Kodi Community Forum
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on (/showthread.php?tid=104391)

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 20:05)divingmule Wrote: The bad news, despite saving cookies and keys, and only logging in when cookies expire, I'm still getting locked out after an undetermined number of media request in a short period of time.

The good news is only kinda good news. I think there may be a bug in Frodo(or maybe it's something I'm doing wrong) that is aiding in getting locked out, I started a thread about it here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161465 Basically when you start a video then go back to the plugin directory, the directory is suppose to be cached, but it seems to be failing at times, when this happens it re-runs the plugin chalking up another media request. To avoid this I added a select dialog, where you choose what coverage to play, instead of a directory.

I have some other ideas I would like to try, to avoid getting locked out, but first I want to get this update tested and pushed to the repository.

Version 2.0.0.1
a lot of code changes, this is a testing(beta) release
added scrapping of mlb.com playlists
added higher quality mlb.com videos
added a workaround for posiable bug, where plugin cacheToDisk seems to fail, makeing it easier to get locked out of MLB.tv

This is for Frodo only. Please help test and report any issues.
Download and install from zip -> https://mlbmc-xbmc.googlecode.com/files/plugin.video.mlbmc-2.0.0.1.zip

What about the HLS builds you had? Are you still planning to keep that up to date (is there even an update to the hls binary?),

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-04-04

When I find the time I will see about updating the HLS mod, I'm guessing the the mlb-hls client is still working, I haven't tried but I don't think* anything has changed from last year.

[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jayman13 - 2013-04-04

Will the hls-mod work on a raspberry pi using rasbmc?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 22:28)jayman13 Wrote: Will the hls-mod work on a raspberry pi using rasbmc?

Probably not... I do not think there is a compatible version of the binary compiled.

(2013-04-04, 22:15)divingmule Wrote: When I find the time I will see about updating the HLS mod, I'm guessing the the mlb-hls client is still working, I haven't tried but I don't think* anything has changed from last year.

And your sure you can't use XBMC's built in HLS compatibility? I know you said something about it not supporting HTTPS streams, but where you able to verify that?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Kanipek - 2013-04-05

Love the app!

I have a couple of issues/questions. I have searched here and on the net but info seems to be limited.

First: What is the most current version for Windows 7 Pro(x64)/Eden?

Second: What is the most current version for ATV2(ios 4.4)/Eden?

Third: Is it "normal" on the ATV2 for the display to be in a "squeezed" 4:3 resolution?
It looks to me exactly like a 720p 16:9 stream that is being squeezed into a 4:3 stream
Everything seems tall and skinny.

Any ideas on how to fix it if possible?

I have MLBMC installed and working fine on both Win 7 Pro (x64)/Eden and RaspBMC/Frodo (12.1) (though HLS doesn't seem to be working on the Pi) and it is a vastly better viewing experience than the native ATV2 app in which the display randomly switches from 16:9 to 4:3 which I presume is due to bandwidth issues.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. This is a great plug-in!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-04-05

(2013-04-04, 22:30)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 22:28)jayman13 Wrote: Will the hls-mod work on a raspberry pi using rasbmc?

Probably not... I do not think there is a compatible version of the binary compiled.

(2013-04-04, 22:15)divingmule Wrote: When I find the time I will see about updating the HLS mod, I'm guessing the the mlb-hls client is still working, I haven't tried but I don't think* anything has changed from last year.

And your sure you can't use XBMC's built in HLS compatibility? I know you said something about it not supporting HTTPS streams, but where you able to verify that?

@jayman13, yeah you would need to get the mlb-hls client compiled -> http://code.google.com/p/mlbtv-hls-nexdef/ we have been using the experimental branch.

@sdsnyr94, No haven't tried. I played with it a bit with theblaze add-on a while back, they use mlb's backend. I couldn't get it to work and they weren't even using https. Maybe I'm just not doing something correctly but there must be more to it than meets the eye.

