Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-06

Ok,

So ive just finished importing the rest of my movies and here is a little bit more feedback...

On the home screen, in the sub menu's you have removed the bold text (thank god) however you have left the selected item bold? Can this be changed? It is already highlighted "orange" and doesnt need to be bold as well. I feel the bold text is just not as elegant as the normal non bold version and just stands out a bit to much Sad

In movie fanart view, would you consider placing the movie publisher/studio logo (fox/paramount etc) exactly were you have positioned it for the tv shows fanart view, above the window? I think it would look nice up there and would flow with the rest of the video views such as tv shows etc...

Would you consider look at reducing the size of the ratings logos? They are really big and are makin this view look very untidy, i'd like to see smaller versions and perhaps position them below the video window (centered)

Thank you so much for the new imdb rating system in fanart view (i love you for that) however, again it is in bold text and is very big? Shocked

Is it possible for the imdb rating to be in the standard font and still be positioned exactly where it is. Would you also consider changing the word "Rating" for a standar small IMDB Logo? I feel this would look beautiful.

The only final tiny thing i would mention would be (and i am struggleing to really justify this one) that the selected movie/tv show in fanart view be enlarged by a fraction more, just to bring it more into focus and give it a bit more stage presence...

Im really struggeling to find any issues, so even though these ones are tiny little personal things, i though i may as well mention them Laugh

Other than that, this is about as close to perfection as i think it could be! Its incredible and feels like a very expensive appliance rathern than a £150 revo Laugh

Thanks again guys,

Beers are ready when you are :-)

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-06-06

butchabay Wrote:Press down on fanart views and press right on rightlistviews start playing trailers in videowindow for now Smile

I have bigPoster view everywhere, so nevermind, I'll continue without this feature, this is not a problem

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-06-06

butchabay Wrote:@pat & el_p
I've already adjusted posy of the now playing bar in 2.03, so the bar is perfectly positioned to the rss bar, but i'm going to check it again.
Patrick tell us where you're living and we come and get a cold beerSmile

PatrickBateman Wrote:As for the now playing, you are correct in saying that it is correctly positioned directly on top of the RSS bar... however... and heres where it is difficult to explain...

I personally think that it would look better if the gap (between the BOTTOM of the "now playing" border and the TOP of the RSS border) was the same as the gap between the BOTTOM of the "horizontal border" and the TOP of the "now playing" border.

At the moment there is only a gap ABOVE the "now playing" border and there is NO gap below! This is because it sits directly on top of the rss ticker...

To me, it looks/feels a bit wrong this way, i feel that it wants to be moved up a few pixels, so that it sits perfectly situated inbetween the horizontal menu bar and the rss ticker (if that makes sense) lol

Butcha, maybe we need to do another conditional layout i.e. 1 for when RSS is enabled, and 1 for when it isn't...

Patrick, very jealous you're in Scotland - I lived in Edinburgh for 4 years and would move back in a flash. London's just not the same!

- butchabay - 2011-06-06

@Pat
I'll see to adjust the extended now playing bar.
About the animation on home, you can just delete some lines in home.xml and it will show the old animation.
I'm going to set fanart image fallback in fanart view for landscape.jpg if possible, because as i know info labels can't be set as fallback.
Another solution could be to make a copy of the fanart image and rename it to landscape.jpg.
Ofcourse i'm going to remove the bold font in submenus, i just forgot it for last update.
Rating IMDB numbers i'll see if i get a nice IMDB Rating Flag, just have to ask htpc guy as he's doing the grafix for cirrus extended, also the trailer flag when a video is playing have to be replaced ... i'm not sure about positioning of the studio logos, size of rating flag and it's position, have to play a bit around and post some screenshots so we can decide what is looking better.
Thanx for reporting such little details and i'm sure we'll get this skin to nearly perfection Smile

@el_p
conditional layout with enabled or disabled rss bar is a good idea, i'm going to change it for the next update.

- GuiZ - 2011-06-06

V2.03 tested
Amazing. Cirrus ex is perfect for me. Thanx for the hard work
I really love the new Now playing and the weather fanart option is so class.
Thanx to everyone who works on this skinBig Grin

- butchabay - 2011-06-06

rob87 Wrote:since the last update i have a problem with the german translation. letters like ö,ü and ä are not shown and every sentence ends with the letter before the "ö,ü or ä"

"Verschiebe horizontales Hauptmenü nach unten"
is now
"Verschiebe horizontales Hauptmen"

Huh

Everything is working perfectly for me ... so i don't know what could be the problem.
What are your settings ? German, Deutschland, Standard ?

