Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- jcarmi04 - 2011-08-05

Thanks for the replies and time spent with my (late to the game) poking around with Welo Alpha!

I actually don't use XBMC to watch movies/tv on my "mouse" computer, but it's where I test things. Completely understand no mouse support yet, as I think it is down on the list of priorities (but will be nice for the future ... sorry, I know you're not accepting at this time).

(5) See the two screens below, but it is an error with the "TV" but not with "Movies". Screens on Confluence are fine, and are very nice in the "Movies" section of Welo.

Great work on this amazing project! All future XBMCers will recognize, appreciate, and enjoy your work for years to come...!!!

- Japaja - 2011-08-05

That looks like you are using banners not posters.

- threatdisplay - 2011-08-05

hi there... first of all, thank you for this skin! it's great looking =)

i am running it on the nightly atv2 build

i am also seeing the same issue with the tv show posters looking wrong.

also, using icefilms, there seems to be a long delay between pressing play on a video and the link working. by comparison, in project mayhem hd there is also a delay (about 10 seconds), where it seems to be much much longer in welo (over 20 seconds)

excellent work!

- TheSwede1970 - 2011-08-05

Japaja Wrote:That looks like you are using banners not posters.

That is correct!
I use lanscape or banners in most skins and hope Welo will support that eventually.

- sialivi - 2011-08-05

jcarmi04,

You should revert to an earlier build, the august 2nd - 4th builds breaks serveral skins. The always visible "now playing" on the home screen is caused by this for example. So reporting bugs with that build is rather unreliable.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-05

@jcarmi04
@threatdisplay

As mentioned by a few other, those are banners you're using on a poster view. At the mo there is no banner view in Welo, however there will be at some point in the future.

Cheers

- dairylee - 2011-08-07

ldi9999 Wrote:That's the place I tried. When I select "Files" from "Videos" section. I got a a new menu bar with "Home" and other options (grey out tought). Nothing happened when I select "Home". Escape would bring be back to Videos. Maybe the version I have is too old (v1.5)?

liquidskin76 Wrote:Are you on a recent nightly or are you using Dharma/10.1? Since alpha v2 and the repo setup you need a recent nightly.

v1.5 or earlier was Dharma/10.1 only.

cheers! Wink

I'm having the same issue as ldi9999. I'm using the 2nd of August nightly and using alpha v2. Any ideas?

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-07

dairylee Wrote:I'm having the same issue as ldi9999. I'm using the 2nd of August nightly and using alpha v2. Any ideas?

Hey dairylee,

Ok, yeah, i see that behaviour now. Checked Confluence and it behaves the same so guess that's the standard behaviour if you haven't got any sources. Unless it's something funky in the nightly.

You need to access Videos direct, then you should see the 'Add videos...' and 'Videos Add-ons' options.

Cheers

[EDIT:] I'll have a look at changing things a bit in that respect. Maybe have the submenu 'Files' option hidden if there's no sources, or at least have the main menu within that files section active.

- dairylee - 2011-08-08

I already have sources, so not sure why it's doing it. It also does it when trying to view actors, genres, years, etc..

I'll just bind a key to switch to a new profile with a different skin for now so I can access those sections.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-08

dairylee Wrote:I already have sources, so not sure why it's doing it. It also does it when trying to view actors, genres, years, etc..

I'll just bind a key to switch to a new profile with a different skin for now so I can access those sections.

Can you post a screen shot of what you see?

Thanks

- dairylee - 2011-08-08

liquidskin76 Wrote:Can you post a screen shot of what you see?

Thanks

This is the screen I get when I go onto any of the aforementioned menus...

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-08

dairylee Wrote:This is the screen I get when I go onto any of the aforementioned menus...

Umm, errr... i'm not sure that's my Welo! There's not a 'Thumb Not Available' image in my textures. Have you added that image from Hitcher's early WIP?

Where did you get that version of Welo from? It looks like Hitchers early WIP that he handed over.

Can you post a screenshot of the home section?

[EDIT:] That definately looks like Hitchers early version as the fonts look smaller.

[EDIT:] Yep, that's definately Hitchers handover version! Nod I haven't used 'Writer' under the details section. I've used 'Credits'.

- dairylee - 2011-08-09

D'oh, well that explains it. Must of been a clash with Hitchers old version because it was saying your latest alpha was already installed when I was on the repository.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-10

dairylee Wrote:D'oh, well that explains it. Must of been a clash with Hitchers old version because it was saying your latest alpha was already installed when I was on the repository.

No problem! Wink Did you get it sorted? Best to delete the old hitcher handover version, and try the repo again. Remember to stick to the August 2nd nightly, as any build after that is breaking skins.

Cheers

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-12

@everyone...

The skin problems in the recently nightlies have been fixed. The Aug 12th or later builds should be good.

Cheers