Looks like thegreyghost has committed some updates to the client the past few days. Could be wrong but, I doubt he would continue developing the client if ffmpeg would work.

(2013-04-05, 00:13)Kanipek Wrote: Love the app!

I have a couple of issues/questions. I have searched here and on the net but info seems to be limited.

First: What is the most current version for Windows 7 Pro(x64)/Eden?

Second: What is the most current version for ATV2(ios 4.4)/Eden?

The latest XBMC is Frodo 12.1, same for all OS's.

(2013-04-05, 00:13)Kanipek Wrote: Third: Is it "normal" on the ATV2 for the display to be in a "squeezed" 4:3 resolution?
It looks to me exactly like a 720p 16:9 stream that is being squeezed into a 4:3 stream
Everything seems tall and skinny.

Any ideas on how to fix it if possible?

I would say not. Maybe check the ios help and support forum. I don't have any ios devices.

(2013-04-05, 00:13)Kanipek Wrote: I have MLBMC installed and working fine on both Win 7 Pro (x64)/Eden and RaspBMC/Frodo (12.1) (though HLS doesn't seem to be working on the Pi) and it is a vastly better viewing experience than the native ATV2 app in which the display randomly switches from 16:9 to 4:3 which I presume is due to bandwidth issues.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. This is a great plug-in!

Smile

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2013-04-05

Well, according to this FFMPEG Trac ticket: https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2008

Quote: https:// is only supported if you enabled either gnutls or openssl support, which you did not (note: --enable-gpl and --enable-openssl will possibly result in a binary that you can't redistribute without breaking licenses, gnutls is thus the "safer" choice).

[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jayman13 - 2013-04-05

Sorry for my ignorance as my linux knowledge is low. How do I compile it for the pi?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-04-05

If possible, solving the dependencies will likely be the hard part. I really don't know enough about the pi to help Confused

You would be better off asking in the pi support forum. And read the wiki on the google code page.

Quoting the how to on the wiki -
Quote:First you need to checkout the source and compile. Remember to have cURL, OpenSSL, and libconfig installed on your system.

If you're under Ubuntu, install the following:

libcurl4-openssl-dev libconfig8-dev

If you're under Gentoo:

emerge net-misc/curl dev-libs/libconfig dev-libs/openssl

Next, running 'make' where you check'ed the source to will compile it and generate an executable called mlb.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Kanipek - 2013-04-05

Just an FYI on my ATV2's "squeezing" the MLBMC stream to a 4:3 aspect ratio
It was as simple as changing both from 1800K playback quality to 2400K playback
quality.

Hopefully that helps someone in the future cause I spent a day trying to find the answer
and found nothing at all just played around with the config of MLBMC.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - rbrohman - 2013-04-06

Anyone know how long the lockout lasts for? I've just installed 2.0.0.1 so I'm hoping to no. Experience this anymore, but can't try it out until it let's me sign in again.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - rbrohman - 2013-04-06

To answer my own question, it seems to be about 30 minutes.

I didn't get another lock-out afterwards, now using 2.0.0.1. Though small sample size, so I'll continue to play with it. I like the new look for selecting games, seems cleaner than the old listings.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - cablegoon - 2013-04-06

is it possible for me to view a game if I in if i can get the "('ipid') and ('fprt')" info from the cookies - my cable provider allows me to to view the my home team (jays) after logging in through their website - I get redirected to MLB's flash player - I can watch it on my computer but want to stream the same on my TV using xbmc - I can use fiddler and get the cookies info - is there someone where I can input it to make it work - or is it even possible?
thanks for any help or suggestions

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jayman13 - 2013-04-07

I got hls working on the raspberry pi. The video would time out after about 10 seconds initially. Once I turned off "lock bitrate" and set the "Use File-In File-Out" setting it appears to be working.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - wastingaeons - 2013-04-07

Hmm... anyone else getting this error with openelec?

Code:
/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_4' not found (required by plugin.video.mlbmc.hls/resources/mlbhls/openelec-mlbhls/x86_64/mlbhls)