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-06

butchabay Wrote:@Pat
I'll see to adjust the extended now playing bar.
About the animation on home, you can just delete some lines in home.xml and it will show the old animation.
I'm going to set fanart image fallback in fanart view for landscape.jpg if possible, because as i know info labels can't be set as fallback.
Another solution could be to make a copy of the fanart image and rename it to landscape.jpg.
Ofcourse i'm going to remove the bold font in submenus, i just forgot it for last update.
Rating IMDB numbers i'll see if i get a nice IMDB Rating Flag, just have to ask htpc guy as he's doing the grafix for cirrus extended, also the trailer flag when a video is playing have to be replaced ... i'm not sure about positioning of the studio logos, size of rating flag and it's position, have to play a bit around and post some screenshots so we can decide what is looking better.
Thanx for reporting such little details and i'm sure we'll get this skin to nearly perfection Smile

@el_p
conditional layout with enabled or disabled rss bar is a good idea, i'm going to change it for the next update.

Hey,
Yea that sounds good, What/where exactly do i need to edit to get the home screen flash to go?

Also, what are the specifications for the flags and ill see if i can contribute something here by creatng some custom mpaa flags or something? im have no coding experience etc and have no idea where to start but ill give it a go and im sure over time, ill be able to figure something out :-)

I'm looking add/change the following,

Add Small Ratings Flags (ill try and make some new flags in PS CS5)

Trailer flag when video window active need changing (as you mentioned)

IMDB Rating changed from "RATING <bold>" to either "Rating <un-bold>" or a logo (i can see if i can sort a nice imdb logo out OR if you let me know where/what to edit i can change it my self :-)

The bold text on the home screen submenus (highlighted menu)

What are the specifications for the logos and what are the files i need to edit to make these changes, and ill see if i can come up with something? Or at least ill have a play and see what damage i can do lol Laugh

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-06-06

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,
Yea that sounds good, What/where exactly do i need to edit to get the home screen flash to go?

Also, what are the specifications for the flags and ill see if i can contribute something here by creatng some custom mpaa flags or something? im have no coding experience etc and have no idea where to start but ill give it a go and im sure over time, ill be able to figure something out :-)
Or at least ill have a play and see what damage i can do lol Laugh

Patrick,

Absolutely, that's the best way to do it.

Just make backups of the stuff you're changing before you do it and then have a go.

I've really got very little skinning experience indeed - the Extended Now Playing was one of the first things I tried.

It just takes patience!

The wiki is helpful too (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Skinning_XBMC).

In respect of keeping the now playing numbers static, I'll make the changes (tonight if possible) and send you the file. However, I'll also add lots of comments around the changes so you can see what I've done and why it (hopefully) works!

- dirtydesaster - 2011-06-06

butchabay Wrote:Everything is working perfectly for me ... so i don't know what could be the problem.

i have the same Problem, since V2.02.

- butchabay - 2011-06-06

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

I'm looking add/change the following,

Add Small Ratings Flags (ill try and make some new flags in PS CS5)

Trailer flag when video window active need changing (as you mentioned)

IMDB Rating changed from "RATING <bold>" to either "Rating <un-bold>" or a logo (i can see if i can sort a nice imdb logo out OR if you let me know where/what to edit i can change it my self :-)

The bold text on the home screen submenus (highlighted menu)

What are the specifications for the logos and what are the files i need to edit to make these changes, and ill see if i can come up with something? Or at least ill have a play and see what damage i can do lol Laugh

Delete Line 2-9 in home.xml
I've found the original imdb logo (google search) and it looks pretty nice.
About Trailer Flag:
Maybe i'm just going to set a label "Trailer" and no logo ... i think it will look cleaner ...

Now about rating flags ... what i can do is to integrate an option to choose 2 sets of rating flags ... keep the originals and option to choose the 2nd set ® (PG-13) and so on ...

- butchabay - 2011-06-06

dirtydesaster Wrote:i have the same Problem, since V2.02.

Maybe you can try to switch to another language and then switch back to german. As said i have no problems, so the issue have to be somwhere else.

Which font are you using ?

- rob87 - 2011-06-06

butchabay Wrote:Everything is working perfectly for me ... so i don't know what could be the problem.

yes, i use these settings with Xbmc 10.1.

if i switch to english and back to german it also dosnt work. Font is standart, but with other fonts the same problem.

In other skins it works fine.

- butchabay - 2011-06-06

rob87 Wrote:yes, i use these settings with Xbmc 10.1.

In other skins it works fine. So it should be a problem wir your skin.

There is no problem with the skin. Maybe you should try to delete your guisettings (backup first) and then try again ...

- rob87 - 2011-06-06

butchabay Wrote:There is no problem with the skin. Maybe you should try to delete your guisettings (backup first) and then try again ...

i tryed this also.

I`ve just downloaded the cirrus 2.1 and it works... dont know what`s the problem.

edit: With Xbmc on windows it works but not with my linux htpc. :/

- butchabay - 2011-06-06

rob87 Wrote:i tryed this also.

I`ve just downloaded the cirrus 2.1 and it works... dont know what`s the problem

Ok i'm going to take a look in cirrus 2.1 and hopefully fix it.