Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-14

A last thing before I go play tennis
I have a tiny request for Butcha and I guess it's a request shared by all Mac users who use an Apple Remote.

when playing a movie, on your setups when you press (i) or equivalent button on remote, you have the OSD with the plot etc. But on Mac, you can't keymap the remote to have this function.

So would it be possible to add in the settings an option to toggle on/off this in pause mode?
I'd love to be able to press pause on my Apple Remote and then have downside the OSD with the plot next to the poster like this:

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-14

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:That's a nice bug report. El_Paraguayo should be able to fix this I guess.
Is the bug present in both standard Weather and WeatherPlus?

Concerning the animated icon, well I tried several things but sadly I never managed to make it work Image
it was supposed to work on the original XBox XBMC but I guess the function get lost somewhere when it was ported to x86. XBMC devs told me I should try with a serie of several PNG linked to a "multi-image function" but I don't understand what it is and anyway it would be a huge work for something useless at the end - just eye candy - so better give up this idea

Sure, can take a look at the weather - pretty sure the problem is just a label that's too small. If so, should be fairly simplet i fix.

As for the multiimage - it's a control that can cycle through a folder of images either random pictures (e.g. weather fanart) or to create the illusion of animation (like the pulsing background in one of my earlier posts).

Does seem to be an unnecessary amount of work for "eye candy" though.

- butchabay - 2011-08-14

Hi dudes, just wanna inform you progress of bugfixes and todo list is going slowly at the moment.
@nowall
Your request is on my todo list since ceV1 ... But never really had motivation to start changing it. The idea was to see the same screen on pause and info ... sure it will be done !

- roguesailor - 2011-08-15

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Sure, can take a look at the weather - pretty sure the problem is just a label that's too small. If so, should be fairly simplet i fix.

Thank you.Big Grin

Actual Progress - butchabay - 2011-08-15

Updated Bugfix and To Do List

See Here:

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-15

Quick update for you:

I've not been focussing on the video pop-up menu recently. Instead I've been writing a script that displays live football score updates from the BBC website. I should have a working version uploaded to git tonight.

I can then turn my attentions back to finishing the pop-up menu. However, I'm on holiday from Wednesday for a few days so this is likely to get pushed back a bit.

It is coming though. I promise. Wink

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Sure, can take a look at the weather - pretty sure the problem is just a label that's too small. If so, should be fairly simplet i fix.

Yup - label too small.
Think it should be fixed now - Butcha, check your inbox.

- butchabay - 2011-08-15

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Yup - label too small.
Think it should be fixed now - Butcha, check your inbox.

Weather Stuff Fixed ! Thanx ...

Just added an option to choose custom random fanart on home, so when you put 1 image in the extras folder you'll see always the same fanart for all items on home (cheers Patrick Smile ) without fading ! Ofcourse you can add more images at the same time you'll have a multiimage control ...

- mad-max - 2011-08-15

as i see that you guys always send patches across via pm,i wanted to know if you guys are intrested in having a branch for cirrus on my googlecode project? same gc-project were the repo containing cirrus is hosted...i think the collaboration would benefit quite a lot...butch,if you are interested just pm me over at nerdtown

mad-max Wrote:as i see that you guys always send patches across via pm,i wanted to know if you guys are intrested in having a branch for cirrus on my googlecode project? same gc-project were the repo containing cirrus is hosted...i think the collaboration would benefit quite a lot...butch,if you are interested just pm me over at nerdtown
I'll follow whatever route we go down!

- butchabay - 2011-08-15

@mad-max
Hi Max, thanx that would be great, but i think i'm getting back to you when pre-eden release is ready. For now we go this way.
Cheers

butchabay Wrote:@mad-max
Hi Max, thanx that would be great, but i think i'm getting back to you when pre-eden release is ready. For now we go this way.
Cheers

Then I may not follow after all Sad

Not sure I'm going to bother with pre-Eden for now. I'm enjoying a very stable Dharma set up at the moment.

- gecko666 - 2011-08-16

Is it possible to add a script as a menu on homescreen? Specifically I am trying to add Apple Movie Trailers script as a menu but there's no such option to add it (some other skins do allow this).

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-16

gecko666 Wrote:Is it possible to add a script as a menu on homescreen? Specifically I am trying to add Apple Movie Trailers script as a menu but there's no such option to add it (some other skins do allow this).
Absolutely! I've got it on mine (Ok, I use apple trailers lite).

The easiest way to do it is to first add it as a favourite. Go to the Videos menu item, press up (if on horizontal menu) or right (if using vertical) and select the File mode option. Select "Video add-ons" and the Apple Trailers option should be listed. Highlight, press c for the context menu and add it as a favourite.

Then go to the System menu and select Skin options. In Custom Home, you can now add a favourite as a home menu item.

Let me know if you have any problems.

If you're favourites are already full then you can hard code it into the skin file.

- butchabay - 2011-08-16

gecko666 Wrote:Is it possible to add a script as a menu on homescreen? Specifically I am trying to add Apple Movie Trailers script as a menu but there's no such option to add it (some other skins do allow this).

5 Custom Favourites and 8 Custom Playlist on Home should be enough or?