Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- butchabay - 2012-01-14

@vicmanpergar

No, no glasses and no PC while taking breakfast Smile I just can't get sleep Smile

- butchabay - 2012-01-14

Working on a new Showcase View ported from MiniMeedia, so all credits to waffa!

Screenshot

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2012-01-14

butchabay Wrote:Working on a new Showcase View ported from MiniMeedia, so all credits to waffa!

Screenshot

I like it very much. Hope you will enable DVD/HD case (I've always found a movie more appealing when in a case... maybe it's my past of heavy DVD collector who speaks!)

And the info for movie will be shown on up pressing or after a delay?

Anyway very good work so far, as usual!

- matzer - 2012-01-14

butchabay Wrote:The info screen show banners because you need to scrap for posters. Banners should be downloaded with the artwork downloader.

Can I force xbmc to rescan my TV Shows and replace banners with posters (because I scraped with banners in first place)?
I've changed the scraper setting for "Prefer Posters" now and will try fetching banners etc. with Artwork DL.

- Martijn - 2012-01-14

matzer Wrote:Can I force xbmc to rescan my TV Shows and replace banners with posters (because I scraped with banners in first place)?
I've changed the scraper setting for "Prefer Posters" now and will try fetching banners etc. with Artwork DL.

AD can not update you XBMC library with posters in the way most skins use them. At the moment it just downloads them as posters.jpg and banners.jpg
Don't know if Cirrus supports use posters.jpg (sorry can't know everything butchabay)

- butchabay - 2012-01-15

Martijn Wrote:AD can not update you XBMC library with posters in the way most skins use them. At the moment it just downloads them as posters.jpg and banners.jpg
Don't know if Cirrus supports use posters.jpg (sorry can't know everything butchabay)

Poster.jpg is only used partially, in the fullscreen info video info. But will be added.

- lbbeurmann - 2012-01-15

It looks as if the weather plus addon is using both the static and animated weather icons simultaneously in the weather view. Any ideas on how to prevent this form happening? Ideally I would like to see only the animated icons. Thanks.

- butchabay - 2012-01-15

@nowall
The showcase view is intended to show a big part of the fanart/extrafanart, so i won't add any supplemental info, what i am thinking to do is to bring up the info screen by pressing up.
About the cases, have to think about it, never was a fan of cases.

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2012-01-15

butchabay Wrote:@nowall
The showcase view is intended to show a big part of the fanart/extrafanart, so i won't add any supplemental info, what i am thinking to do is to bring up the info screen by pressing up.
About the cases, have to think about it, never was a fan of cases.

thanks for your answer. info screen on up-pressing is ok.
Nevermind for the cases if it's too time consuming to code

- Muther - 2012-01-15

Hey Butcha how are you? are you getting enough down time? I hope all is well with you cause if you stop coding I'm screwed...LOL

I have been trying to learn this skinning stuff but its going pretty slow, so far I have figured out a few things like changing the global static weather icon to a animated one and changing the date to long date with the full day name. but still cant figure out the player controls embedded into the now playing thing like here:

but I'm going to keep whacking away at it.

but first I want to change the latest albums and latest movies to random. I don't want you to do it for me just give me a hint. What files will I need to edit? will it involve scripts or just the skin XML files? hopefully it wont be over my head.... Smile after that I'm going to even up the sides on the main weather page, just because I'm OCD and like things to line up..... LOL

also have you given any more thought to sub menu support for the added buttons? (adding sub-menu links to a custom home screen button) this is something way beyond my skills (and whatever skills I'll get in the future... Smile)

The only other thing on my list is to have random pictures from my family photos but that's for another day too.....

Thanks for your time and all you do.

- butchabay - 2012-01-15

@Muther
You're not using the SVN version? I've added player controls on home. Not in the now Playing box but on top.
To show up random i'll tell you what to change.
I haven't coded weather plus, so i think i first need to look inside.
Random pictures is not possible untill a script is going to support it.
Cheers

Movie posters auto generated - spamtomas - 2012-01-16

Im having a problem with movie posters being auto generated instead of using locally saved artwork. Im running 2.06 for dharma. If i view in file list the artwork appears but when viewing in wall or rightlist it just shows a gernerated clip from the film. Cleared library and thumbnails folder no change. My artwork appears fine for other skins. I have my artwork saved as per the xbmc wiki i have changed local filnames to movie.tbn, poster.jpg. Am i missing something obvious here.

