Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - jjmucker - 2013-02-04

Does anyone have a working solution on how to get headphones to post process a torrent whilst keeping the original download to allow for seeding?
I have "keep for seeding" checked and i think this creates a temp folder in the same directory as the downloaded torrent.
then i get an error saying " Cannot copy/move files to temp folder: E:\Torrents\Incomplete torrents\tempSingles. Not continuing. Error: [Error 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists: 'E:\\Torrents\\Incomplete torrents\\tempSingles'

any help would be appreciated.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - dsimages - 2013-02-06

Hey guys, long time windows user here. I recently switched over to Ubuntu and Im having some trouble getting headphones to auto start. I followed these instructions:
Quote:Linux (terminal-install)
Install git (e.g. apt-get install git-core)
Type: git clone https://github.com/rembo10/headphones.git
Type: cd headphones
Type: python Headphones.py
Headphones will be loaded in your browser or listening @ http://localhost:8181
For autostartup (ubuntu): Install as a daemon

Installing as a Daemon:
Code:
cd ~/headphones
   Adjust settings in init.ubuntu (installpath and run as user)  
   sudo cp init.ubuntu /etc/init.d/headphones
   sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/headphones  
   sudo update-rc.d headphones defaults  
   sudo /etc/init.d/headphones start | stop | reload | restart

Im getting some "failed" errors in the terminal

See below

Code:
daniel@office-server:~/headphones$ sudo /etc/init.d/headphones start
* /etc/default/headphones not found using default settings.
chown: invalid user: `headphones'
* Headphones: Could not create /var/run/headphones/headphones.pid, See , aborting.
* Headphones: Could not create /opt/headphones, See , aborting.
* Headphones: /opt/headphones not writable by headphones for web-updates
* Starting Headphones                                                          start-stop-daemon: user 'headphones' not found
                                                                         [fail]
daniel@office-server:~/headphones$ sudo /etc/init.d/headphones stop
* Headphones: not running
daniel@office-server:~/headphones$ sudo /etc/init.d/headphones reload
Usage: /etc/init.d/headphones {start|stop|restart|force-reload}
daniel@office-server:~/headphones$ sudo /etc/init.d/headphones restart
* Headphones: not running
[b]chown: invalid user: `headphones'
[/b] * Headphones: Could not create /var/run/headphones/headphones.pid, See , aborting.
[/b] * Headphones: Could not create /opt/headphones, See , aborting.
[/b] * Headphones: /opt/headphones not writable by headphones for web-updates
* Starting Headphones                                                          start-stop-daemon: user 'headphones' not found
                                                                         [fail]
daniel@office-server:~/headphones$

looks as if Im not "running as user"

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - bam thwok - 2013-02-08

I've got a feature request, if you're taking them:

Is it possible to integrate the google mail API such that headphones could pick up on Shazam tags sent by email to an address, then automatically add the relevant artist/album to the library? Because if so, that'd be the absolute tits.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - nunciate - 2013-02-18

Code:

You either need to create the user "headphones" or edit /etc/default/headphones to run as an exisiting user.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Diekund - 2013-02-18

Anyone else having issues with the VIP server? it is as slow as the standard MusicBrainz site now...

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - jjmucker - 2013-02-18

yes me too

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Diekund - 2013-02-18

Attempt to retrieve information from MusicBrainz for release group "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" failed (retried 3 times, caused by: HTTP Error 504: Gateway Time-out)

:\

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - bam thwok - 2013-02-20

Headphones is still getting rid of downloads from torrents even though I have checked "Keep Files for Seeding". Are there other settings, like in post-processing, that would interfere with this?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - ConfusedTA - 2013-02-20

Can't say I'm very impressed with Headphones so far Sad

I asked it to scan my music library, which I've been working on a fair bit over the last couple of months to get all the tags sorted so that XBMC scans it correctly.

Headphones, however, is really struggling to do, well, anything correctly. Initially, it was using the MusicBrainz server, which kept timing out, so I did my donation to get an account on the VIP server, and it's still just as bad.

I have ~300 artists, which XBMC itself scraped successfully in about 30 minutes. Headphones has had about 5 days, and it's added a single page of artists, a lot of which are incorrect or just has the "finding artist" placeholder! Some of the artists it has correctly identified, it hasn't recognised that I already have a number of the albums!

I decided then, to do a quick test, which was to remove the database, and try to add an artist at a time. I have my music in the following folder format, with full tags:
\\server\Music\Artist\Album\Artist - Album - ## - Track Name.ext

First off - Avril Lavigne. It found the right person, and found 4 albums (good so far) - although it fails to recognise that I do in fact have all 4 of them, and has marked "The Best Damn Thing" as "Wanted"

I then tried Green Day - this time, it starts to download information for "All Day Green" - how? What? Why?

I'm quite strict about my music files, both in naming and tags, and even more so recently by wanting to get XBMC itself correct. So, why, does it appear to be finding such erroneous data? Why hasn't my music been successfully added, correctly, within a reasonable time-scale?

I really wanted this to work - but I can't understand why it's not, and I'm beginning to feel like I've wasted my money on the VIP access.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - gibxxi - 2013-02-20

The trouble with the way Headphones matches tracks is that different releases (as uploaded to MusicBrainz) may have the same tracks, but the times may differ by a second or two for the same track. If that happens, for me it seems that Headphones will refuse to link the two as being the same track. The same idea follows with album names, release dates, etc. Unless your tagging EXACTLY matches one of the releases on MusicBrainz, it won't be matched.

For popular artists, this is less of a problem as there are plenty of matches uploaded by users, for less popular artists, this isn't the case. The scanning time is no doubt a reflection of this problem. It's far from fast I will agree with you.

The other issue I see is that by having MusicBrainz as the only scraping source, if you do have releases by less obscure artists, they either won't be matched at all (artist), or the artist will be found, but none of your tracks will be matched.

However, it's better than having nothing at all. Personally, I don't rate MusicBrainz all that highly. I'd prefer to be using an alternative, but like I say. What is there is better than nothing.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - ConfusedTA - 2013-02-21

I don't understand why it can't recognise, for example, Green Day - a popular, well-known band, who have had 10+ albums, any number of which could easily be cross-referenced. There's little scope for incorrectly tagging two words in a specific order, and looking for an exact match.

I can understand the complexities of matching releases with the files on the drive... but to not even recognise artists correctly? And after a whole weekend, not even have 1/6th of my 300 artists correctly identified...?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Thom0pson - 2013-02-21

What version of python are you running? Right now it'll only work on 2.x.xImage

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - ConfusedTA - 2013-02-21

I'm using the compiled Windows version linked in the first post - which appears to have been last updated on 18th January.

So - unless it uses any of the specific Python libraries I've also got installed (which is at version 3.3), that shouldn't be an issue? (That would also explain why I couldn't run the very latest from github)

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - CBers - 2013-02-23

Still getting the following from nzb.su:

Error fetching data from https : // nzb.su: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

Is there a fix for this yet please ??

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - dr_frankenstein - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-20, 18:52)gibxxi Wrote: The trouble with the way Headphones matches tracks is that different releases.....

I am getting the same issues, I re-tagged my entire collection via musicbrainz picard everything is now perfectly tagged including the Musicbrainz id's (it was a dire state before and will never be using anything else to tag my music again), I still have a fair few albums that are not matched to the correct releases, its all a bit odd as I would have thought it would search for the release tag first then move on to the next best... its nothing a quick switch over release wise doesn't fix but it would be good for it to work first time

I still love the program its great and makes life nice and easy for grabbing new music especially after going VIP