Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- butchabay - 2011-07-26

cased Wrote:Any way to do it automatically? or do I have to go in and do them all manually?

Thanks!

Yes, go to System --> Skin --> Extended Mod --> and press Logo Downloader Script ... it will scan through your library and set everything:
Banner, Poster, Logo etc. , but you won't be able to choose the artwork, it makes it automatically.

First Step to Pre-Eden Compatibility - butchabay - 2011-07-26

Yo dudes,

first part to reach pre-eden compatibility is done ...
ofcourse i'll keep you informed when the first TEST release is out ... Wink

Cheers

- htpc guy - 2011-07-27

So what will we be looking forward to in the next release (pre-eden)?

- butchabay - 2011-07-27

htpc guy Wrote:So what will we be looking forward to in the next release (pre-eden)?

Nothing major, just some little bugfixes and if i get enough time i would work on my to do list ...

See Here:

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-07-27

PatrickBateman Wrote:Awesome work fella Smile

Really looking forward to this as it will save me a few clicks when im watching movies and thats always a good thing.

As for things to add, what choices do we have Smile what are the limitations?

I would like to see these:
Trailer fullscreen
Trailer windowed
Cinema full screen
Cinema windowed
Tv tunes

And depending on limitations I could defo think of a few things to add Laugh

Amazing work though bro, and dam fast too!
OK, I'll try to do some more on this soon.

I think Trailer fullscreen, Trailer windowed, Cinema full screen, Tv tunes, Play video fullscreen, Play video windowed should all be fairly straightforward (hope I don't have to eat those words later...).

Cinema windowed - I'm not sure this is so easy as I think the script would have to have the option built in to launch video in a preview window. I'll check with the author, but (in my opinion) it seems a bit counter-intuitive: a Cinema Experience shoud be video playing on the biggest screen possible. Maybe just me...

I'll check what he says and let you know whether we can do it.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-07-27

el_Paraguayo Wrote:OK, I'll try to do some more on this soon.

I think Trailer fullscreen, Trailer windowed, Cinema full screen, Tv tunes, Play video fullscreen, Play video windowed should all be fairly straightforward (hope I don't have to eat those words later...).

Cinema windowed - I'm not sure this is so easy as I think the script would have to have the option built in to launch video in a preview window. I'll check with the author, but (in my opinion) it seems a bit counter-intuitive: a Cinema Experience shoud be video playing on the biggest screen possible. Maybe just me...

I'll check what he says and let you know whether we can do it.

Cool,

It maybe just specific to me, but I'd like to have an option to launch cinema in a window so that I can have the trailers and features play in the window while I look for a second film etc to queue up... Once my "now its time for the feature presentation" I'd hit my full screen button and watch the movie. I really only use cinema for the trailers and the "feature presentation" clip but your right, for those who use the quiz etc a window would be no use to them.

Still loving the road map though and these options will bring a miriad of new and exciting ways to impress the other half Smile she loves the media centre and is as astounded as I am at the work you guys have done.

Slighty off topic question... Is there anyway to disable the weather updates from xbmc altogether? I've noticed serious issues with my player when it updates weather constantly? Can it be force set to NOT refresh every time I return to the home screen? Or to refresh only when I actually click Into the weather menu?

Smile

PatrickBateman Wrote:Cool,

It maybe just specific to me, but I'd like to have an option to launch cinema in a window so that I can have the trailers and features play in the window while I look for a second film etc to queue up... Once my "now its time for the feature presentation" I'd hit my full screen button and watch the movie. I really only use cinema for the trailers and the "feature presentation" clip but your right, for those who use the quiz etc a window would be no use to them.

Still loving the road map though and these options will bring a miriad of new and exciting ways to impress the other half Smile she loves the media centre and is as astounded as I am at the work you guys have done.

Slighty off topic question... Is there anyway to disable the weather updates from xbmc altogether? I've noticed serious issues with my player when it updates weather constantly? Can it be force set to NOT refresh every time I return to the home screen? Or to refresh only when I actually click Into the weather menu?

Smile

I've posed the question to the cinema experience script developer so we'll what he comes back and says.

As for your Weather question, not sure it's possible - I don't think there's anything in settings or advancedsettings that do that, and I don't think the refresh is triggered by the skin (but I'll check).

- JohnVee - 2011-07-27

Hey el_Paraguayo, have you had a chance to check out the weather forecast video for weather+ yet?

JohnVee Wrote:Hey el_Paraguayo, have you had a chance to check out the weather forecast video for weather+ yet?
I tried taking a quick look, but I can't even get video to play in the Transparency skin!

I'll take a look again at the weekend but it's going to be hard for me to do if I haven't got a working video in a different skin to start from.

- kulprit - 2011-07-28

Hey butcha, found something else the other day. Can we please have a codec/media flag for 7.1 channel audio. The 5.1 shows fine however a 7.1 doesn't exist.

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-07-28

el_Paraguayo Wrote:I've posed the question to the cinema experience script developer so we'll what he comes back and says.

As for your Weather question, not sure it's possible - I don't think there's anything in settings or advancedsettings that do that, and I don't think the refresh is triggered by the skin (but I'll check).

Pat, here's the response from the Cinema Experience developer about playing the script in a preview window:

giftie Wrote:The only problem is that the trivia slide show would not work, since it uses its own skin to display the images. The rest could be done though. The script is more or less a playlist builder and the command for starting the playback(in python) also has an optional window mode. I'm still working on the script for pre-eden changes and dharma integration. But if the user wants this ability now, they can change line 212 in file xbmcscript_trivia.py from:

Code:
xbmc.Player().play( self.playlist )

to
Code:
xbmc.Player().play( item=self.playlist, windowed=True )

Though I haven't tested it, the documentation says it should do the job.

I think this means we'll need to leave it for the moment because I'm not going to skin something that will only work for people who've customised the addon. I've asked for the preview option to be coded into the next release of the addon and, if it's done, I'll incorporate into the skin.

- JohnVee - 2011-07-28

el_Paraguayo Wrote:I tried taking a quick look, but I can't even get video to play in the Transparency skin!

I'll take a look again at the weekend but it's going to be hard for me to do if I haven't got a working video in a different skin to start from.

Thanks for taking a look. I think this feature might only work with Eden. I reverted back from the nightly builds to 10.1 and now I can't get it to work with the Transparency skin either. Probably will just have to wait on that feature.

- eriksmith200 - 2011-07-28

I don't see the update in the XBMCNerds repository, I'm stuck at version 2.02

- butchabay - 2011-07-28

eriksmith200 Wrote:I don't see the update in the XBMCNerds repository, I'm stuck at version 2.02

2.02 wasn't in the repo yet, you have to delete the skin and the guisettings.xml, as there were a lot of changes in skin settings. After that you have to remove xbmcnerds addon and xbmcnerds.zip in packages folder located in your userdata. Download the zip file from xbmcnerds. Start xbmc and you'll get confluence skin as default, go and install the xbmcnerds zip via addons. Now you're able to install cirrus extended v2 (2.04) ...

- kyotocafe - 2011-07-29

Is it possible to get a different fanart per season?