Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- rembo10 - 2011-09-15

Sorry about the lack of updates. I got into a car accident last week, and my trusty netbook finally crapped out on me (we had a good run though!).

Unfortunately, living in Los Angeles, the car has to take priority so I'm unable to work on Headphones til I get myself a new netbook/laptop (hopefully soon).

What does this mean?
Well, basically, I need a new computer and was hoping if you enjoy Headphones you might want to help!

I've been eyeing this bad boy:
Samsung Series 3 11.6" Laptop

If anyone wants to help me out, it would be much appreciated. I'm working on a major rewrite to Headphones to make it just run way smoother, and maybe I'll throw in some bonus features for people who donate :-) (or at least give you guys access to the features before they're released)

In any case, hopefully I can get everything sorted soon. If you might be interested in taking over Headphones for a while, PM me. If you have any good computer suggestions, PM me (looking for a smaller-ish netbook ~11-12 inches)

As soon as I get enough cash to pay for the computer I'll get back to work! (I'll also pull the donate link):

YES, I WANT TO SAVE HEADPHONES!

Thanks again for the support!
Rembo

P.S. The biggest donator gets a free 12-month Xbox Live membership!

- nokmond - 2011-09-16

I've just installed this and its great!

I'm having just one problem - when I search for an artist on Headphones the list of artist comes up but when I select it I get this :

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Abbey\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "C:\Users\Abbey\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Abbey\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Abbey\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\headphones\webserve.py", line 47, in artistPage
return serve_template(templatename="artist.html", title=artist['ArtistName'], artist=artist, albums=albums)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Any ideas? Thanks!

- clubwerks - 2011-09-16

nokmond Wrote:I've just installed this and its great!

I'm having just one problem - when I search for an artist on Headphones the list of artist comes up but when I select it I get this :

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

File "C:\Users\Abbey\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
File "C:\Users\Abbey\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
File "C:\Users\Abbey\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
File "C:\Users\Abbey\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55\headphones\webserve.py", line 47, in artistPage
return serve_template(templatename="artist.html", title=artist['ArtistName'], artist=artist, albums=albums)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Any ideas? Thanks!

I got the same error when I was adding my library. It usually seemed like it happened when I tried to add more than 3-4 artists in succession and they were all still showing "Loading" as their status. I found that 95% of the time, the artist still added.

How to use the re-encode options? - mushupork595 - 2011-09-17

I have been playing around with the re-encode options for post processing and haven't been able to get it to work. I have tried this with headphones running on Ubuntu 11.04 and selected lame and pointed the path to /usr/bin/lame. I also tried selecting ffmpeg and setting the path to /usr/bin/ffmpeg. Either way when post-processing a folder of .flac files, it never converts them to mp3. I also don't see in the logs where it even tried to convert.

I then tried this with the windows32 build and set the encoder path to where I have ffmpeg.exe stored in (used the ffmpeg 32 static build ). Same problem and I don't see if it even tried to re-encode. The version of Headphones displays as e9a1e5522a04268690edf2c921906bdafc95c3a7

I tried searching this thread and searching google and am just not having any luck finding any discussion or "how-to's" for this. Does anyone have any tips? Is there a way to enable more verbose logging to troubleshoot what is happening?

How to use the re-encode options? - mushupork595 - 2011-09-17

mushupork595 Wrote:I tried searching this thread and searching google and am just not having any luck finding any discussion or "how-to's" for this. Does anyone have any tips? Is there a way to enable more verbose logging to troubleshoot what is happening?

I'm assuming that the re-encode code is in the encode.py file in the following section when using ffmpeg:

elif headphones.ENCODER == 'ffmpeg':
cmd=encoder+ ' -i'
cmd=cmd+ ' "' + musicSource + '"'
if headphones.ADVANCEDENCODER =='':
if headphones.ENCODEROUTPUTFORMAT=='ogg':
cmd=cmd+ ' -acodec libvorbis'
if headphones.ENCODEROUTPUTFORMAT=='m4a':
cmd=cmd+ ' -strict experimental'
if headphones.ENCODERVBRCBR=='cbr':
cmd=cmd+ ' -ar ' + str(headphones.SAMPLINGFREQUENCY) + ' -ab ' + str(headphones.BITRATE) + 'k'
elif headphones.ENCODERVBRCBR=='vbr':
cmd=cmd+' -aq ' + str(headphones.ENCODERQUALITY)
cmd=cmd+ ' -y -ac 2 -map_meta_data 0:0,s0 -vn'
else:
cmd=cmd+' '+ headphones.ADVANCEDENCODER
cmd=cmd+ ' "' + musicDest + '"'

