Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- DJSubterrain - 2011-05-29

I love this skin but have only one request...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Allow us to add shortcuts in the main menu to any addons we want, like iPlayer, Youtube, etc.

Or, even better and easier?, Add these shortcuts premade and give us the ability to hide/show which ones we want to use.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-29

krish_2k4 Wrote:[Updating Library]

i dont think the directory should be listed here, there is a loading bar but it doesnt do anything.

I think it would be better to just have the loading bar fill up rather then showing xbmc searching and displaying the directory paths.
when you have each movie in a seperate folder it just searches and displays the each directoy path and its moving at warp speed!

I'll look into. I expect i'll change to display the title only, like Alaska Revisited.

Cheers

- sialivi - 2011-05-29

DJSubterrain Wrote:I love this skin but have only one request...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Allow us to add shortcuts in the main menu to any addons we want, like iPlayer, Youtube, etc.

Or, even better and easier?, Add these shortcuts premade and give us the ability to hide/show which ones we want to use.

From the first post in this thread:

liquidskin76 Wrote:Please note i won't be taking requests at this stage. Only bug reports please!

- Pr.Sinister - 2011-05-29

esprit Wrote:

- the french translation need some work (I can help with that if you have no one), for exemple, in the previous screenshot, it should be "Surveillez vos films" not "votre films", but that's not really important so far.

WHATHuh

When someone calls you on the phone and you are watching a movie, do you tell them "Je suis en train de surveiller un film!"Huh?

I think not... you would probably say "Je suis en train d'ecouter un film" ou "Je suis en train de regarder un film"... "J'ecoute un film... Je regarde un film"...

I have never EVER heard anyone use surveiller... in english, it would be like spying on a movie or babysitting a movie or having a movie under surveillance...

Sorry this is OT but i was really taken aback that someone from France would use this phrasing...

- snoopy1492 - 2011-05-29

That's right, we don't use the word "surveiller" for such meaning. I would translate "surveiller" as to keep an eye on, so unless you want to keep an eye on your movies that's not the right verb Tongue
But esprit was right on one point, it should ne written "vos films" (plural) rather than "votre films" Wink
Pr.Sinister is right, the phrase should be "Regarder un film" (We don't say "écouter un film" écouter is like listen, only for sounds Wink )

- Hitcher - 2011-05-29

You'll need to notify the XBMC guys about the translation because it's taken directly from the XBMC language file -

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/language/French/strings.xml

String id 33056 - Surveillez votre

Translations and Language Files

- Pr.Sinister - 2011-05-29

snoopy1492 Wrote:Pr.Sinister is right, the phrase should be "Regarder un film" (We don't say "écouter un film" écouter is like listen, only for sounds Wink )

French from France : Je regarde un film
Slang from Quebec : J'ecoute un film

Big Grin

- HansP - 2011-05-29

Pr.Sinister Wrote:French from France : Je regarde un film i watch a movie
Slang from Quebec : J'ecoute un film i listen a movie

Big Grin

HuhHuh

strange canadians :p

no wonder southpark mocks them :d

Hey everyone,

Any translations that are being done now are being pulled from XBMC's language files. I've only included some english strings that are not in the english XBMC language files.

Archiv has told me about a german translation that not quite right as well.

Cheers

- sialivi - 2011-05-29

liquidskin76,
Any theories about the bug I reported here? Have you been able to reproduce the problem on your system? I know the bug description is a bit vague so if there's anything I can do to provide more info I'm open to suggestions.

sialivi Wrote:liquidskin76,
Any theories about the bug I reported here? Have you been able to reproduce the problem on your system? I know the bug description is a bit vague so if there's anything I can do to provide more info I'm open to suggestions.

Hey sialivi,

I haven't looked at that one yet, however i haven't come across it. It's odd that it's only 4.

Have you tried refreshing those albums, by going to album info in the context menu, then refresh?

Cheers

- sialivi - 2011-05-29

liquidskin76,
I noticed a connection between all the albums that show this behavior, they all have three dots in the album name. "Best of...", "...and Justice for All", "Greatest Hits... So Far!!!" and "Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?"

- Hitcher - 2011-05-29

I noticed a connection between all the albums that show this behavior, they all have three dots in the album name. "Best of...", "...and Justice for All", "Greatest Hits... So Far!!!" and "Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?"

What happens in other skins?

- sialivi - 2011-05-29

Nothing unexpected in any of the ones I've tried

- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-30

ok, great, I should hopefully be able to replicate and test. leave it with me.

thanks