Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- Martijn - 2011-12-06

butchabay Wrote:Yeah i know, i'm not big_noid Smile

A question, is it necessary to get poster or fanart in movie info? As we already have it hardcoded...

Btw, it's working great! Nice work!

lol
Well Black,Jeroen,Mudislander, and ronie (and maybe others) already switched so you were last Wink

It depends on how you coded it? If you use mode=custom it is not. When using mode=gui it is hardcoded. It is up to you.

Just a note. This will be in next version:
Quote:So like Jeroen asked if you run it for let's say 'clearlogo' it pop-up the dialog when it finds more than one? If only one just download

We are doing some mayor code overhaul to clean up the mess and adding some new things.

EDIT:
forgot to mention BigNoid ofcourse and Sharpe, fmronan .......

- butchabay - 2011-12-06

Smile these are all skilled skinners, i'm just a modder Sad
What i mean is we already have get thumb, get fanart within xbmc, that's why i wonder if we really need the same again.

- Martijn - 2011-12-06

butchabay Wrote:Smile these are all skilled skinners, i'm just a modder Sad
What i mean is we already have get thumb, get fanart within xbmc, that's why i wonder if we really need the same again.

Just kidding. You're doing great. I can't even skin and am just a poor unskilled python coder.

No you don't need to add them again. The others didn't add them either.
The ones from XBMC directly load it to the database so it works with ListItem.Property(fanart_image). We can't do that yet.
That's why we add all the possibilities so you can chose Smile

Still can't believe we pulled it of in only one bugfix version

- butchabay - 2011-12-06

Martijn Wrote:Just kidding. You're doing great. I can't even skin and am just a poor unskilled python coder.

No you don't need to add them again. The others didn't add them either.
The ones from directly load it to the database so it works with ListItem.Property(fanart_image). We can't do that yet.
That's why we add all the possibilities so you can chose Smile

Still can't believe we pulled it of in only one bugfix version

Ok, thank you for clear it up.

- moonwalker - 2011-12-06

PatrickBateman Wrote:@butcha,

Quick question:
I've added the gorgeous new wallpapers but hate the dim type transition between them when navigating the home menu. How can I disable the dim animation and just the images transition normally without a dim effect?

Pat~

Edit:
I just edited the home.xml from 500 to 1 for the fade delay which has resolved the blinking/fading for the moment.

Shame the silvers images don't have a default or a favourites etc like the rest of the options Sad

Still they look fantastic against the cirrus skin... I've changed the system images to the black ones and also tried the Silver, they really suit the skin.

Edit 2:
Where is the dim/fade effect for the transitions in the system menu?...

Edit 3:
Found it under system.xml and reduced from 600 to 1 and it's looking fan-bloody-tastic! What a face lift! It looks and feels incredible...

Edit 4:
@butcha I've noticed that there is a difference in transparency in the music and pictures view? When viewing all other views such as videos, plugins etc in "list" view the background is transparent and the wallpaper is visible in the background. This is not the case with music/pictures view when entering directly from the home screen... They display the same Manu, style and information (such as add source etc) but the layout is not transparent like the rest of the views?

Any chance they too could be made transparent.

Also in the main menu, I've noticed that the highlighted item (such as movies/hd movies/music etc) is not actually centred with the screen. Its slightly off centre to the left. Any chance that could be move slightly toward the right, without affecting the other options in the menu?

Thanks again butcha Smile

Where do I find home.xml and system.xml?

- gerryuk - 2011-12-06

Is it possible to have your own menu item labels ?

I have films that are organized into 3 folders

Films - 2 Watch
Films - Keepers
Films - Family

It would be great to have menu items that mirror that because I don't want my kids to see some of the more disturbing video covers ( SAW, Human centipeded e.t.c. )

TIA - Brilliant work ! been using XBMC since its conception Smile

- keibertz - 2011-12-06

gerryuk Wrote:Is it possible to have your own menu item labels ?

Films - 2 Watch
Films - Keepers
Films - Family

It would be great to have menu items that mirror that because I don't want my kids to see some of the more disturbing video covers ( SAW, Human centipeded e.t.c. )

This feature is implemented in XBMC and can be used by this Skin.
The Keyword is Smartplaylist. You can create a Smartplaylist for each Folder and create special Homemenu or Submenuentries for each.
If u dont want that someone can enter a special folder u have to generate more than one XBMC Profile. One Profile with all Entries and one Kids Profile with only the Kids entries.

- butchabay - 2011-12-06

gerryuk Wrote:Is it possible to have your own menu item labels ?

Films - 2 Watch
Films - Keepers
Films - Family

Yes you can add custom smart playlists or fav to home.

- gerryuk - 2011-12-06

thanks for the prompt replys's.

I'm not at home now to test but is this done via the GUI or some xml file ?

Thanks again Smile

- butchabay - 2011-12-06

gerryuk Wrote:thanks for the prompt replys's.

I'm not at home now to test but is this done via the GUI or some xml file ?

Thanks again Smile

No you don't need to edit xml.s

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-06

moonwalker Wrote:Where do I find home.xml and system.xml?

Hi,

They are in the xmbc roaming user profile, addons, cirrus skin folder under a folder called 720p.

Hope that helps,
Pat~

- moonwalker - 2011-12-06

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hi,

They are in the XBMC roaming user profile, addons, cirrus skin folder under a folder called 720p.

Hope that helps,
Pat~

Hi Pat,

I've found the home.xml and changed it the way you've described.
It worked like a charm! Thank you! Smile
But there is no system.xml in that same folder (720p).
There is a settings.xml however. Maybe that's it? Huh

Will these changes be overwritten by a skin update?

Again, thank you!

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-06

moonwalker Wrote:Hi Pat,

I've found the home.xml and changed it the way you've described.
It worked like a charm! Thank you! Smile
But there is no system.xml in that same folder (720p).
There is a settings.xml however. Maybe that's it? Huh

Will these changes be overwritten by a skin update?

Again, thank you!

Yea that's the one.
Changing them to 1 will remove that dim effect and will allow the transitions to complete faster, it both looks and feels far more responsive.

I think settings was set to 600, just drop it 1 and your good to go Nod

No worries,
Your very welcome.
Pat~

It's under:
Code:
<fadetime>600</fadetime>
Change to
Code:
<fadetime>1</fadetime>

It is possible that they may be over written at some point, if those particular files are ever updated in the future... However, As its only 1 line of text to edit, just keep a text file with any custom edits in it and amend it as and when is necessary Smile

- keibertz - 2011-12-07

butchabay Wrote:Commited to SVN ( Pre-Eden )

- Script Artwork Downloader Support

So i can delete Extrafanart Downloader and Logo-Downloader and install only Artwork Downloader and if i choos Download in Skin settings it will download all ?
Or do i have to do something after install before first use ?

Edit:
If i use "Starte Logo Downloader Script" in "Skin-Option - Extended Mod" nothing happens
so how can i use the new Artwork Downloader ?

- butchabay - 2011-12-07

keibertz Wrote:So i can delete Extrafanart Downloader and Logo-Downloader and install only Artwork Downloader and if i choos Download in Skin settings it will download all ?
Or do i have to do something after install before first use ?

Hi mate, not yet, bulk mode will be added this evening, for now it's only in solo mode, accessing via video info screen "i".
Be patient and logo downloader will be replaced by artwork downloader.