Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - z-vap - 2012-11-18

Not sure what you're asking. But I will give it a try. In Settings > Quality & Post-Processing... put the path to where you want your downloaded music to end up (ex. D:\My Music) .

This should probably match what you place in ... Manage > Scan Music Library > Path to Directory (ex d:\my music)

Does that help?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - z-vap - 2012-11-18

I just figured out a neat little trick (or i'm just slow) Smile

I am manually fixing my metadata instead of having HP do it for me. Just incase it accidentally mis-tags something as someone else.

Anyway, as I was fixing some, I was trying to get it to do "Track matching", but that seemed to only occur if I did a "Scan Music Library". If I chose that option, then it would go through my whole library and it would take an hour before I could confirm if the fixed metadata worked.

So I decided to try pointing that "path to directory" variable to the actual artists directory, instead of my whole music directory. WHALLA! Doing that allowed it to scan in my fixed metadata, lickety split

I just have to remember to point it back, and save without scanning.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - efty.edge - 2012-11-18

@z-vap

Hi and thanx for your quick tip. Sorry it doesn't help me. Here is why.

Before using headphones i saved my music like this
/music/artist/[year] album/track - title.mp3

Now headphones should manage my music library so i setup hp to do so. When i press 'Save changes and scan' the log shows following

Code:
2012-11-18 21:52:59    INFO    Found 0 new artists
2012-11-18 21:52:58    INFO    Updating current artist track counts
2012-11-18 21:52:58    INFO    Completed matching tracks from directory: /volumes/multimedia/music
2012-11-18 21:52:58    INFO    Track matching is 100.0% complete
2012-11-18 21:52:19    INFO    Track matching is 80.0% complete
2012-11-18 21:51:41    INFO    Track matching is 60.0% complete
2012-11-18 21:51:03    INFO    Track matching is 40.0% complete
2012-11-18 21:50:38    INFO    Track matching is 20.0% complete
2012-11-18 21:50:15    INFO    Found 2975 tracks in: '/volumes/multimedia/music'. Matching tracks to the appropriate releases....
2012-11-18 21:40:00    INFO    Scanning music directory: /volumes/multimedia/music

In Google and the headphone forum i found the advice to use following naming conventions
/Music/Artist/Artist - Album [Year]/Tracknumber Artist - Album (Year) - Title.mp3

Either which directory and filenaming i use, every time HP will find zero new artists.

Hope i explained it better... Wink

Efty

I believe It's checking the metatags of your mp3's, and it can't match those. Do any of them have meta-tags already, or are you letting HP auto-tag for you?

EDIT: also make sure your "Path to Directory" is absolute, ie from the root drive. Perhaps that's the problem. What do you have there?

/music/
or
/volumes/multimedia/music/

try them with or without the trailing slash

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - efty.edge - 2012-11-19

@z-vap

Hi and thanx again.

Yes - each of them have complete Metatags and i use the Metatags to generate the folder and the complete filename. By the way ...
I add the artist 'Of Monsters and Men' to HP and set the only album of them to wanted. 1 minute later it was downloaded, post processed and moved into my music folder. Then i removed the artist from HP and let it scan my library. In this case it also didn't found the artist.

The question is why ...?

Efty.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - z-vap - 2012-11-19

well I noticed when something is "deleted" from HP, its marked as blacklisted. I think the log mentioned this. So it won't reimport the same one automatically. It will allow it to be manually re-added.

EDIT: actually I think I know what you mean. I have a self-titled LP from an artist that wouldn't scan no matter what I did. But setting it to "Wanted" did allow a new one to d-load. "Danzig" would not perform a track match. But when it imported from the web, it noted that the LP was "Danzig - Danzig".

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - simonk83 - 2012-11-26

Right, I need a sanity check here guys.

I've recently switched to OSX. Everything with headphones is working as it should aside from the below.

I convert all my music to ALAC (Apple Lossless), as it's just easier when working with Mac ecosystems. So, I have XLD installed and have told Headphones to convert during post process. This all works fine, and the files are converted as you'd expect. They play fine, they look fine. HOWEVER, XBMC just does not like them. An album converted to ALAC (mp4) using XLD will not show properly in XBMC, it just goes totally wonky (the album might not show up at all, or it'll show up under a title of "Singles" with no track numbers.

Things I've checked:

I've checked the tags and everything in the converted files. They look identical to normal files
I've checked that old ALAC files (converted with another program a while ago) show up fine in XBMC
I've tried converting to MP3 with XLD, and those albums show up fine
I've tried not converting the files and just adding them as FLAC, they show up fine

So, right now I have no idea if this issue is due to Headphones, XLD, or XBMC.

If someone else could check this though that'd be awesome....

EDIT: Ok, I think it might be XBMC.

I've since tried:

Converting to ALAC using a different program (MediaHuman Audio Converter) and letting Headphones add the metadata etc. No dice
Converting to ALAC using MediaHuman and just copying directly to my music folder and having XBMC scan it. No dice

So something weird is going on with MP4's in XBMC as far as I can tell. If anyone else can confirm that'd be great.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - simonk83 - 2012-11-26

Right, well long story short, I ended up starting fresh (and updated to Openelec 3 beta while I was at it). Probably needed a cleanout anyway, and it seems to have fixed the issue, so that's good Smile

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - jamphat - 2012-11-27

(2012-08-15, 17:55)jamphat Wrote: how do i make headphones use the full web interface when being accessed from an external ip?

when i access it from the computer its running on, it looks great, but when i access it from adifferent computer on the network, it looks like this-

im still having this issue, as of yesterday's commit.

any ideas?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - ptipton - 2012-11-29

I have done a new install on windows 8, made the donation for the headphones mirror and pointed at my fairly large (4000+ album). The library is very well structured and all albums correctly tagged however headphones has only imported a few of the albums.

The log shows multiple entries like this:
2012-11-28 22:02:44 WARNING Could not parse data from url: http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?mbid= ... ormat=json

Any help would be much appreciated.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - HenryFord - 2012-12-03

(2012-11-27, 21:38)jamphat Wrote: im still having this issue, as of yesterday's commit.
any ideas?
Are you running behind a reverse-proxy? It seems like there are missing references.
Does the log state anything?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - HarryRosen - 2012-12-07

anyone able to get kick ass torrents working with headphones? I keep getting http errors. or is there a way to manually add another torrent provider?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - stadtjunge - 2012-12-12

went to this site: http://www.totalhtpc.com/headphones-sickbeard-for-music/

read the instructions and followed them closely. When I click the headphones file, it does nothing.

any thoughts on what I'm missing?

***** update*****
uninstalled python 3.3 and installed 2.7 - works great

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - bam thwok - 2012-12-16

Does anyone have a solid way to deal with seeding and post-processing for HeadPhones? I.e., with my chosen torrent client (uTorrent), what can I do to ensure that HeadPhones creates a new copy of the downloaded files rather than overwriting and moving them to my music folder, which makes it impossible to continue seeding.

I'm open to suggestions. Running Windows 7.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - redglory - 2012-12-17

(2012-11-27, 21:38)jamphat Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 17:55)jamphat Wrote: how do i make headphones use the full web interface when being accessed from an external ip?

when i access it from the computer its running on, it looks great, but when i access it from adifferent computer on the network, it looks like this-

im still having this issue, as of yesterday's commit.

any ideas?

Try deleting cookies and reload