Based on my settings in Headphones:
encode = 1
encoder = ffmpeg
bitrate = 256
samplingfrequency = 44100
encoderfolder = C:\test\ffmpeg.exe
advancedencoder = ""
encoderoutputformat = mp3
encoderquality = 2
encodervbrcbr = vbr
encoderlossless = 1

I pieced together (I really don't know python) what I think is the command that encoder.py is running. I run this manually and it works fine. So now I'm stuck why this never seems to get run when Headphones goes through the post processing steps.

C:\test\ffmpeg.exe -i "C:\Music\New Music\Orbital\Halcyon\01 Orbital - Halcyon [1992]-The Moebius.flac" -aq 2 "C:\Users\mark\Music\New Music\01 Orbital - Halcyon [1992]-The Moebius.mp3"

- nokmond - 2011-09-17

clubwerks Wrote:I got the same error when I was adding my library. It usually seemed like it happened when I tried to add more than 3-4 artists in succession and they were all still showing "Loading" as their status. I found that 95% of the time, the artist still added.

Cheers mate, seems like it gets overloaded a bit.

- Bram77 - 2011-09-20

johnmerrick Wrote:i keep getting this below when i add an album to my wanted list:

File "C:\Users\Alan\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-9011d3e\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
File "C:\Users\Alan\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-9011d3e\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
File "C:\Users\Alan\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-9011d3e\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
File "C:\Users\Alan\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-9011d3e\headphones\webserve.py", line 143, in markAlbums
searcher.searchNZB(mbid, new=False)
File "C:\Users\Alan\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-9011d3e\headphones\searcher.py", line 317, in searchNZB
sizenode = item.getElementsByTagName("reportConfusedize")[0].childNodes
IndexError: list index out of range

any ideas?

Same here... It's not usable now, but I'm looking forward to it's development path! Thanks Smile

- Bram77 - 2011-09-20

Ok, the app is setting albums to wanted one at a time only and is always showing the above error. Independent of the amount of albums selected, the changing of status always crashes after the first entry. The app doesn't add albums with the wanted status to the SABNZB download cue either, althoug the log entries suggest so. They just don't arrive in XBMC. My config is 100%. Checked several times and experimented with some variables. I'm sure this is not the problem. Log example:

Code:
2011-09-20 01:17:25    INFO    Update complete
2011-09-20 01:17:25    INFO    Updating complete for: Red Hot Chili Peppers
2011-09-20 01:17:25    INFO    Now adding/updating album: I’m With You
2011-09-20 01:17:20    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Stadium Arcadium
2011-09-20 01:17:12    INFO    Now adding/updating album: By the Way
2011-09-20 01:16:57    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Californication
2011-09-20 01:16:42    INFO    Now adding/updating album: One Hot Minute
2011-09-20 01:16:33    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Blood Sugar Sex Magik
2011-09-20 01:16:21    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Mother's Milk
2011-09-20 01:16:13    INFO    Now adding/updating album: The Uplift Mofo Party Plan
2011-09-20 01:16:07    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Freaky Styley
2011-09-20 01:15:57    INFO    Now adding/updating album: The Red Hot Chili Peppers
2011-09-20 01:15:46    INFO    Now adding/updating: Red Hot Chili Peppers
2011-09-20 01:15:44    INFO    Updating complete for: Kaki King
2011-09-20 01:15:44    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Everybody Loves You
2011-09-20 01:15:41    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Junior
2011-09-20 01:15:36    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Dreaming of Revenge
2011-09-20 01:15:30    INFO    Now adding/updating album: …Until We Felt Red
2011-09-20 01:15:25    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Legs to Make Us Longer
2011-09-20 01:15:22    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Everybody Loves You
2011-09-20 01:15:17    INFO    Now adding/updating: Kaki King
2011-09-20 01:15:16    INFO    Updating complete for: Andrew Bird
2011-09-20 01:15:15    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Noble Beast
2011-09-20 01:15:06    INFO    Parsing results from nzbsorg
2011-09-20 01:15:06    INFO    Found Andrew.Bird.Music.Of.Hair-1996. Size: 69.0 MB
2011-09-20 01:15:06    INFO    Parsing results from NZBMatrix
2011-09-20 01:15:06    INFO    Searching for Andrew Bird Music of Hair since it was marked as wanted
2011-09-20 01:15:02    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Armchair Apocrypha
2011-09-20 01:14:55    INFO    Now adding/updating album: The Mysterious Production of Eggs
2011-09-20 01:14:51    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Weather Systems
2011-09-20 01:14:46    INFO    Now adding/updating album: Music of Hair
2011-09-20 01:14:43    INFO    Now adding/updating: Andrew Bird
2011-09-20 01:14:42    INFO    Starting update for 3 active artists
2011-09-20 01:14:06    INFO    Parsing results from nzbsorg
2011-09-20 01:14:06    INFO    Found Andrew.Bird.Music.Of.Hair-1996. Size: 69.0 MB