- Muther - 2012-01-16

butchabay Wrote:@Muther
You're not using the SVN version? I've added player controls on home. Not in the now Playing box but on top.
To show up random i'll tell you what to change.
I haven't coded weather plus, so i think i first need to look inside.
Random pictures is not possible untill a script is going to support it.
Cheers

I have both the svn and the stable (2.07) I only hack on 2.07 cause I tend to break it a lot .....LOL

random music just seems more to my needs, I rarely add new music to my collection since I'm a Classic Rock fan (I'm old and set in my ways)

Yes the controls on home is on both versions, and if I keep failing to get it the way I want it, I'll be more than happy with how you did it. but now it's kind of become a personal challenge to me..LOL. I tried like 6 times and every time I had to reload the backup I made....Smile then I figured Id try some of the easier stuff till the light bulb goes on. every once in a while I get something right and I feel like Im getting somewhere.... then I look at some of the stuff you do or at some of the other skins and feel so lost again I have to take a nap...LMAO

would looking at the random addons script be any help to me to try to make a random pictures script? or is this way beyond my current skill level? (that being extreme beginner. Smile) I just thought of it today because it's the only button I have on my home page that don't "pop up" something. probably another refection of my OCD

My hope is to someday do something cool enough (either by accident or on purpose) for you to put it in your skin. but don't wait on me... it may be a while

Ive also been doing some clearart stuff in Photoshop just because that's something I already know how to do, I have about 20 or so done with another 30 to go.... then 95% of my music collection will have an image to use. here are a few:

ImageImage

have a good night/day and thanks for the help!

- Kokonutcreme - 2012-01-16

el_Paraguayo Wrote:OK, that's strange. The same code should, I think, be called in both the library view (which view are you using?) and movie information.

If the Australia prefix is the issue then I can send you some code to fix this without having to edit all your films manually.

Thanks EP. I tested editing the certificate ratings on 10 films and for each title, the default certificate flag displayed in library view disappears. In the information panel the Australian certificate flag is displayed correctly.

This was tested on Fanart, Fanart Slide, Coverflow, Rightlist, Wall, Half Wall and Compact library views.

I'm running XBMC Eden Beta v11.0 on Windows 7 Enterprise and recently upgraded to Cirrus SVN 410.

I also tested it on same version of XBMC and Cirrus on Mac OS 10.6.8 and initially the Australian certificate flag was displayed in library views but then it disappeared and is only shown in the information panel.

- butchabay - 2012-01-16

Kokonutcreme Wrote:Thanks EP. I tested editing the certificate ratings on 10 films and for each title, the default certificate flag displayed in library view disappears. In the information panel the Australian certificate flag is displayed correctly.

This was tested on Fanart, Fanart Slide, Coverflow, Rightlist, Wall, Half Wall and Compact library views.

I'm running XBMC Eden Beta v11.0 on Windows 7 Enterprise and recently upgraded to Cirrus SVN 410.

I also tested it on same version of XBMC and Cirrus on Mac OS 10.6.8 and initially the Australian certificate flag was displayed in library views but then it disappeared and is only shown in the information panel.

PHP Code:
<texture>flagging/ratings/australia_g.png</texture>
            <
visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,Australia:G)</visible

australia_g.png

PHP Code:
<texture>flagging/ratings/australia_pg.png</texture>
            <
visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,Australia:PG)</visible

australia_pg.png

PHP Code:
<texture>flagging/ratings/australia_m.png</texture>
            <
visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,Australia:M) + ! substring(listitem.mpaa,Australia:MA)</visible

australia_m.png

PHP Code:
<texture>flagging/ratings/australia_ma.png</texture>
            <
visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,Australia:MA)</visible

australia_ma.png

PHP Code:
<texture>flagging/ratings/australia_r.png</texture>
            <
visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,Australia:R)</visible

australia_r.png

PHP Code:
<texture>flagging/ratings/australia_x.png</texture>
            <
visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,Australia:X)</visible

australia_x.png

Are you using the new mpaa flags ? If yes disable it.