Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-05

butchabay Wrote:Just restart xbmc and all the skin settings are avaible !

Hey Butcha,

i'm on a clean/fresh install and i've restarted a few times already (to enable the horizontal menu bar etc) but some options are still not showing for me? Oo

Weather art + Clean now playing (even when extended now playing is disabled and unselected)

- weemaaan - 2011-06-05

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey Butcha,

i'm on a clean/fresh install and i've restarted a few times already (to enable the horizontal menu bar etc) but some options are still not showing for me? Oo

Weather art + Clean now playing (even when extended now playing is disabled and unselected)

same here

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-05

@butcha
Not sure if this was intentional or not, but i've just imported a few tv series to allow me to test the new options for video etc (love the new fanart view by the way, its absolute perfection in every way! Amazing work) ... Anyway, i noticed that on the home screen there is no longer a border around the now playing video window, even when the video border is enabled in the options (i.e not disabled)

Was this intentional or is it a hangover from the option that was added to disable the video window border as it shows in all views except the home screen?

The disabled option works fine, but when the border is enabled (visible) it doesnt seem to function on the homescreen?

Cheers Big Grin

- MarioXD - 2011-06-05

I want cirrus to eden XDD

Nice works guysss

- butchabay - 2011-06-05

PatrickBateman Wrote:@butcha
Not sure if this was intentional or not, but i've just imported a few tv series to allow me to test the new options for video etc (love the new fanart view by the way, its absolute perfection in every way! Amazing work) ... Anyway, i noticed that on the home screen there is no longer a border around the now playing video window, even when the video border is enabled in the options (i.e not disabled)

Was this intentional or is it a hangover from the option that was added to disable the video window border as it shows in all views except the home screen?

The disabled option works fine, but when the border is enabled (visible) it doesnt seem to function on the homescreen?

Cheers Big Grin

Fixed for next update ! Smile

- butchabay - 2011-06-05

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey Butcha,

Clean now playing is only visible if you disable cd art on home !

- butchabay - 2011-06-05

MarioXD Wrote:I want cirrus to eden XDD

Nice works guysss

This is my vision, when all the bugs are fixed and cirrus extended has a stable condition ! So stay tuned ... as mentioned time ago ... summer and holidays are in front of the door RoflRoflRofl

- butchabay - 2011-06-05

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:this is a question to developpers: for a long time I have an idea but don't know if it would be possible. I guess not but I ask anyway.

when animated fanarts background (or screensaver) is enabled, you see all your gorgeous fanarts animated, and sometimes you wander "how this one is cool, but from which movie is it from? I want to (re)watch it"

So would it possible/realistic, to have in a light overlay the related title of the movie moving along with the fanart?

EDIT: aww, I just saw that "Plot on pause OSD-Menu" is on the TODO list! that's awesome! I really missed this, because on Apple Remote there isn't button to access it (on keyboard I think it's C), Thank you very much!
On the TODO list there is also the Dialog Window on pressing down or right. I really loved this feature in Refocus (to be able to play trailer just by pressing down). So thank you very much again!

Press down on fanart views and press right on rightlistviews start playing trailers in videowindow for now Smile

- butchabay - 2011-06-05

PatrickBateman Wrote:@butcha did you do something to the main skin animation? I am getting a screen flash/flicker ever time i open and close a option from the main menu? its quite a dramtic/prominent flash and is very noticible... its as if the screen goes completly black for a 100th of a second and then re draws its self? For example, when returning/entering from the videos/weather etc there appears to be a dramtic "pop" as the screen "pops" back into view from black, im usre this faded in before, but i could be wrong Laugh

It never used to do this (that i can remember) but it is quite prominant and distracts me every time i exit and enter a window etc? Like a slap in the face Laugh

Yep the black bars have not the same colordiffuse ... i'll see if i get an uniform appearance for all of them ...

I've included a flash window open and close animation on home screen ... it's flashing me and i like it Smile cirrus extended is a slap in the face Smile

- rob87 - 2011-06-05

since the last update i have a problem with the german translation. letters like ö,ü and ä are not shown and every sentence ends with the letter before the "ö,ü or ä"

"Verschiebe horizontales Hauptmenü nach unten"
is now
"Verschiebe horizontales Hauptmen"

Huh

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-06-05

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

Yea i was about to report back on a few little things i have found, this was one of them Laugh
Also, the origonal "Clean Home Now Playing" option is also missing even when the new "extended now playing" is disabled?

A few comestic things i noticed too, were,

The new Extended now playing bar seems to be a different level of transparency/colour to the main cirrus menu bars, could this be set to match the other bars purly for cosmetic reasons? Most of the menu bars are a darker transparent black (weather, date, time, horizontal menu,medi update screen etc...) and the new now playing seems to be much lighter and sticks out a little from the rest of the skin.

When streaming some music the progress bar doesn't work (i assume this is due to some trakcs having no end time) is there any work around for this?

When the next 5 tracks is enabled and one of the tracks has a long file name and is requireed to scroll, is it possible for the number (1,2,3,4,5) to stay exactly where it is and only have the text of the track scroll raththan the entire track titles and number?

And finally (for now) Wink
The extended now playing window sits directly on top of the rss feed and about 10 pixels down from the horizontal menu bar, is it at all possible to center the extended now playing plugin so that it would sit 5 pixels above the rss ticker and 5 pixels below the horizontal menu to help it look and feel more comfortable symetrical? "i know its not exatly 10 pixels but i knoe you know what im trying to say :-))

Thats all ive been able to test so far, as i have not yest finihsed my fresh install of my other htpc so ill keep you guys posted with any bugs etc that i come across.

