones as they are very very nice and look great... Just they are not as consistent as I'd like (un-centred, different styles of icons, etc) but they are great looking and have made me realise how I want it to look when it's done Smile

I've been looking into movie sets lately, it's a big undertaking just adding them, so i can only imagine how much work it took to get that new view complete. I'm looking forward to seeing now it looks in cirrus Nod

Awesome work as usual bro,
It's looking so sleek and good and really enjoying it Smile

Cheers,
Pat~

- butchabay - 2011-12-03

Pat, looking forward to see your work! To create moviesets it's fast and easy, you can do it via web interface (xvmm) or with the moviesets addon from xbmc passion repo. Ofcourse there are other ways...
The view is nearly done, post some screens later.

- butchabay - 2011-12-03

Moviesets Support commited to SVN ( only Pre Eden )

Attention Movie Sets Addon from xbmc passion repo required.

Access Movie Sets via submenu and choose Fanart Movie Sets View!

Enjoy ...

@butch,

Morning Smile Just a quick thought I had while I was asleep, is it possible to create an option to make all the text in the horizontal menu bar invisible, except from the centred item?

This would mean it would look centred, sleek and symmetrical etc... Basically, if the item to the left and right were invisible leaving only the focused item visible how would that loo/feel?

Any chance you could try it it? I could knock up a photoshop of it, but thought I'd see if you could add it in to the SVN to test it to see how it looks and feels when in use?

Ideally, rather than making them invisible, it would probably be better to have the items slide in from the far left and right (enlarge the distance somthat the items are spaced fr enough to be completly off screen) but I'm not sure how difficult that would be to code or to add as an option etc... You could then look at enlarging width of the centred item text etc if it looks to small on its own etc...

Either of these options are somewhat interesting as it could improve the athletics of the current horizontal menu? If its not to much hassle, we could test them just see how they look Big Grin

- butchabay - 2011-12-03

Pat,
Not sure if it's going to be a good idea, as i want to know what's coming when i scroll through the list. This could be a personal mod. I can test it and post the modified files.
I'm really close to finish all the important fixes and ready to push 2.07. People should post their mods, i think cirrus extended is almost finished from my side.

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-12-03

Not sure if it's going to be a good idea, as i want to know what's coming when i scroll through the list. This could be a personal mod. I can test it and post the modified files.
I'm really close to finish all the important fixes and ready to push 2.07. People should post their mods, i think cirrus extended is almost finished from my side.

I agree, I like to know what's coming. However, as Butcha said it could be a personal mod if you want that option, and it should be pretty simple to implement.

Yea,
It could be quite personal mode I suppose, if your wouldn't mind posting the modded files that would be great as I'd really like to test it and see how it looks... I've made a few mods to disable dim on transfer etc so I'll keep all my files separate for when 2.0.7 comes along.

Cheers butch,

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-04

Hey Butcha,

Been working on a plan around the "see whats next" situation... and im currently creating a set of textures and wallpapers specifically for Cirrus..

Ill do them in PSD so users can download them, edit the layers, resize them etc to fit their own screen and make any adjustments to or add any extra text, edit or move the images to match their configuration etc etc ... ...

Please note the following:

The wallpaper is not yet finished... Please use your imaginations and add some recenly added videos etc along the top.

The wallpaper does not look centered correctly as its on my PC at 1920x1200 but its a 1080p wallpaper for my TV so its slightly off...

Where the text is displaying a "weather" etc a new icon will be created looking like an etched apple style.

The blurred out text on the lower horizontal bar is awful, but until i can actually make it invisible via the xml files, im stuck with quickly photoshopping it for these tests to get the inages on-line. If you could tell me what to editor send me over the files id sincerely appreciate that Xx Big Grin

Screen shot attached...

infact here is a shoddy photoshop with some videos in there incase your imagination is broken Big Grin

Just incase its not clear... Where it says weather, there will be a weather ICON and where it say MOVIES there will be a movie ICON...

Text version will also be available for those that want them (text versions will be blank in the centre and will only display what's "next" and "previous" as there is no point displaying the centre when its stated already by the main menu...) but the finished walls will have images in place of the current text "placeholders"...

I needed to quickly mock up a set of images with my current file structure in place as otherwise Itd be a right ball ache trying to remember what goes where Smile

Hopefully that makes sense ... Smile

- butchabay - 2011-12-04

Hi pat,
I like the idea, but this will only work for personal use, if the user adds custom items on home it won't work. I'll tell ya what to edit so you can test it.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-04

butchabay Wrote:Hi pat,
I like the idea, but this will only work for personal use, if the user adds custom items on home it won't work. I'll tell ya what to edit so you can test it.

Cheer bro,

Yea Its defo not going to work for everyone, but it should work for some. All files will be editable and all thy will need to do is type the name of the custom menu item, hit run and the action will do the rest Cool it'll be dead simple to add stuff.

If you PM me the files or lines of text that I need to edit, ill get it all up and running, finish the are work, and then will post all the files for anyone else who wants it.

Cheer bro,

- gates - 2011-12-04

reposted