Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- Rygrath - 2011-09-02

Aye, I'm sure juggling feature priorities is a tough one for skinners. Where some, like yourself, need Profiles, there are others that don't and rather have Music (for example) more fleshed out. What's a poor skinner to do? Eek

Main reason why I suggested a released skin. WIP skins usually have some key feature that makes it unusable for a person. Which puts you at the mercy of time and patience and they can be cruel mistresses at times. Sad

- liquidskin76 - 2011-09-03

ldi9999 Wrote:Thanks.
I really like the skin and would want to use it. I was happy with it until having multiple profiles. If the missing functions are inside, I don't really care as long as the main functions are there. But this logon issue basically stops me from using it.Sad
Well, I guess I have to switch back to default skin until this issue is fixed.

Hey ldi9999,

I'll take a look at this for the next update. I actually thought i had it working in a very basic form!

Anyhow, it will be a very basic login screen for now. Plus, to actually create and modify profiles, another skin will have to be used for now.

Cheers Wink

- liquidskin76 - 2011-09-03

Hey ldi9999,

Yeah, it's a bug. The login screen was there in a very very very very very basic form (!!), however at some point i broke it i expect!!

Is fixed ready for the next update.

Cheers

- liquidskin76 - 2011-09-05

Pushing Alpha 0.2.5 now. Give it 10min and it should be ok to update. Here's the change log...

0.2.5 - Alpha release

Bug fix: Fix Music slide animations
Bug fix: Incorrect wall viewtype positioning when less than 11 items are in library
Bug fix: Media flags… WVC1 video flag incorrect
Bug fix: Media flags... mp4 being flagged incorrectly
Bug fix: Certain dialog screens appearing over full screen video / visualisations
Bug fix: Incorrect aspectratio code on video lists
Bug fix: Missing text shadow on video/music details
Bug fix: Logon Screen not displaying
Bug fix: Other small bug fixes

Change: Media flags… added 1ch audio flag
Change: Revert Music section animations to slide effect
Change: Video/music details font tweaks
Change: Media flags size tweaks
Change: Added default art (original Aeon style!!)
Change: Enlarge mouse pointer
Change: Movie viewtype clean-up
Change: Add 'Hide Settings' option to skin settings
Change: Modify wraplists code to match nightly fix
Change: Improve rating flag textures (sharpen)
Change: Remove 'up to return to list' rolling behaviour on sub-menus
Change: Watched icon redesign
Change: Added Movie info (press 'i') (Note: needs polishing!)
Change: Added Video OSD features (Note: also needs polishing, plus added info!)
Change: Other small code/cosmetic changes

Regarding the video OSD... it's need polishing, and will no doubt change slightly in future updates. Plus, the info side of it is lacking at the moment.

The player controls and music OSD are still to come.

Regarding the video info page (press 'i'), again that also needs polishing and isn't final.

Cheers! Wink

- bigounet - 2011-09-05

exelent Big Grin

- Bkam - 2011-09-05

have u added support to download subtiles from the osd (that subtitles addon) , or is that something to come . Its a dealbreaker for me Smile

Bkam Wrote:have u added support to download subtiles from the osd (that subtitles addon) , or is that something to come . Its a dealbreaker for me Smile

Yeah, that's included in this update! Wink Hopefully this feature will get a few more users on Welo alpha.

The video OSD is 100% functional, it just needs some texture work, plus some work on the info side of it (press 'i').

Cheers

- joeks - 2011-09-05

Great! Was waiting for the OSD-update since I first installed your skin a month ago Smile Thanks! Have to wait till I get home to try it though.

- Bkam - 2011-09-05

thx for adding support to the subtitels addon Smile, are you planing to add end time and current time to the osd?

Bkam Wrote:are you planing to add end time and current time to the osd?

Yep, that's there as well. It shows on the seek bar (when pausing, skipping, etc using remote or keyboard), however at the moment not on the OSD control section (when pressing 'm') or the OSD info section (when pressing 'i'). That may change in a later update.

Cheers

- krish_2k4 - 2011-09-05

liquidskin76 Wrote:Pushing Alpha 0.2.5 now. Give it 10min and it should be ok to update. Here's the change log...

0.2.5 - Alpha release

Bug fix: Fix Music slide animations
Bug fix: Incorrect wall viewtype positioning when less than 11 items are in library
Bug fix: Media flags… WVC1 video flag incorrect
Bug fix: Media flags... mp4 being flagged incorrectly
Bug fix: Certain dialog screens appearing over full screen video / visualisations
Bug fix: Incorrect aspectratio code on video lists
Bug fix: Missing text shadow on video/music details
Bug fix: Logon Screen not displaying
Bug fix: Other small bug fixes

Change: Media flags… added 1ch audio flag
Change: Revert Music section animations to slide effect
Change: Video/music details font tweaks
Change: Media flags size tweaks
Change: Added default art (original Aeon style!!)
Change: Enlarge mouse pointer
Change: Movie viewtype clean-up
Change: Add 'Hide Settings' option to skin settings
Change: Modify wraplists code to match nightly fix
Change: Improve rating flag textures (sharpen)
Change: Remove 'up to return to list' rolling behaviour on sub-menus
Change: Watched icon redesign
Change: Added Movie info (press 'i') (Note: needs polishing!)
Change: Added Video OSD features (Note: also needs polishing, plus added info!)
Change: Other small code/cosmetic changes

Regarding the video OSD... it's need polishing, and will no doubt change slightly in future updates. Plus, the info side of it is lacking at the moment.

The player controls and music OSD are still to come.

Regarding the video info page (press 'i'), again that also needs polishing and isn't final.

Cheers! Wink

awww yea! Big Grin Laugh

The video OSD is in an early form. There will be some additions and slight changes to the design/layout, so it should improve.

- krish_2k4 - 2011-09-05

liquidskin76 Wrote:The video OSD is in an early form. There will be some additions and slight changes to the design/layout, so it should improve.

still happy with the progress! looks pretty damn good too!

- dagatech - 2011-09-05

this is completely amazing man, it's now my default skin. Looks awesome!!!

A few things I noticed (and I know it's still early, I'm just mentioning them):
- on the tv episode list screen, when you show video overlay, it displays fanart instead of episode screenshot
- when playing an episode, pressing info shows screenshot resized to poster dimensions (I have posters for all shows downloaded)
- on home screen, the first option is "Play Disc Disc". Maybe it could be "Play Your Disc" or "Play A Disc"?
- also, it no longer shows the airdate on the episode list. It did in the previous version, and I really like seeing that Smile

dagatech Wrote:this is completely amazing man, it's now my default skin. Looks awesome!!!

Excellent, cheers. Wink

dagatech Wrote:- on the tv episode list screen, when you show video overlay, it displays fanart instead of episode screenshot

Not with you on this one! Can you post a screen.

dagatech Wrote:- when playing an episode, pressing info shows screenshot resized to poster dimensions (I have posters for all shows downloaded)

Yeah, got that one already. I'll sort when i complete the osd stuff.

dagatech Wrote:- on home screen, the first option is "Play Disc Disc". Maybe it could be "Play Your Disc" or "Play A Disc"?

Thanks. Wasn't aware of that one. I'll take a look.

dagatech Wrote:also, it no longer shows the airdate on the episode list. It did in the previous version, and I really like seeing that Smile

Yeah, got rid of that for some reason that i can't remember now. Rolleyes I'll bring it back!

Cheers