Amazing work though, from what i have seen so far, this update is beyond incredible.
I'm so grateful that you guys do what you do and ill be sure to report back with all/any bugs for you to help keep this skin as truly amazing as it is.

Thanks again for another wonderful release guys x Big Grin
Also, i hope you don't think i am complaining or anything, as thats most defiently not the case! No
I love this skin and i can't sing its praises enough, just reporting back with any all bugs/info/feedback i have to help you guys out for the next updates etc.

Thanks again for everything...

Patrick,

Thanks for the feedback - constructive feedback is always appreciated so no worries there!

I think Butcha can handle most of these changes:

Transparency: I used the same black background as the main horizontal menu. The progress bar, I made up (Blush) - so Butcha, please feel free to change the colours to match the skin.

Streaming: Don't think so. The progress is based off Player.Progress so unless the stream reports its length and position I don't think it'll get picked up.

Next 5 tracks: Laugh, I thought about this too - yes it should be possible, I'm happy to do this - can send you a new file when it's done (if you don't want to wait for new update)

Extended main menu position: Guilty. Totally forgot about RSS as I never use it. Butcha, you can just tweak the <posy> in the Home.xml file (or I can!)

Glad you like it though.

el_P

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-06

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Patrick,

Thanks for the feedback - constructive feedback is always appreciated so no worries there!

I think Butcha can handle most of these changes:

Transparency: I used the same black background as the main horizontal menu. The progress bar, I made up - so Butcha, please feel free to change the colours to match the skin.

Streaming: Don't think so. The progress is based off Player.Progress so unless the stream reports its length and position I don't think it'll get picked up.

Next 5 tracks: Laugh, I thought about this too - yes it should be possible, I'm happy to do this - can send you a new file when it's done (if you don't want to wait for new update)

Extended main menu position: Guilty. Totally forgot about RSS as I never use it. Butcha, you can just tweak the <posy> in the Home.xml file (or I can!)

Glad you like it though.

el_P

Hey el_p

Yea, that would be great, i'd sincerly appreciate the updated files, i'm a big fan of new stuff Laugh

Yea, The work you guys have done has blown my media consumption into a new dimension.

xbmc is a great product, but this skin really shows off its beauty, power and features in such an elegant and powerful way... and its dam fast and responsive too.

Im looking forward to seeing whats yet to come (after summer of course) Wink

I'll keep troubleshooting, bug hunting, providing feedback and ideas as long as you guys dont hate me for it Laugh but to be honest, this version is 99.9% perfect imho, its simply stunning...

The new fanart view particularly, is to die for. Its soooooooo perfect, i genuinly couldn't have wished for it to be any other way. It looks, feels and displays everything so perfectly, that it literally blows me away!

Butcha really nailed that view! Fanart view is now my default view for movies, tv shows, series, and episodes! it just flows together so seemelssly and beautifully now! Nod

Thanks again for all the work you guys have done, if i could buy you guys an actual beer, i most certainly would!
You can be safe in the knowledge that myself, my family and my friends are all loving your work and using it every day. Nod

- butchabay - 2011-06-06

rob87 Wrote:since the last update i have a problem with the german translation. letters like ö,ü and ä are not shown and every sentence ends with the letter before the "ö,ü or ä"

"Verschiebe horizontales Hauptmenü nach unten"
is now
"Verschiebe horizontales Hauptmen"

Huh

Damn, and i thought finally it's fixed ! I'll take a look.

- butchabay - 2011-06-06

@pat & el_p
I've already adjusted posy of the now playing bar in 2.03, so the bar is perfectly positioned to the rss bar, but i'm going to check it again.
Patrick tell us where you're living and we come and get a cold beerSmile

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-06

butchabay Wrote:@pat & el_p
I've already adjusted posy of the now playing bar in 2.03, so the bar is perfectly positioned to the rss bar, but i'm going to check it again.
Patrick tell us where you're living and we come and get a cold beerSmile

Scotland! We do some wonderful hopps over here Big Grin Next time your over pm me and i'll buy you a beer, thats a fact! Nod

As for the now playing, you are correct in saying that it is correctly positioned directly on top of the RSS bar... however... and heres where it is difficult to explain...

I personally think that it would look better if the gap (between the BOTTOM of the "now playing" border and the TOP of the RSS border) was the same as the gap between the BOTTOM of the "horizontal border" and the TOP of the "now playing" border.

At the moment there is only a gap ABOVE the "now playing" border and there is NO gap below! This is because it sits directly on top of the rss ticker...

To me, it looks/feels a bit wrong this way, i feel that it wants to be moved up a few pixels, so that it sits perfectly situated inbetween the horizontal menu bar and the rss ticker (if that makes sense) lol

Perhaps its due to the colour not being the same but it feels like its out of place and need moving up a few pixels so that it "floats" directly above the rss ticker and below the horizontal menu by the exact same amount Big Grin

Also,
i have a small feature request, i'd like to enable landscape.jpg for tv fanart view, however, not all my tv series have a landscape.jpeg... could you add the ability for the skin to recognise that when NO landscape.jpeg is present, that it falls back to the default fanart view, which fills the small window with the default fanart.jpg.

This would stop me getting a blank window on series that i dont have landscape.jpeg for Laugh

I hope this all makes sense lol

And one more thing.....
Please please please give me the option to have the faded view back... Cirrus Ex has slapped me in the face so many times i think im gonna have a seizure

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease Rofl