Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- Japaja - 2011-05-26

The posters/covers should be the ones to pop-out, feel alive not the background. Grey background makes better contrast=posters/covers stand out more. Just my opinion.

- HansP - 2011-05-26

maybe its possible to include 2 colorlayouts ? if its not that hard ... ?

- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-26

HansP Wrote:maybe its possible to include 2 colorlayouts ? if its not that hard ... ?

Yeah, possible as a theme.

The backgrounds consist of one main background (the home background without the ratings tab), the ratings tab, a central section for large list/wall, a central section for settings, and a central section for system info.

So it's not a massive job to create a separate theme.

- HansP - 2011-05-26

i want a green one ^^ ( just kidding :d )

- sialivi - 2011-05-26

Japaja Wrote:The posters/covers should be the ones to pop-out, feel alive not the background. Grey background makes better contrast=posters/covers stand out more. Just my opinion.

I tend to agree with this, but in this case the blue tint is very subtle

- sialivi - 2011-05-26

[Home Screen]
Pushing "Up" on Weather just shows a blank menu bar

- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-26

sialivi Wrote:[Home Screen]
Pushing "Up" on Weather just shows a blank menu bar

Got that one already! Will add some sub menu items when I sort the weather section.

Thanks

- sialivi - 2011-05-27

[Music]
This is an odd one. When scrolling through my Albums, I noticed that on a select few (only around 4 out of several hundreds), the fanart, title and all the info in the bottom right corner would update properly but then quickly fade to black. Even the little tab with the rating stars fade away. I don't know why these 4 albums are any different from the rest and there are no error messages in the log.

If I enter the track listing for one of those albums, the fanart and everything else stays on the screen like it should.

- DazNoonan - 2011-05-27

Hitcher Wrote:Media flags
The custom ones on there look great as do the Vanilla ones. However the beauty of it now is that the skin is so small in size it installs and runs very smooth... Would changing the media flags to something else possibly cause slowdown?

- Livin - 2011-05-27

Text is very small... difficult to read even on a 65" TV. Please consider making the fonts a few sizes larger all around.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-27

Livin Wrote:Text is very small... difficult to read even on a 65" TV. Please consider making the fonts a few sizes larger all around.

Hey Livin,

That's a tricky one. I think i'm about on the limit for font size due to the design and avaliable space.

It's wierd. It was fine on my 1080p set (when i had it!), and it's ok on my 720p Sony (can't wait to get rid of!). The font actually appeared larger on the 1080p set which supprised me.

Leave it with me. I'll have a look.

- DazNoonan - 2011-05-27

Peronsonally on my ATV2 on my 40" Sony TV (720p), I have no problems reading it at all... its actually larger and clearer than many other skins. If you do increase it then it shouldn't be by much as it could ruin the whole feeling of the skin.

- tger3112 - 2011-05-27

DazNoonan Wrote:Peronsonally on my ATV2 on my 40" Sony TV (720p), I have no problems reading it at all... its actually larger and clearer than many other skins. If you do increase it then it shouldn't be by much as it could ruin the whole feeling of the skin.

The same on my Samsung 42" Plasma (720p).

By the way...congratulations for this skin. Even if it is an alpha, it works great on my atv2. Best skin i´ve used so far.

Keep on this great work.

Livin Wrote:Text is very small... difficult to read even on a 65" TV. Please consider making the fonts a few sizes larger all around.

What resolution is your 65"? 1080p or 720p?

Cheers

DazNoonan Wrote:Peronsonally on my ATV2 on my 40" Sony TV (720p), I have no problems reading it at all... its actually larger and clearer than many other skins. If you do increase it then it shouldn't be by much as it could ruin the whole feeling of the skin.

tger3112 Wrote:The same on my Samsung 42" Plasma (720p).

By the way...congratulations for this skin. Even if it is an alpha, it works great on my atv2. Best skin i´ve used so far.

Keep on this great work.

I expect i will leave it as is for now, as i've already increased it from the handover version.