- nokmond - 2011-09-20

Rembo - this is a great program. Cheers!

Can anyone help with one minor problem -

I've searched for Now Thats What i Call Music 79 (for the wife....) HP finds it but it comes up as 'Wanted' even tho its on NZBMatrix. Its doing this for all Various Artist stuff.

Any ideas?

- Avigrace - 2011-09-20

Would it be possible to have headphones run as 'Paused'? I have a lot of artists and everyday Headphones is updating them which takes many many hours and the CPU of my server is around 50% whilst this happens. I would like to have it running but not be constantly trying to refresh everything and if I do want them updated I can always manually force it under the 'Manage' tab.

- aarb00 - 2011-09-20

Can someone give me a speed reference on their system? Anyone with a slow system fix it?

Thanks.

aarb00 Wrote:For Synology users: I have this running on a 210j using the package from synoblog.superzebulon.org. All functions appear to be running fine, but the speed is extremely slow. It takes 1.5 - 2.5 minutes per album to scan, regardless of it being new, or a rescan. It takes about 2 - 3 minutes to open the details page after clicking on an artist. Anyone else have this problem using a Synology? My log never shows any errors, just the times between adding / checking albums. Anyone with some troubleshooting ideas? I am also running all of the packages from the same site.

- LoL - 2011-09-20

rembo10 Wrote:Sorry about the lack of updates. I got into a car accident last week, and my trusty netbook finally crapped out on me (we had a good run though!).

Unfortunately, living in Los Angeles, the car has to take priority so I'm unable to work on Headphones til I get myself a new netbook/laptop (hopefully soon).

What does this mean?
Well, basically, I need a new computer and was hoping if you enjoy Headphones you might want to help!

If anyone wants to help me out, it would be much appreciated. I'm working on a major rewrite to Headphones to make it just run way smoother, and maybe I'll throw in some bonus features for people who donate :-) (or at least give you guys access to the features before they're released)

In any case, hopefully I can get everything sorted soon. If you might be interested in taking over Headphones for a while, PM me. If you have any good computer suggestions, PM me (looking for a smaller-ish netbook ~11-12 inches)

As soon as I get enough cash to pay for the computer I'll get back to work! (I'll also pull the donate link):

Rembo

Sounds bad man, I hope you can manage without a laptop Big Grin
Can't donate at the moment... hope you get enough cash soon 'cause its a great app with great opportunities Wink

Cheers, LoL

- nikc0069 - 2011-09-21

Running python 2.7.2 with the windows version form first post. Says it is scanning my music directory but then appears to be doing nothing. It has about 20GB to scan so will it just not show anything until it has finished?

ALSO: Need an option to ignore the unknown artist on Musicbrainz, as otherwise it will pull down details for loads of albums you don't have on first scan.

- xburchartz - 2011-09-22

rembo10 Wrote:Sorry about the lack of updates. I got into a car accident last week, and my trusty netbook finally crapped out on me (we had a good run though!).

What does this mean?

Rembo

So I donated USD 10 today. I hope that more people are willing to donate, as you did a great job so far!

- gobbledigook - 2011-09-22

rembo10 Wrote:Sorry about the lack of updates. I got into a car accident last week, and my trusty netbook finally crapped out on me (we had a good run though!)...

Rembo

sorry to hear about your accident!

i'm broke until the end of the month but will be happy to donate on payday Smile